A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

My dear Cat* I cannot begin to tell you how many things I have purchased simply because I was told I shouldn't!

ETA: And I have my "magic price point" ~ If I see a list of decks, I deliberately seek the ones that say $10 and then hunt their pics.

SolSionnach

cardlady22 said:
Maybe we should start a "What deck should I dump" thread where the gods & goddesses of deck analysis can help us with our lists!
ROFL. I just sent a PM to Le Fanu, asking him to comment on about 40+ decks that I'm going to offer up around here!
Great minds and all that...
Cat* said:
Yes! :thumbsup: But if everyone is going to be able to read how bad these decks are, that are still in our possession, who are we going to dump them ON? :bugeyed:
Oops. :bugeyed: Perhaps this isn't such a good idea? Perhaps we should just do it via PM?

(I have to say, I just *love* that bugeyed emoticon!)

Cactus

gregory said:
Steele Wizard. That is one weird deck. Not least because it is the ONLY deck I have that feels like if you dropped the cards they might BREAK..... and yes - the borders - do we have a vomit smiley ? And they are so big you have to lay them out on the floor.....

That did it for me. For a while I was considering this deck and then read about the lamination problems. That, in addition to the inches of black border on each card make me want to pass.

Le Fanu

cardlady22 said:
My dear Cat* I cannot begin to tell you how many things I have purchased simply because I was told I shouldn't!

That sounds SO familiar. I thought it was just me....

moderndayruth

magpie9 said:
O Gawd, I have this Dawg. Maybe the reviewers on Amazon never tried to shuffle this piece of c--p. maybe they have no standards at all. Maybe Amazon makes up these reviews so they can get rid of huge buying errors. Maybe they held a gun to their heads. THESE CARDS ARE FLIMSY AND THIN. ANOREXIC THIN. They would be a terrible example to all your other decks. It's a well known fact that cards have to eat to keep up their strength for all that shuffling, not unlike Nursing Mothers.
And really, that's the least and tiniest thing wrong with this deck. They have renamed practically everything, trying to pass it off as a Tarot deck when it's actually a smiley-pseudo-spiritual wistful deep-as-a-dime new age feel-good pretty-pretty purpley-pinky fluffy-brained wimpy semi-oracle rip off...that deserves to be mugged in an alley on the way home from a deeply spiritual pep rally raising money for a Very Doubtful Cause.
And The Book. Just burn it. It's full of pseudo-psychological-psensitivity that ain't getting anybody anywhere they couldn't get to by themselves with an overdose of Valium. Smile, Smile, Smile.....everything is soooooo warm and cuddly and spiritual and Elmer Fudd never tries to shoot Daffy Duck, he adopts him instead and keeps him tranquilized on Very Good Drugs with the help of a Freudian Fraud with a prescription pad.
Debra, the Great Trimmer trimmed this deck for me, in hopes that if the tarot designations were off the cards it would at least work as an oracle. Nah. It doesn't.
It's very pretty overpriced new-age trash and if you get it you will come to the point where you find yourself musing about possibly trimming all the words off it and decoupaging the bathroom with it.

You have been warned.
An examplary, antological de-anabling, bravo! *standing ovations* :D :thumbsup:

swimming in tarot

de-enable me from darkness, please!

Okay, I don't know if it is appropriate for me to post in this thread, or if I'm being too general. I'm being sucked into tarot. For 25 years, I had my RWS only. Then I thought, I want to do tarot more, but I need to see with fresh eyes, see fresh images to make new connections with. Innocent, right?

I look through the deck reviews at AT and lose five days of my life. I order the three decks that grab me the most. They should arrive tomorrow. Now I am looking at other people's decks online, and at the deck reviews, and think it remiss that I have no dark decks, for balance. I'm wanting to order three more: Bohemian Gothic (not available on Amazon at present, thank goodness), Deviant Moon, and Dark Grimoire. I've read your Deviant Moon de-enabling thread and it doesn't faze me. The manic collector in me (that I thought I'd left in the past, but apparently was just hiding) wants to own everything. I won't let it. My finances don't permit it, either. And I'm thinking that with poly-deckamy, you don't get to know your decks as well if you were mono-deckamous. But, my evil collector twin says, like the devil making a bargain, "How about a limited-parameter collection? Just 78-card fully illustrated non-RWS clone decks under $20, that appeal to you and are easy to get hold of. That eliminates hundreds, right there! And you're doing a primary deck study with cross comparisons to your other decks, so that will just enrich the experience".

Can anyone de-enable me, please?

-Swimming In Tarot

Debra

What I don't like about collecting tarots is the feeling of compulsion. Sounds like you're sensitive that way, too. Take your new decks and enjoy them. Promise yourself not to buy any others for 4 or 5 months. Make a list and check it then. Bet most of them will have lost their appeal.

cardlady22

swimming in tarot said:
I'm thinking that with poly-deckamy, you don't get to know your decks as well if you were mono-deckamous. But, my evil collector twin says, like the devil making a bargain, "How about a limited-parameter collection? Just 78-card fully illustrated non-RWS clone decks under $20, that appeal to you and are easy to get hold of.

-Swimming In Tarot

You are already hanging on by finger & toenails! A price limit is a MAJOR cop-out! Did you not read my earlier post about my $10 magic price point? I just inquired about some more today, for goodness sakes! I've even tried to make myself follow a mathematic formula/ratio of Tarot to Oracles. It won't work.

And let's not forget the clearcut example of our darling Magical Moose who frequents this thread in pitiful and perverse attempts at contrition and absolution . . .

Admit what you are & join the support group: Tarot Deck Addicts Non-anonymous (because we DO go check your Profiles to see if you sneaked around!)

Debra

cardlady22 said:
(because we DO go check your Profiles to see if you sneaked around!)

We do?

Oh rats.

MysticalMoose

Moi ???

cardlady22 said:

And let's not forget the clearcut example of our darling Magical Moose who frequents this thread in pitiful and perverse attempts at contrition and absolution . . .

Awwwww :bugeyed: Woe is me...........

.........................................................})