"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

HearthCricket

Gerbear said:
Me too! I have a core group of decks that I use, maybe five or six. That is sufficient for me.The rest of my 1100+ decks are obtained for the artwork alone. Enjoy everyone!!

And you make a fantastic point. I wanted it for reading, which is why I changed my mind when I found out it was not laminated in any way. You want it for the art. And that is great! Considering it sounds like only a certain amount were made, if people like me bought it (and yes, I would have been very disappointed if I found it to be just paper cardstock) then people like you might not have had the chance to get it. Everyone buys or turns decks down for different reasons. That is the beauty of being aeclectic! Now if this deck ever does become MM or in a laminated version, I am all over it, especially the dark one. I like the skulls! :D

Nina*

HearthCricket said:
So am I and happy that people bought it and will enjoy it. I love the images, too. It is a gorgeous deck. But I want to work with it and for me, personally, I wanted it to have some kind of coating to it. I am allowed to have my personal opinion too, right?
Of course you are. But you are also allowed to buy fairy figurine number 837 without me telling you how glad I am that I'm NOT getting those.

I'm not one to jump any wagons either. On the contrary. I saw this deck and knew AT ONCE that I wanted it. Simple as that.

And I'm so thrilled to get it. Yay!!! :party:

Le Fanu

HearthCricket said:
Everyone buys or turns decks down for different reasons. That is the beauty of being aeclectic!
Very true! I turn decks down because they are laminated :D

gregory

Nina* said:
Of course you are. But you are also allowed to buy fairy figurine number 837 without me telling you how glad I am that I'm NOT getting those.
*giggle*

Floss

Well - for a small graphic design operation who have never produced a tarot deck before, I think they're fantastic. Lamination or no lamination. I really couldn't give a toss about their computer email skills or lack of ... we have two beautiful decks, we all have our confirmation, these guys have been more than accommodating, humurous and warm ... I'm happy! ;)

strings of life

Le Fanu said:
Very true! I turn decks down because they are laminated :D

LOL. I concur!

And, I can even deal with the borders ;).

It's fun to be excited for something like this. And, you know, when some of us saw it, we asked the same thing: "Where can I get one?"

Le Fanu

What's so exciting about this right now is that NONE of us have it. Normally, when we're curious about a deck, we put threads out there; "can anyone tell me about deck XYZ? Cardstock etc?" And normally we have been given the lowdown before we decide to order it or not, somebody has chimed in with how much they love it/ hate it. And even when it is a new release, we usually have a pretty good idea, i.e it's Lo Scarabeo (thus a certain type of cardstock), or U.S Games (another type of cardstock etc) or Llewellyn (a chipped type of cardstock ;)).

It is very rare to have such an unknown quality to get excited about. It really is like Christmas! I'm pretty realistic, some people will like it, others won't and everyone wil be quick to post their opinion. I just have to hope I'm one of the ones who likes it. I just hope that when the first person posts that they don't like it (and it will happen, of course it will) it doesn't mean that everyone else can feel smug because they didn't buy it. Different strokes &c. I would only be annoyed with myself if I had spent money on this which I really shouldn't have. Then I'd feel guilty about a rash purchase. As it is, I feel I have nothing to lose.

I think it's quite exciting!

Mojo Twin 2

Any word on a second run?

strings of life

Second run? None if us have seen decks from the first run!

This is quite a unique experience.

I wonder if they will print more. Time will tell...

ahclem

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Any word on a second run?
Their web page clearly states that each deck is a "Limited Edition: 100 Standard Editions/10 Deluxe Editions."

I'd imagine that any second run would have to be somehow differentiated as a new and separate edition.