Tarot in Film

delinfrey

Now You See Me uses Tarot (all the Horsemen receive their invitation as Tarot cards).

G6

The Gift

The Gift with Cate Blanchet. It was written by Billy Bob Thorton. I guess his mother was a reader. I liked it, but it could have been better. I wish Keanu Reeves looked dirtier. His performance wasn't bad, but it would have helped if his hair and wardrobe was not so pretty boy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_(2000_film)

Oh, I forgot they used Zener cards in the film not Tarot cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zener_cards

Either way it seems like a Tarot film. Plus she has some clairvoyant experiences too.

JMI_Tarot

I just remembered on Mad Men there is an episode where Anna Draper does a reading for Don Draper.
He's a sceptic. Her reading is casual, but pretty spot on, and he can't help but take note.

The show's creator, Matthew Weiner does tarot and said in an interview once he used it to help him write, to show his character's next moves and destinies.

littlethings

HBO had a series called Carnivale that had a card reader as one of the characters.

Holly doll

Poldark has an elderly aunt character reading the Minchiate Tarot

Johnathon Strange & Mr. Norrell has a card reader, I can't remember the deck used

Father Ted is a comedy that had a fortune teller using a Fournier TdM at their fair, Ted had a reading & the Death card came up continuously.

JMI_Tarot

Father Ted is a comedy that had a fortune teller using a Fournier TdM at their fair, Ted had a reading & the Death card came up continuously.

I think that's one of those laws of the movies, like every bag of groceries must contain a baguette, there's always a chainsaw available and ready when you need one and every tarot reading must dramatically turn up the death card.

Dogs&Coffee

The Mortal Instruments City of Bones features tarot in a neat way, if you can sit thru 1.75 hours of angsty hot topic drama

There was a witch in supernatural season 11 reading tarot in one of the last few episodes.