Re-considerating the English Alphabet

Ravenswing

Looking for one-to-one correspondences between the English and Hebrew alphabets is something I've been doing for quite some time. If one considers the set of vowels as one member of the alphabet set, one gets 22 members: the set of vowels and the remaining 21 consonants.

It works, but it might be seen as stretching things a bit.

Answers come unexpectedly sometimes.

I was breakfasting with my wife this morning. She was discussing some aspects of her work--culturing of cells. She used the word "aliquot", then mock-seriously said: "the word of the day-- aliquot. A-L-I-Q-U-O-T".

I snapped back "Are you sure it isn't A-L-I-K-W-O-T?"

And a light went on.

'qu' can be replaced by 'kw'; 'x' can be replaced by 'ks'; 'c' sounds either like 's' or 'k'; 'f' can be replaced by 'ph'.

If we remove 'c', 'f', 'q' and 'x' from the alphabet we have a 22-letter English alphabet...

fly well
raven

cardlady22

Interesting idea. I've seen a couple of numerologists recommend using a "phonetic" translation rather than a literal letter-for-letter. Have you ever read books/websites that trace alphabetical developments?

bluecaffeine

other idea: alike what? just from the pronounciation.

Wizardiaoan

I would drop the phonetic comparison approach. It's proven a dead end, for instance by accepting the Hebrew and Greek alphabets as correct and magickal (both of which have diverse phonetics in the same place value). The phonetic approach tries to force fit everything to one other language. The key is much more simple, and that is to look at place values. My thesis is they all line up serially by place value.

I have creatively extended the system to 37 Keys. This as 37+56 = 93 as the full number of Tarot. It is possible with this to map letters past 22.

Try first to do a serial alignment by place value of all the alphabets, I think it is correct.