Dark Lady and dreams

emily2otters

last night i did a very risky thing. :)

i set the dark lady in the mirror at the head of my bed, with the sage and the faery godmother flanking her, and asked her to guide my dreams. i felt i needed the sage and the faery godmother to help out and make sure she didn't hit me with more than i could handle. and boy did i have an amazing dream!

i dreamed i had a daughter, and she was being tormented at school by another girl. (the dark lady has that queen of the clique look to her, which was certainly reminding me of my own childhood...) i went and confronted the girl's father, who bore a striking resemblance to tom berenger. :) he listened very attentively and quietly, then reached out and stroked my upper lip with his thumb... that stopped me in my barrage, and i let out a huge sigh "huh". then he was touching my brow and my cheek with that same gentle, attentive look... and at this point the details get fuzzy (*snicker*), but i ended by curling into his arms and sobbing, and finally falling asleep. as i was waking, i was wondering what that would mean for our daughters -- would they have to be sisters now? -- and could see tom talking kindly and compassionately to his daughter and telling her why what she did was wrong and asking her how he could help her get what she needed in a better way.

it was so powerfully erotic and so powerfully healing at the same time... i wish i could talk to my own childhood tormenters and find out how they're doing now.

i wonder if i dare dream with the dark lady again?

;)

Faerie Lin

Wow Emily!
That dream seemed like it was amazing! I have never done anything like that with the Faeries yet, actually haven't thought about it, but I am going to try it out now! You had amazing results. Thanks for posting this!

PS, you have really made me feel good about our trade. I am so happy you are enjoying the Faeries!!

Lin

tigerlily

Is there a reason for setting the card *in* the mirror? Some mirror magick or dream magick I'm not aware of? :) I need a mirror tonight...

emily2otters

tigerlily said:
Is there a reason for setting the card *in* the mirror? Some mirror magick or dream magick I'm not aware of? :) I need a mirror tonight...

nope. :) there's a tiny and simple altar at the head of my bed that's just a 6 inch square mirror and a candle. putting the dark lady in the mirror just meant she was in the center. but then again, maybe the dark lady happens to like mirrors. *shrug* it worked for me.

Rhiannon

Wow, that's really cool emily! Do you have daughters like this who are going through something similar? Or do you think the dream was meant to heal you from some of the issues from your past? Do you think it was prophetic?

R :)

emily2otters

Rhiannon said:
Do you have daughters like this who are going through something similar? Or do you think the dream was meant to heal you from some of the issues from your past? Do you think it was prophetic?
R :)

i think it's the middle one: healing issues from the past. i don't have children right now, and i doubt that i'm meant to hook up with tom berenger anytime soon. :D just kidding.

i don't know how to feel about prophetic dreaming... i've never identified one of my own, though i might have had a clairvoyant dream once. it would be nice to think i was destined to meet someone so kind and gentle... maybe having had the example, i'll be able to _be_ that kind and gentle. :)

emily2otters

after the first night with the dark lady, i've experimented with other faeries and with soul cards ... and no cards. my dreams have been consistently vivid and memorable, also consistent in their emotional intensity. i'm starting to think the dark lady took up residence at the head of my bed. :) she is most welcome there.

has anyone else tried dreaming with the faeries?