A new de-enabling thread

Debra

Wait a minute.

How did this end up on your profile? (yes, you!)
"Universal Waite -- Pocket Edition (US Games)"

Are you trying it on for size? :p

conversus

Well, it was a gift recently. It is small, but that box. . .

It shuffles better than the Noblet and almost the same size.

I could be in big trouble.

Debra

One lil one is enough, dontcha think?

nisaba

More than enough. Most of us are agreed that you only need a deck easy to carry around. Name me a woman who isn't inseperable from her bag when she's away from home. I have a minimum of one, usually two, decks, regular-size, on my all of hte time. And blokes, you can fit a standard-sized deck in teh back-pocket of your jeans, or the inner pocket of a jacket. The only decks you can't are giant decks like the Cary-Yale Visconti, the Giant RW and the Thoth (also slightly bloated), so if you own ANY OTHER DECKS, you alrfeady have a portable go-anywhere deck.

Now, let me hear no more talk of minis in this thread. You're all de-enabled.

Le Fanu

Minis? waste of time. You may need (or think you need) one, but they´re just novelties. Of course, I have some but I never ever use them. I don´t count the pocket U.Waite or Thoth as they are actually usable sizes. The minis just never get used. But then I tend to think;

a) I have big hands so a normal Scarabeo deck is virtually a mini for me anyway (especially without the borders like Tarot of the Master).

b) If you talk about something to sling in your bag it might as well be proper size anyway when you think about the size of bags which are currently "in". Minis would only be useful to stuff in your pocket and I bet nobody does that.

Im done with minis. The RWS mini is one of the better ones and I don´t even use that one, so you can forget the others...

(I was going to de-enable on the Tarot of the Master but I see I can trust sravana to say everything that needs to be said...)

gregory

sravana said:
Ouch. Perhaps if I just run out of money for deck buying? A large part of my problem is a substantial Paypal balance. :bugeyed:
You can give it to me. I need to pay for a set of wheels (literally.) And I do NOT need to be deenabled from getting the camper van on the road, thanks.
sravana said:
And while I'm at it:

:party: BLUE DRESS!!! BLUE DRESS!!! BLUE DRESS!!!!! :party:
:party: YELLOW DRESS!!! YELLOW DRESS!!! YELLOW DRESS!!!!! :party:

Manda said:
There are currently two versions of Tarot of the Master in my shopping cart, il Meneghello and Lo Scarabeo. Please help. I probably only really need one, right?
No – you need NONE. If you are going to be honest, you are talking WANT here, right ?
sravana said:
Okay, here's the skinny.
5) You can go to the about.com website and download all the images and color them yourself. Have an adventure!

6) You can buy the completely OOP and HTF Del Solleone Vachetta from me, and have something no-one else has! (it's b/w)
OR – you can download the whole deck for free and colour your own. sravana even admitted that right before trying to sell you one. Now let’s stop with the Vacchetta. Not Necessary. Check.
conversus said:
I have recently been informed that many, many Tarot Decks, almost all old favorites, are also produced in something called Pocket Size. Can this really be true. Are there pitfalls, disappointments, to dissuade ; or de-enabling to hope for. . .

Do I need to buy a copy of the TdM in this Pocket Size? Can I be saved from a horrible fate?

CED
Why would you want such a thing ? Look – you only just discovered such a thing existed.
You didn’t want one before; why would you just because you now know about it ?
Be STRONG. Eat chocolate. Have a carrot. (I am trying to lose weight here…)
Debra said:
One lil one is enough, dontcha think?
MORE than enough, like nisaba said. You can’t even see the bloody things.

OK – every one clear here now ? Time for coffee.

nisaba

How fortuitous - you must be some kind of reader - I just this instant just returned to my computer with a cup of something boiled. (and not with a new deck, guys, aren't I being good?)

emmsma

I keep going to about.com and for the life of me, I cannot find this downloadable Vachetta.
Help!

And I and going to stop charging decks and waiting til I can actually pay for them, so I have a bit of time...

But I am thinking about Kingdom Within Tarot. What say you, mighty de-enablers?

jackdaw*

Nina* said:
At some point I'm going to get Legacy of the Devine (mass marked edition), no doubt the Shadowscapes (simply because it's gorgeous), a spare Deirdre (it's my current favorite), the Rumi (if people keep making me more and more curiuos about it), the Truthseeker's (because those majors are STUNNING) and the Sweet Twilight (looks stunning too).
Well ... let's see:

1. Legacy of the Divine: bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging and useless Llewellyn companion book. Same work as the Gilded but with minors that aren't as good. Substitutes dreaminess and ethereal-ness for Tarot-usefulness.
2. Shadowscapes: as before ... bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging and useless Llewellyn companion book. Too much SPACE in the images, will mean that when published there will be huge empty spaces and wee little tiny little figures that will be lost in the card. These images are gorgeous online, and likely as prints, but most definitely not designed to fit into the constraints of a Tarot card.
3. spare Deirdre: I know you said this was useless to de-enable, but I'll try ;) With the money you'll save, you could buy a deck you don't have! Enjoy the one you have, and let it acquire that lovely worn, I-love-this-deck-and-use- it-all-the-time feel.
4. Rumi: it's just the novelty. Lie down for a while and see if the curiousity fades. If you do get it, you will have to learn all about Rumi and all his works and get sucked in and never get free. Never never. And as before: bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging etc.
5. Truthseekers: yes, lovely majors. But how 'bout them minors? You'll have a dust collector with lovely majors. But as you've said before that ONE bad card can ruin the deck for you, how will you deal with fifty-six of them???
6. Sweet Twilight: dunno, can't comment. All I know is that it doesn't appeal to me in the least slightest little bit.

Hope this helps a little ...

2_Journey

Quickly! The more I hear about the Anna K the more I want it. Please nip this craving in the bud before it gets too much more developed. It looks so pretty, so deep, so perfect. Help help!