ADEPT LEVEL; Step SEVEN of 21 Steps To Read A Tarot Card

Verdi

21 ways adept level step 7.4

Adept level 7.4

DruidCraft deck, chosen card: The Lady

The card that comes before is the High Priestess and the card that comes after is the Lord.

My first thoughts were that of emerging from silence and reflection, to taking on caring and creativity, for then to move into direction and decision. I have placed my self in the nurturing/creative sphere. This is good for me. I need this now, both to myself and others.

Like Jewel I have use the 78 degrees a lot in this course as well. Though in the Journey I just used the DruidCraft book (the authors however quote the 78 degrees quite a lot). So while I find myself in the natural world, the Lord pulls me into the “society” and into the power behind its rules and regulations. I will resist this pulling for law and order for now.

Directly below the Lady is the Hermit. I did the Hermit in the last part of the apprentice level, and the High Priestess was my choice in the first part of the apprentice level. I seem to be keeping to the beginning phases of the Fools journey: Firstly gaining awareness and secondly exploring the mind beneath or beyond consciousness.

Verdi :)

Jewel

Verdi said:
My first thoughts were that of emerging from silence and reflection, to taking on caring and creativity, for then to move into direction and decision. I have placed my self in the nurturing/creative sphere. This is good for me. I need this now, both to myself and others.
I need to read your Step 7.3 still, but only had a little time right now so I skipped to this step. I love your synthesis of it, not just what I quoted here but your whole post. I just loved how you put the above together, such a nice natural flow.

dadsnook2000

The gift of the Fool's Journey

I've just really, really enjoyed everone's Fools Journey. For those who follow this series but who do not participate, I have to say that it is hard to describe the benefit that comes from writing your own vision of that journey based on the deck you use. What we do, what we gain, is to become a part of our deck, our cards, and they become bound with us. "We" and "Tarot" become close. There are other ways to do this, of course, but this is really such a great form of experience to have.

Those who follow us from the Apprentice Level will be here in a few months. We will welcome their Fools Journey as energetically as we have enjoyed each others here at this time. Thanks for sharing, "guys". Dave

PS, I hope I don't get the urge to start buying more of these great decks you all are using.

coyoteblack

Adept 7 part one

There could be trouble in them cups

A woman wakes up looks at her husband and feels there is not the same feeling she once had for him, feeling empty she does what she is wont to do and has her morning drink knowing know one is up yet and she will not be seen
Feeling the need for new companionship as she is getting her family ready for work and school she plans on going to her regular haunt “the corner bar” heck know one is home who will know, she thinks.
She arrives at the bar and the bartender greets her with his usual friendly smile and welcomes her to the celebration “it is midday” he exclaims great reason to celebrate.
Thinking Back to the wonderful times she had with her family especially before all the bills mounted up and they where free to come and go she smiles and drinks her self into oblivion
She “ comes to” in unfamiliar surroundings half dressed feeling frightened and empty .
She walked out into the living room and see her old boy friend from collage and realizes she did something she should not had done but does not care, she enjoys the feeling of nostalgia of her lost relationship.
She is confused, she loves her husband, kids, even that pesky dog but she wishes to rekindle her feeling she once had with him and also her x man.

She leaves the house after she realizes she still loved her husband and realized this man just used her she understands the love her husband has for her and Des not want to loose it
She goes home revitalised with a new since of joy to her discovery that the love of her family of a wonderful feeling and she will never want to give up
She arrives home to her family in the living room they are glad to see her but her husband pulled her aside and tells her "he knows what happened" the bartender told him everything , he has known of her drinking problem for awhile, and the family has scheduled a sit down to tel her she needs to check into a 28 day facility or the relationship is over.

ps I think in the end she becomes the queen of cups and her king has forgiven her for her transgression.

