Which deck has your favourite and least favourite back design/colour ets and why???

Metafizzypop

I like the backs of the Zombie Tarot. They're black (which is always a plus) and the fortune-teller zombie head is pretty funny. I also like the backs of the Dark Angels Tarot.

The only tarot back that I really don't like is on the Tarot of Atlantis. Its a plain dull aqua nondescript design that I don't know what it's supposed to be. It's just so blah. Well maybe that's not fair. It's not blah. It just very meh.

Padma

You know, I saw a youtube video the other day and it featured the Aquarian and I noticed that the Aquarian had a white border on the back! .

Odd, Le Fanu - my Aquarian deck does not have a white border on the back - just swirled patterns of blue and white. ;)

My personal fave for card backs are the Baroque Bohemian Cats. Love the scrolled red and white theatre type pattern. Very Baroque, and very beautiful. :) Oh, and Kat Black's Touchstone is a close second - lovely floral pattern, tiny, in gold, brown and black.

missy

BBC backs

My personal fave for card backs are the Baroque Bohemian Cats. Love the scrolled red and white theatre type pattern. Very Baroque, and very beautiful. :)

I had to go grab a couple of my different ones ... :D The angels and the cat heads add to the effect. I think they are more noticeable in the first edition due to the black coloring. I like the BBC Gold just because they are gold and blingy! ... but I also like the rosy pink of the third edition, even though the angels and the cat heads are not as immediately obvious in that color. :) I do not have a plain BBC second edition to compare.

jema

I was gonna say Circle of Life too, and Sheridan-Douglas.

I dislike backs that don't match the art-work of the deck at all.
On the top of my head is the backs for the Revelations Tarot. Intricate and detailed art and the backs some fuzzy swooshing spiral shape

Oh DaVinci Enigma got backs that you actually use for creating spreads, nifty!

Alta

For some reason, even though it is non-reversable, my fav back of all time is the Alchemical (I only have the standard MM one that originally came out, so I can't say about other editions). I just love the look of it, plus that slightly mysterious, alchemical air to it. :)

The second one I throw in for guessing hehe, wow, cluttered and horrible. A perfect example of everything that makes me hate a back.

The third one is from the Kalevala, not because I particularly love it, but is a lovely example of the art on the back of the card matching the theme of the deck.

I am so used to standard RWS pattern and the Robin Wood backs that effectively I don't 'see' them. I neither like nor dislike them.

Attachments

• Deck backs.jpg
    Deck backs.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 220

gregory

The second one I throw in for guessing hehe, wow, cluttered and horrible. A perfect example of everything that makes me hate a back.
But I LOVE the deck.... Which is why I recognised that at once :D

greatdane

Favorite and Least Favorite

Out of the decks I have, I like the Pamela Commemorative a lot, as well as the Anna.K and the belgian published Uni Waite regular size with it's dark blue background and stars. For least favorites, I reallly don't like the backs of the Visconti Sforza. They so don't seem to match. I have also avoided getting an original rider waite because I reallly am not into the plaid backs.

Le Fanu

Funny, one of my favourite backs, the one I always think about when people ask what my favourite card back is, belongs to the very first deck I bought, the Grimaud Grand Etteilla. I don't know why I like it so much but I do!

Attachments

• 11061_6_grand_etteilla.jpg
    11061_6_grand_etteilla.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 238

Tibor

That looks very nice Le Fanu. I like that a lot. :)

missy

:laugh:

I don't know what it is, but I'm laughing! :D :laugh: I looked at the collage decks on aeclectic. Which could it be? Surely it must be one of those! :bugeyed:

I'll venture a guess, based on the artwork. The Flowers of Life tarot?