@-;--The Sacred Rose @-;--Study Group

Onyx

Sacred Rose Tarot -- My renewed study of the deck.

Okay I get that this may well be a poorly conceived idea, but who knows there just might be something here for me to take the next step. I am thinking that I want to take a chance, make a change and start working with the Sacred Rose Tarot. I may just be able to combine what I have been learning from the Thoth and combine it with the pictorial sense of the Waite-Smith deck.

I have been playing around with the idea of studying, not so much this deck but with this deck, and now seems like it might be a good time to make that change. I have a new mentee who uses it and I am thinking of using it for an online class. So today, I am casting my cares to the wind and just going for it. Yet I will not be changing my PDR deck but just exploring this one. I am going to try to work through the deck by following the deck's companion guide, which is laid out in lessons. I also want to use a personal journal as a place to track my studying and my lessons from the online class.

There is a lot of room and space to grow. I am weeding out decks from my collection that I do not use and I want to focus on a few that are special, useful, and have traction. Use and traction can come from studying, reading and handling. Listening to the Tarot-To-Go Radio podcast with Johanna Gargiulo-Sherman I am convinced that this is a deck that promise. From the interview, it seems that we have some similar understandings of the Tarot. I am energized to see what will come from this study.

I will be trying to post here and at the AT forum study groups with threads that follow the books sections. I think that it is a great way to study the deck along with the card by card study as well. There are ten lessons and the Major Trumps are covered in a separate lesson as well as the Minor Suits that are in a different lesson. Keeping the standard card-by-card study and then adding these lessons as a separate set of threads might be best. It is of course up to our lovely, helpful, and wise moderators to decide which is the best way and I will of course defer to their choices.

Looking forward to a great study and starting to use a deck that has color, action and history.

Onyx