Alchemical Study Group - Seven of Vessels

sapienza

On this card there are seven vessels of different shapes and sizes. One vessel at the bottom of the card is a gold chalice and on it there is an eye.

A choice needs to be made regarding which vessel is best suited for the task. Place explains that the symbol on the chalice is a sign of the Anima Mundi or World Soul. When making a choice listen to your inner wisdom and go with what feels right.

I also wonder if the vessel at the top with the drop of red liquid coming from it may represent the choice the yields instant gratification, rather than long term satisfaction. While the chalice at the bottom may require more work, the results will be worth it.

Kenny

Multitude of choices.
Variety of options.
Confused.
One true choice.
Special gift given freely, even it it is small.

Leisa

(from the book)

An alchemical chart shows different-shaped vessels. There is a choice to be made: which one will be picked? Each vessel is suited to a particular task. Only one vessel, the chalice, bears a symbol, and it is of the Anima Mundi, or World Soul.

Tarot wisdom: A choice needs to be made - pick the right tool for the right job, the right path for the journey. When you are faced with a difficult choice, listen to your inner voice; it will guide you to the path that leads to the Anima Mundi. This will be the one that feels right. As Joseph Campbell said, "Follow your bliss."

Marchal

This card puzzles me a bit, as it seems a bit far from the "traditional" meaning of the 7 of Cups - daydreaming, delusion, abuse, addiction, wishful thinking, try again. Or do I miss something here?

mj07

Leisa said:
An alchemical chart shows different-shaped vessels. There is a choice to be made: which one will be picked? Each vessel is suited to a particular task. Only one vessel, the chalice, bears a symbol, and it is of the Anima Mundi, or World Soul.

Tarot wisdom: A choice needs to be made - pick the right tool for the right job, the right path for the journey. When you are faced with a difficult choice, listen to your inner voice; it will guide you to the path that leads to the Anima Mundi. This will be the one that feels right. As Joseph Campbell said, "Follow your bliss."
I find this card to be quite plain, but it gets its message across clearly, without any fuss.

This is about the third time that "Follow your bliss" has come up for me in the last few days! Coincidence? I think not!

RexMalaki

An alchemical tool diagram shows seven vessels. The alchemist must choose the right one for the work. One vessel is a bleeding heart and, like the three of swords, indicates possible suffering as a result of the decision. The golden cup inscribed with an eye inside a diamond, is the choice that leads closer to the "anima mundi" or "world soul." Only through knowledge of the "world soul" can the philosopher's stone be obtained. The outer eyes can be deceived by the multitude of choices. Allow the inner eye to guide the way.