PPS this works better if you see the 5 of cups.

coyoteblack

Fools Journey

In the beginning or was it in the middle well I will let you choose. Anyway there was the darkness of the in-between. I remembered past lives but was not fully in this one yet. I was only partially formed it was dark but warm I felt an unconditional love. (I am the fool about to leap)
One day there was light I was confused I was formed a little while ago now I am cold the light scares me I see so many new object around me I see a man looking at me this being manifested me from the formless void of the in-between to the “ here and now” ( the doctor is the mage manifesting otherworld forces into our reality)
Nothing is at it seems things are out of order! all my former truths are gone now I must discover new truths and rules no one is there to tell me I must assimilate this new world( the priestess and her secrets)
I see 2 people one of them will provide structure and rules one will nourish and comfort me. (The empress and emperor bring structure and comfort) I do not understand all around me I must trust and believe in this new world (Faith takes the place of the hierophant) I learn to trust the empress and emperor because now I am part of the family we are one family made or of different parts.( I believe this can be the only love a child that young can know) I take my lessons and experience the world from my own point of view and make my own decisions ( chariot moving out into the world)
Now I discover myself in the world around me I find I have a inner fortitude that I can surpass what I thought were boundaries before( strength) I learn to listen to my conscience as my inner voice( hermit) I also learn no matter what I do stuff happens out of my control( wheel) I also learn now my decisions have consequences and I have to deal with the consequences of other peoples decisions( justice) So I better choose carefully) because sometimes the only choice is to wait and surrender to the wheel( hanging man)
Now I have to find out who I am in the great scheme of life I am ready to remove the masks other people have placed on me and I am ready for the changes I will go through( I think puberty felt like death sometimes)I also find out not to go overboard on things too much I need to temper my feelings and thought with self discover and still fitting in society ( temperance)
When I do go overboard and let my wants possess me they become addictions and or me becoming obsessive this teaches me I need to learn temperance or face my own devils if I still need further lessons my tower of life will be struck down after my rock bottom I have to get Back up gain but because of my earlier lessons I have hope and faith I will heal and can and will get through this.(star)
Now I fell like how I did when I first left the womb when I first saw the mage only now I know I am also the mage only my light Is on the inside as well outside the stuff of dreams can come true and sometimes dreams come true as I just realized some nightmares come true as well.( moon)
After all this I see a light at the end of the tunnel there is joy in the physical things of life and a feeling of joy pervades my life (sun)
Now after my trials and tribulation and following my survival I have a new faith in my higher power and a new understanding of the cosmic intelligence like I did when I first encountered faith but before I had a knowledge of faith now I have a new found wisdom of the cosmic intelligence ( judgment)
After my new found faith I realize I am part of this world like I was part of the womb when i as a baby it is just a new world ( world) and I wonder what is next

coyoteblack

adept last part of 7

Where I am in all this mess well my chosen card is the moon I have been going through a lot of crap this year trying to make things happen for me it just seems like madness of the moon I know there is a deeper meaning to all this I am sure I will find it because I have the star card in my past and her message of hope .
I have a lot of wonder friends and all in all I have done ok for myself as I live in a new house that me and my brother own and I have faith I will find a new job and many of my problems I have now will be ok latter as the sun card tells us.

Jewel

For Coyoteblack

Regarding "Problems in the Cups"
coyoteblack said:
ps I think in the end she becomes the queen of cups and her king has forgiven her for her transgression.
I loved your story. Finally the darker side of cups is revealed! I loved your ending as well. Through the challenges, tough love, and getting the needed help she emerges as the Queen of Cups.

The swords usually always get picked on, but it is important to realize that every suit has its positive and negative aspects. With your story you did that. Your story is a great portrait of the cups suit all in reverse! ... I think your approach to this exercise was original and creative.

Your Fool's journey was so easy to relate to. It is life. Your life. My life. It was a personal journey that I could feel. I cannot wait to open my copy of the Tarot of Dreams on Friday, and bring it with me and re-read your posts on Monday with the deck in hand.

p.s. I told you this was a great exercise! :D

coyoteblack

this was a fun exercise I just had a really hard time coming up with a view I wanted I am glad you helped.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
this was a fun exercise I just had a really hard time coming up with a view I wanted I am glad you helped.
We are study buddies and here to support each other :D ... the ideas were all yours, and I had a blast working with you on this step.

Chela

adept level 7

I really enjoyed reading the story of climbing the mountain from the 4 perspectives of the suits. I thought of several scenarios to use for my own story - a trip to visit family in Florida, planting a garden, setting up a new web site (then I remembered I already did that one), and trip to the Reader's Studio. I settled on the Reader's Studio trip!

The storyline in all 4 suits. Trip to New Jersey/New York for Reader's Studio:
--------------------------------------------
Swords
receive notice about the conference
decide who will cover for me at work
worry about being away from home
meditate on benefits/troubles of the trip
backup person cannot cover for me after all, choose another
get to the airport on time
a flight delay; fret over that
stuck in the airplane seat on the runway
arrive in Newark but the hotel shuttle isn't running, MP3 battery goes dead
waiting around the airport for a ride
------------------------------------------------
Wands
Great excitement over news of the studio
Check the dates, air fares, work schedule, hotel room
All reservations made okay
Do readings and read books and go to tarot meetups
Competing with all other activities to squeeze tarot study in to the week
All packed and ready to go in plenty of time
Flight delay; read while waiting, plan activities during vacation
Flying fast, looking out window, and finally arriving
Gather up luggage and all carry-on items
Have to carry all of own luggage and tote it to the shuttle, and on subway
------------------------------------------------------
Cups
Joy over the upcoming conference and opportunity to meet people
Joining the NING group to connect with others who are attending
Discussions on the NING and study on Aeclectic Tarot
Feeling overwhelmed with all there is to do to prepare
Cannot do it all, what to omit? what to pursue?
Say goodbye to dh and head for the airport, all ready to leave
Flight delay; talk to the person next to me
Arrive and leave the plane behind as I embark on my journey to conference
All connections are perfect, the hotel reservation is upgraded
Enjoying the company of all the tarot people
---------------------------------------------------------
Pentacles
News of the Reader's Studio and happy for an opportunity to perfect skills
Should I study tarot or plan New York City visit? Find time for both.
Start practicing by doing readings for people
Join groups to talk about tarot, gather tools and set up my study space
Wonder if I will have enough money for the trip?
Sort through items to find things to bring for the Share Table
Flight delay; breathe deeply and focus on relaxation and good outcome
Use time on the plane to review plans for both parts of trip
Deplane and get to hotel, look around and get comfortable there
Have a wonderful time with everyone and learning everything!
------------------------------------------------------------

My version of the Fool's Journey

The FOOL, Everyman, begins his journey as an innocent, child-like person. He is open to all experiences, eager to try whatever life has to offer. He sets off without thought of tomorrow with only a sack, a smile, and a companion animal (who seems to have more sense than the Fool!) by his side.

The first person he meets is a MAGICIAN. Wow, what tricks he can perform! All the tools of life are at the Magician's fingertips and he can manipulate them at will to create the desired outcome. After this display of outward magic, the Fool meets a mysterious woman, the HIGH PRIESTESS. She sits on a throne in front of a veil, hiding the self's secrets from us until we are ready to accept them. The Fool stays a while with her and reads from her book. When he leaves the austere High Priestess, he comes to a lovely glade where sits the EMPRESS amid blooming flowers and golden crops and abundant wildlife. She smiles at him and invites him to sit down to rest. She is the loving and caring mother. After resting, he takes leave of the Empress and next finds the EMPEROR, who asks him, "What are you doing, wandering around like a fool? You had better get a notion in your head of what to do with your life and get on with it!" This shakes our hero up a bit, but he takes the dictum to heart and decides to seek spiritual counsel and then maybe find a partner to share his life.

The HEIROPHANT teaches him about society and the traditions that form a culture, and then sends the Fool on his way. Soon he meets a lovely young woman who shares his excitement for life and he chooses to leave off his wanderings and marry. They are LOVERS and very happy. At this point, the Fool feels triumphant, in charge of his own fate and master of his CHARIOT. He can easily guide the course of his life, or so he thinks.

Since he has mastered the firm control necessary for the Chariot driver, the Fool turns his efforts to maintaining an inner control over his emotions and desires. STRENGTH is able to exert this inner control by the force of love, compassion, and confidence. The Fool finds that he lacks the self-knowledge he desires and needs to go off and be alone for a while. He seeks the light of understanding and clarity of thought offered by the HERMIT. After his time of introspection, he returns to his home. Now the WHEEL OF FORTUNE turns and foists new circumstances upon the Fool. Just when you get used to the way things are...

Wheel of Fortune

JUSTICE is served by this change, and a Karmic debt or opportunity arrives for the Fool. He is a bit put out, and feels that he has been "thrown for a loop;" his life turned upside down and put on hold. As the HANGED MAN, he is suspended in the air, swaying in the breeze. He doesn't worry, though, for he willingly sacrifices for the greater good. The Fool must think of other people now (his family, perhaps) and quit being so focused on himself.

DEATH follows. Not physical death, but the ending of a cycle/way of being/part of life and giving way of old habits to make room for the new things to come. "A new day is dawning."

The Fool now seeks balance, an easy flow of life between physical, mental, and spiritual factors. Balance between himself and others. Balance between his goals/desires and the reality of his life. TEMPERANCE shows him how to accomplish this.

Whoops, it wasn't as easy as he thought! The Fool has become unbalanced. He is obsessive, chained to his desires for material goods and/or physical pleasures. It seemed like fun at first, but now he cannot see how to free himself and get away. The DEVIL is at play here.

Boom! A bolt from the blue brings the Fool back to his senses and he is released from his self-imposed imprisonment in a flash. The fall humbles him and collapses the false life he had built for himself. The TOWER is destroyed. As he lies on the ground, exhausted and worried about what will happen next, he looks up and sees the STAR shining in the heavens. This gives him renewed hope and he seeks balance once again. He vows to nourish both the physical and the spiritual aspects of his life. But is that all there is? He waits a while in the night and soon notices the MOON glowing softly in the eastern sky. He is reminded that there is an unseen side to all of us. A place of imagination and intuition and creativity. This part of him must be acknowledged too. He sees a path and begins to follow it. When he stops to rest, he falls asleep and dreams of his future.

Awakening him the next morning, the SUN warms him and brightens the landscape. He feels rejuvenated, happy again like a child. But before he could start on his way, he heard a loud trumpet blast and felt a need to stop and reckon over his life. Had he learned from his experiences? Was he a wiser person? Had he atoned for past actions? Was he ready to move on with the best intentions and see life on a new level? This was his day of JUDGEMENT. After some soul-searching, our hero, no longer a fool, has integrated all lessons from his life and now realizes that the WORLD is his oyster and he can open and enjoy it to the fullest. The Universe will aid him in his quest for a fulfilling life.

The World

And then he starts off on a new adventure, once again the Fool.
-----copyright Chela Reader
-------------------------------------------------------------

7:4 The Wheel of Fortune

The Fool has traveled long enough to need help and advice from the solitary Hermit and then he goes on to "seek his fortune" and see what the turn of the wheel brings him. Things always change. Justice is what comes, based on his prior actions and thoughts. The Wheel doles out circumstances by which the Fool can test his mettle and find his focus. Or it might be a reward for work well done.

In my life right now, the Wheel has brought me opportunities to follow my interests and passions. Circumstances have aligned to allow me to have a job that I love and a chance to travel as I like. I have acted responsibly and now have the reward of a time in my life to enjoy my life. My life cards are Moon/Hermit, and 2009 is a Wheel of Fortune year for me! Just realized that.
-----------------------------------------