A new de-enabling thread

GreenMoonBeam

sravana said:
:eek:
And I make my living as a MUSICIAN!!! I need that hand!!!

:bugeyed:

RSI shall set in from dealing cards of too many decks. Cease and desist, O Muscial One. HOW could you think of ruining your ability to make sweet music
by having yet another deck. Shame, Shame, Shame.
The choice is obvious: MUSIC over tarot To hear and feel is far
better than to read and.... Desist now.:bugeyed:

SolSionnach

Okay okay okay!

I've deleted EVERYTHING from my Alida cart. Thanks for the successful de-enabling.

I have an astrology book in my cart at Amazon US - I'm going to be buying that one. ;)

Anybody know where to go to get that way cool Lenormand deck that folks found on etsy?

thorhammer

sravana said:
Anybody know where to go to get that way cool Lenormand deck that folks found on etsy?
Nope }) And you're not having one.

\m/ Kat

SolSionnach

HAH.
Well, I found it again, and even though the cards are wonderfully moody, I didn't spring for them.

I did, however, buy that LS Art Nouveau Lenormand, and an astrology book.

But I think I'm over my buying spree now. And I have a lot of time to meditate on my sins.

:rolleyes:

But good on the de-enabling thread - you guys saved me over 80 euros!

thorhammer

sravana said:
HAH.
Well, I found it again, and even though the cards are wonderfully moody, I didn't spring for them.
If I may do some preemptive work on this sucker, in case anyone else feels the need to splurge that ridiculous amount of money:

The cards are TINY. As in, tiny. They're amateurishly cut and the edges don't line up, and the lamination is very heavy and shiny. All these things add up with the 36-card thing to the deck being very hard to shuffle, which is more annoying than it sounds.

More tellingly, the creator has tried to apply the recent wishy-washy, feel-good New Age everyone's-right-all-the-time brand of *intuitive* reading to what should have stayed a nice, rigidly structured Oracle. I think she might have not had the patience to do a full 78 and went for the 36 instead. Secondly, many of you will be aware that cards in the Lenormand which bear the same name as some in the Tarot (Moon, Stars, Sun, Tower) mean vastly different things. The creator has blithely ignored this, thrown out the Lenormand tradition and additions and gone with Tarot. Pointless. I obstinately read it with Lenormand meanings :D

The price really is more than it's worth to you. I'm not saying it's not worth that much to her, as I'm sure it's a lot of work to hand cut all those cards etc. But the fact is, you're not going to get the mileage out of it that you think you will, and the pricetag is very hefty for a deck of this number of cards and size of cards.

\m/ Kat

SolSionnach

Kat, thanks for the de-enable. I'm shocked - Shocked! - that the cards are that poorly made. Not to mention the tarot vs. lenormand meanings. I am totally de-enabled from the etsy lenormand. High fives!

AND - I went to Amazon and struck the Lenormand from my order!
I was just thinking about how the LS Art Nouveau *Tarot* was a study in sameness, and realized that I really did NOT need a Lenormand like that.

I wish I hadn't sold my Blue Owl oh well. Now I'll have the Bärtschi Lenormand and the Mystisches - that's plenty. In fact, I'm thinking that I just may have to create my own deck - much less daunting than creating a tarot (besides, the Dussere Dodal or Jacques Vieville are as close to perfection as you can get in a tarot!)

Debra

Atta girl!

Make your own. Make your own! And then show us!

(mumble mumble however should you want to trade your dodal for, say, 5 or 6 oracles have i got a deal for you mumble mumble)

gregory

sravana said:
Hey! Watchya got against DOGS???

Gregory, you'd love Ms. Blossom. She's a miniature poodle who loves cats. Of course, the cats don't know that - but she'd never harm a flea.
You name it, I got it against them. And that's what they ALL say. The last person (no, I lie - the SECOND to last person) who said that, the dog promptly took one look and bit me to the bone.

Sorry.

NOT. Give me cats any time !
sravana said:
And I make my living as a MUSICIAN!!! I need that hand!!!
As a fellow musician - I sympathise. But I have a great axe right here..... stay outta the store. }) OR ELSE.
I am about to go to Walmart. No decks there :D But I hope to find the new Lily Allen CD. Don't bother trying - I shall buy it whatever - for SO as much as for myself....

SolSionnach

Debra said:
Atta girl!

Make your own. Make your own! And then show us!

(mumble mumble however should you want to trade your dodal for, say, 5 or 6 oracles have i got a deal for you mumble mumble)
Um. No. I don't think so! :D

However, I did buy Yet Another Lenormand last night - from Radio shack like place that had it on sale (!!!!) It is the Jeu du destiny, and it was $6.50. I hope they come through with it - the shipping was more than the cost of the deck. :bugeyed:
But now I'm done - three Lenormands (Mystic, Jeu du, and Bratches - or whatever it is), and the next one will be one I make myself. (Gonna be a long, long time!)
gregory said:
You name it, I got it against them. And that's what they ALL say. The last person (no, I lie - the SECOND to last person) who said that, the dog promptly took one look and bit me to the bone.
I'm really sorry to hear that. Ms. B is so shy - if you show interest in her she'll sniff your hand, but won't let you pet her until she figures you out. So no, she's not a biter.
gregory said:
Sorry.

NOT. Give me cats any time !

As a fellow musician - I sympathise. But I have a great axe right here..... stay outta the store. }) OR ELSE.

:::runs and hides:::

MysticalMoose

scary thread :bugeyed:.....axes......I'm glad I'm not considering buying anything today!!! .....well...sort of....:rolleyes: