The Faerie Guide card

jade

so do you all think that our faerie guide is constant?

i think that it would change as to our needs........so drawing it in, wouldn't that make our deck less timeless?

confused,
jade

DarkElectric

EEEEEEK!
Now I don't know what to do! I'm confused too! I think I'm going to get out the coloured pencils, and goof around with ideas on separate sheets of paper, and play like a little kid again. I'm getting the STRONG urge to make my card...it really wants to be made, and so I'm just going to do the best I can, and ask them to help. They have a great sense of humour, maybe they WANT me to draw a really awesome looking...stick figure!

mooncat2

Jade - that was something to think about!!!

Maybe because this is a special personal faery then he/she has the ability to meet any of our needs - as they change so he/she will have the message we need to hear. ( she said hopefully).

Dark Electric - Thats the spirit - go girl!!!

SherryZoned

Makes sense Mooncat..about Jades question..You could always ask the faeries Jade?

Jewel

emily2otters said:
i played around with it a little, and came up with a drawing i liked well enough. i wish i could trace it onto the card, but alas the card is opaque... ! maybe i'll end up doing some sort of ink transfer or something...

Carbon paper would probably work nicely! I use that all the time when transferring images onto wood :)

As for Jade's question, I think my faerie guide is constant. If she feels I need the expertise of another faerie she will guide me to them :)

DarkElectric I cannot wait to hear about the drawing of your faerie guide, I bet it goes beyond anything you have drawn before and you will be really pleased ... call it a hunch or a faerie wispering in my ear ;)

DarkElectric

I confidently take your Faeries' word for it.

I don't have a scanner, but I have a friend who does, and if all turns out as well as the Faeries say it will, I'll try to post it so everyone can see it. (Now, is that brave, or WHAT!)

Jewel

DarkElectric said:
I don't have a scanner, but I have a friend who does, and if all turns out as well as the Faeries say it will, I'll try to post it so everyone can see it. (Now, is that brave, or WHAT!)

Yeah! I call that Faerie Power! ~giggles~

emily2otters

jewel: fantastic idea! i think my mom has some carbon paper...

DarkElectric

I made it!
It turns out coloured pencils were almost useless...(Insert faerie giggling here, ) but I had some sparkly pens, and those worked SO well...(more faerie giggling) and the card came out surprisingly good. (Faeries saying, HA! We told you so!) Ok, wise guys, you were right! (teeheeheeheehee...) Now I have to see if my friend can scan it. (Oh, we'll have fun with all THAT!Teeheeheeeheeheeheeheee!)

Jewel

DarkElectric I am so happy for you!!!! Yesterday I bought a sketching pad so I can start meditating more on my Guide and let her show me what she looks like. Every day she reveals more of herself to me and I have a pretty clear mental picture of her. This morning I was listening to CD inspired by Fairies and I was receiving glimpses of HOW TO draw her! Thanks for the note on colored pencils as this what I would have tried (to get shadings and such). The cards are so small that I am wondering if Acrylics would work ~ponders~ ... if not I was thinking about maybe doing her in my sketchbook then, once I am pleased with the painting, have the page scanned and then printed in reduced size on the card ... wonder if this is feasible ... I hope so because I think I would really like to do an acrylic paining! She wants color and shading and all that good stuff! *LOL*.

I cannot wait to see your scanned card! Your success is really inspiring to me :)