The Green Woman

Octopus

now stick out your tongue and go out to play with your dog!
do it as you read the message. :)
*lol*

Shadow Wolf

I haven't taken the fairies out to play in a while, and I don't know the Green Woman except to look at her face on the card.
I was showing the deck to my kids and when the saw the green woman they said, " Hey mom, she reminds me of you !!!!"
The first time I saw the green woman, I made a face back at her.

It's she's saying "Here I am, if you don't like it, too bad !!!

That's my take her, just off the top !!!

diane drizzy

I have the soul of The Green Woman! Each time I see her card she makes me smile,as she did the first time. I also own a dog, so I guess that makes my pug Drizzy a green dog!

dobro

"Each time I see her card she makes me smile,as she did the first time."

Yeah, me too. I'm always glad when she shows up. She sums up being able to trust what you grow out of. Odd really, considering she's got trees growing out of her head. She's beautiful.

Jewel

I thought I would resurrect this thread, as the Green Woman is my Faerie Companion today.

What is interesting is that my hubby and I have been spending A LOT of time outside painting the back of our house, and last night he could not get his mind to quiet down thinking of all the things we still need to do, and the touch up work all before having our new slab poured next week (for the hottub WOOOOWHOOO). So I told him we would get him an assistant. So I shuffled the cards, and fanned them out and he drew a card, the Green Woman (by the way my dog dort of looks like hers too *LOL*). I read to him about her and we laughed, and every time he started going on about what needs to be done I would hand him the Green Woman card and tell him to talk to her *LOL*. Anyhow, we had a lot of fun, and although he will never admit it I know he really liked the whole exchange and is intrigued by the Faeries ... has been for years now).

Well this morning I do my morning draw, and asking who wanted to be my faerie companion to day, and the Green Woman comes up again. This time for me. I personally think she is telling me that all work and no play is making Jewel a very cranky mermaid *LOL*.

But seriously, the visit from this faerie is very timely for both my husband and I. Being outside we have connected a bit more with nature (pinned behind the fotenia (sp?) bush painting, being bitten by mosquitos *LOL*), we are painting the house in more earthy tones (tan with dark green trim), etc. She is telling us to be proud of getting out of the rut and house to this, and to enjoy what we are doing. After all there is a hot tub at the end of the hard work *LOL*. She wants us to laugh and enjoy that we are in nature and together without the "idiot tube" blaring, and yes the dog is out there with us, and has a green patch of fur to confirm that *LOL*. She is a great companion Faerie, and very humorous, but she also has a message that we need to be creative and enjoy who we are no matter what we are doing. It is all about attitude.

geministar

A while ago, I did a reading asking how I can improve my ability to read the faeries oracle - one of the spreads from the book. The Green Woman came up in position 3 which was how I could break through any hindrances of reading the oracle.

The Green Woman helped me to understand not to be serious when I read with the faeries and to lighten up, she also told me to practice getting to know them all and visit them often. Then I would be able to break through my hindrances and grow more with the faeries.

DragonFae

The Green Woman encourages us to ponder the wild creative nature of growth...perhaps self growth. To recognize that I am what I am...and that is quite enough in and of itself. Seeking acceptance and positive regard is human nature.....but the Green Woman says to Dance and celebrate yourself for being who you are! ... Be self confident....

Moondance

I was very happy to find this thread - as I am trying to learn more about the Green Woman as well.

The other night, when I asked the faeries who I would be, if I were a faerie, I pulled the Green Woman...

This surprised me a bit, bc I am a pretty stressful / anxious person.. and the Green Woman looks wild, natural, and carefree.... I think she is telling me that that is the way I *want* to be... So, in the Faerie world, I'd allow my true nature to come through...

When I am being too serious, I try to think of her making that face at me... !!

Its funny, because I also am an incredibly stressy and anxious person and the green woman is the one fae in the deck who just draws me in like a magnet. Everything about her just makes me smile.
I did my second reading for myself the other night, but I wanted something general... The first 5 of 6 cards were all upside down. And I kind of got my head all out of shape about the fact my cards were upside down (but yet none were wrong for the situation).... Finally I flipped my 6th card and it was the green woman. The right way up. Which immediately just calmed and soothed me.
I love the visual of her, tongue poking out, so cheeky and full of life. She doesn't care what anybody thinks, she is of the earth, as old as time but yet young and vibrant. I love too that she has a "pet" with her. I'm a strong pet lover, I own many pets... So that aspect of her too, appeals to me.

Maybe the fact we are stressy people, but yet, drawn to the green woman shows we need to take the time to be more like her. More carefree, less anxious and less wound up. Be at one with nature, be at one with the creatures of the earth. And pull some funny faces and smile from time to time.

qwaychou

I used to get this card, but I could never really see or want to see what she stood for.
I still have self esteem issues ( dont we all?)
I think she is beautiful in her love of life, embracing joy, honoring herself. Making herself happy, unconcerned with the opinions of others.
I also love her leafy dragon-dog