A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

Tarot of Transformation

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-transformation/

A wicked raven dropped this feather by my door! Help! Telling myself I don't need to spend as much $$ on a deck for jewelry-making inspiration as I will spend on the components :bugeyed: is not working!

ETA: Neither are the reviewers on Amazon saying the cardstock is too flimsy!

magpie9

cardlady22 said:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-transformation/

A wicked raven dropped this feather by my door! Help! Telling myself I don't need to spend as much $$ on a deck for jewelry-making inspiration as I will spend on the components :bugeyed: is not working!

ETA: Neither are the reviewers on Amazon saying the cardstock is too flimsy!
O Gawd, I have this Dawg. Maybe the reviewers on Amazon never tried to shuffle this piece of c--p. maybe they have no standards at all. Maybe Amazon makes up these reviews so they can get rid of huge buying errors. Maybe they held a gun to their heads. THESE CARDS ARE FLIMSY AND THIN. ANOREXIC THIN. They would be a terrible example to all your other decks. It's a well known fact that cards have to eat to keep up their strength for all that shuffling, not unlike Nursing Mothers.
And really, that's the least and tiniest thing wrong with this deck. They have renamed practically everything, trying to pass it off as a Tarot deck when it's actually a smiley-pseudo-spiritual wistful deep-as-a-dime new age feel-good pretty-pretty purpley-pinky fluffy-brained wimpy semi-oracle rip off...that deserves to be mugged in an alley on the way home from a deeply spiritual pep rally raising money for a Very Doubtful Cause.
And The Book. Just burn it. It's full of pseudo-psychological-psensitivity that ain't getting anybody anywhere they couldn't get to by themselves with an overdose of Valium. Smile, Smile, Smile.....everything is soooooo warm and cuddly and spiritual and Elmer Fudd never tries to shoot Daffy Duck, he adopts him instead and keeps him tranquilized on Very Good Drugs with the help of a Freudian Fraud with a prescription pad.
Debra, the Great Trimmer trimmed this deck for me, in hopes that if the tarot designations were off the cards it would at least work as an oracle. Nah. It doesn't.
It's very pretty overpriced new-age trash and if you get it you will come to the point where you find yourself musing about possibly trimming all the words off it and decoupaging the bathroom with it.

You have been warned.

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
O Gawd, I have this Dawg.... They have renamed practically everything, trying to pass it off as a Tarot deck when it's actually a smiley-pseudo-spiritual whistfull deep as a dime new age feel good pretty-pretty purpley-pinky fluffy brained wimpy semi-oracle rip off..
And The Book. Just burn it. It's full of pseudo-psychological-psensitivity that ain't getting anybody anywhere they couldn't get to by themselves with an overdose of Valium.
You have been warned.
Sravana bows deeply to the de-enabling Goddess that is our Mags!

(after she recovers from dying laughing!)

BWAHAHAHA! ::snort:: :thumbsup:

pangolin

magpie9 said:
... it's actually a smiley-pseudo-spiritual wistful deep-as-a-dime new age feel-good pretty-pretty purpley-pinky fluffy-brained wimpy semi-oracle rip off...that deserves to be mugged in an alley on the way home from a deeply spiritual pep rally raising money for a Very Doubtful Cause.

Don't sugar-coat it, magpie! Tell us how you REALLY feel. ;)

MysticalMoose

magpie9 said:
O Gawd, I have this Dawg. Maybe the reviewers on Amazon never tried to shuffle this piece of c--p. maybe they have no standards at all. Maybe Amazon makes up these reviews so they can get rid of huge buying errors. Maybe they held a gun to their heads. THESE CARDS ARE FLIMSY AND THIN. ANOREXIC THIN. They would be a terrible example to all your other decks. It's a well known fact that cards have to eat to keep up their strength for all that shuffling, not unlike Nursing Mothers.
And really, that's the least and tiniest thing wrong with this deck. They have renamed practically everything, trying to pass it off as a Tarot deck when it's actually a smiley-pseudo-spiritual wistful deep-as-a-dime new age feel-good pretty-pretty purpley-pinky fluffy-brained wimpy semi-oracle rip off...that deserves to be mugged in an alley on the way home from a deeply spiritual pep rally raising money for a Very Doubtful Cause.
And The Book. Just burn it. It's full of pseudo-psychological-psensitivity that ain't getting anybody anywhere they couldn't get to by themselves with an overdose of Valium. Smile, Smile, Smile.....everything is soooooo warm and cuddly and spiritual and Elmer Fudd never tries to shoot Daffy Duck, he adopts him instead and keeps him tranquilized on Very Good Drugs with the help of a Freudian Fraud with a prescription pad.
Debra, the Great Trimmer trimmed this deck for me, in hopes that if the tarot designations were off the cards it would at least work as an oracle. Nah. It doesn't.
It's very pretty overpriced new-age trash and if you get it you will come to the point where you find yourself musing about possibly trimming all the words off it and decoupaging the bathroom with it.

You have been warned.

Oops I GUFFAWED out loud & woke the dog!! that totally cracked me up & if that don't de-enable ya then I don't know what will! :D:D:D:D:D

MM })

cardlady22

magpie9 said:
. . . decoupaging the bathroom . . .

That's enough! I'm done! There's just SOOOO much history in my extended family about therapy being the expensive re-decorating of the entire house . . .

ETA: Come to think of it, I guess it was better that our family received the benefit of the $$$ rather than the shrink's new office!

magpie9

Glad to hear it :joke: ! I'm always happy to help out here, especially with decks that I totally loathe. })

Le Fanu

Hurrah for Magpie9 and a spot-on example of stupendously good deck analysis! That post deserves to be known beyond the confines of the de-enabling thread. It deserves to be read and inwardly digested in the big wide world.

You identify all the aspects of what I most loathe in a certain type of deck... needless to say, the Transformation doesn´t tempt me in the slightest after that post....

Bravo!! :)

cardlady22

Maybe we should start a "What deck should I dump" thread where the gods & goddesses of deck analysis can help us with our lists!

Cat*

Another YAY! for Magpie9's fantastic de-enabling. :thumbsup: I only have to add one tiny thing: Layers. Way too many layers.

I also agree with Le Fanu that reviews like these deserve to be kept in some easy-to-find place for generations to come. Maybe they could be put with the other deck reviews over in the Cards area? }) Getting second opinions IS a good thing, after all, right? :angel:

cardlady22 said:
Maybe we should start a "What deck should I dump" thread where the gods & goddesses of deck analysis can help us with our lists!
Yes! :thumbsup: But if everyone is going to be able to read how bad these decks are, that are still in our possession, who are we going to dump them ON? :bugeyed: