And I'm planning on buying a ton of decks next month that will fit the theme:

- The Tarot of Vampyres
- The Vampire Tarot (Robert Place)
- Oracle of Shadows and Light
- The Fantod Pack
- Ghosts & Spirits Tarot
- The Zombie Tarot
- The Halloween Tarot

I also think that the Joie de Vivre Tarot has a wonderfully "Autumn" feel to it, but unfortunately, I won't be able to afford it with all of the other decks I plan on getting.

Juliana

I've been looking up some of these wonderful decks mentioned in this thread. How in the world did I not know about the Fantod deck?! A deck by Edward Gorey? How fabulous is that?! I must have it!

jema

We usually don't 'do' halloween in Sweden... but I still like my darker decks for the late fall.

I miss my Barbara Walker tarot, that one is perfect for moody readings.

Rhinemaiden

I've been looking up some of these wonderful decks mentioned in this thread. How in the world did I not know about the Fantod deck?! A deck by Edward Gorey? How fabulous is that?! I must have it!

I love my Fantod Pack... you might also want to look for Portable Fortitude.... (it's a card deck with a Gorey attitude ;) ) Anything with a Gorey attitude is great for Halloween... I DO wish we had a Charles Addams deck!! })

Grizabella

I want to also get the Witchy Tarot Kit but haven't had the money just yet. It's on my list for when I do have some fun money again, though.

Winterchild

Ideal Deck for Halloween

Halloween was always my favorite holiday/occasion and autumn is far and away my favorite and most-relished season.

For those reasons, no decks currently out there meet with my approval as either Halloween-y or autumn-y enough. Gothic and vampire-y do not capture the spirit of the season for me, perhaps because they don't include enough of the seasonal/natural environment. I also don't like being locked into one theme for a deck that I would rather be Halloweeny generally and not focused on vampires alone or this or that scary narrative alone.

The Halloween Tarot, which was among the first decks in my collection and which I used to read at many events, does have the required seasonal flavor but it's too cutesy and humorous to for me to like using it as an all-purpose deck. Also, it too doesn't have the natural autumnal environment I want.

I really just want a serious-toned autumn-themed (northern hemisphere) deck and nothing else will satisfy me. For the time being, I'm willing to settle for a very starkly delineated autumn in one of the suits, but all the decks that have very clearcut autumn suits are unsatisfactory to me for other reasons (like the Hertz Faerie Tarot, which is hampered by, well, faeries).

As to the question of the thread, oh, the usual suspects: Archeon for the so-called "darker" deck [what is dark about this deck other than its literal, murky coloring?], Hudes for a slight autumnal feel, probably the Fallen Angel Oracle as mentioned above although I don't care for oracles and have to push myself to use the few I have, and, if I can stomach handling the sticky brick-like thing, Robert Place's Vampire Tarot.

I'll have to reconsider Sacred Rose in light of the recommendation, although my copy's out of reach at the moment.

I would so love this too..... with earthy Samhain undertones, fog, ragged moons.... stark tree's but not cutified....I think the Melissa Halloween Lenormand will be fantastic though... I soooooo want that!

swedishfish612

my Boooooo basket:

- Dark Fairytale
- Dark Grimoire
- Deviant Moon
- and I plan on ordering the Halloween Tarot

missy

Definitely let me start with the:

* All Hallows deck by Chronata! Anyone who does not have that deck in their collection is missing a year-round goodie! This isn't just a deck for Halloween. I love this deck anytime! Great cardstock, wonderful imagery, comes in its own bag ... all I can say is, get it (and the Minute by Chronata, too!) but for Halloween, this one is a must.

* Bohemian Gothic 2nd Edition - Borderless cards, and the imagery and cardstock and I don't know where to stop with how much I love this deck.

* Deviant Moon - Chatty, chatty inhabitants. Complete love.

* Zombie Tarot - Fun, chatty, and ... zombies! :D

* Dark Angels - This deck, which might appear to some at first glance like teenage goth fluff, is actually a workhorse reading deck. I was surprised at how well it reads! And it is quite beautiful, too. A lovely, dark brooding quality about it that is perfect for Halloween.

For me, all five of these are great decks. I'm glad I have all of them! :party:

ladybird

Tarot of the Witches (oldie but goodie)
Silent Tarot
Deviant Moon
Zombie Tarot (it does seem clean looking but there will be zombie costumes with all the <3)
Gyspy Lenormand (Bruno Bieri)
Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards

Looking forward to busting these out.

I LOL'd at your comment, DaisyDragonfly "My CBD TdM. Nothing spoooookier than a spot-on accurate deck." :D

greatdane

For Samhain/Halloween 2013!

Decks have come out since this was started, soooo.....

This year, I will be reading with the Samhain Deck of the Bastard. I don't know if it falls it with most peeps idea of spooky, but it DEFINITELY feels Samhain to me! I will also pull out the Bohemian Gothic, maybe the Visconti Sforza. And for Lenormand readings, Mysteries of the Old Castle for something a little darker.