ANCIENT EGYPTIAN STUDY GROUP - 8 Wands

rwcarter

An archer releases an arrow from his bow. Seven other arrows are prepared for his use.

The bow often refers to vigor and vital energy, while the arrow symbolizes movement that reaches beyond set boundaries. The arrow shot from a bow represents the consequence of an action that can't be recalled or revoked. Arrows are associated with purpose, power and intent and could indicate an aim, direction or course of action.

The wall behind the archer is decorated with a scene of scribes tallying the harvesting of a crop of papyrus.

Harvesting suggests the reaping of what has been sown. Together with the arrow being an action that can't be revoked, the inference is to be careful about what arrows you shoot and where you shoot them.

The spacing of the arrows represents the Fibonacci sequence (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8). Sequences are methodical, suggesting that the archer needs to be methodical in his use of the arrows. If he shoots them all off too soon, he may not have any when he actually needs them. (Haste now may lead to problems in the future.)

Papyrus is associated with an important message or insight.

Rodney

aaquwaa

just wanted to say I love this deck. Rodney, I am really enjoying your posts, hang in there :) You're doing an awesome job. Thank you for sharing.
aaquwaa

rwcarter

Thanks! It helps knowing someone's enjoying my posts. I'm definitely sticking with this deck through the middle of June and possibly long after that. I will be posting on all of the Minors and hope to have that done before the middle of May.

Please join in. Everybody sees different things in the cards and I'd love to read other people's interpretations.

Rodney

teomat

The bow and arrow are primarily weapons, so while I can see the idea of communication in this card, I also see it as an attack or possibly defense against someone else.

To me, this could be intepreted as spreading gossip, arguments or, in a more positive light, the need to defend your beliefs or take a stand (however stiff your opposition).