Samhain Spread

tabi

I was looking for a spread that was for Samhain and while there are several very cute and useful Halloween/"Samhain" spreads. They really wasn't what I was thinking of.

Samhain is the Pagan's end of year, it is a time to reflect on those who have past but also on the coming year and the promise of what it brings. While I love Halloween, the spreads were a bit too cute for this Greater Sabbath for me.

So I made my own: :p

[size=+2]Samhain Spread:[/size] (Celt Paganism)

1) Harvest: What are you thankful for?
2) Night: What is beginning for you?
3) Bonfire: What lights your parth to it?
4) Sarficed: What must you give up in order to move forward?
5) Ashes: What covers/protects you? (lays top of card three-like CC)*
6) Ancestors: The spirits that guide you on this journey? (optional: one to three cards)

1......3/5........4
(7)......6.......(8)​

Please feel free to adjust or move as you see fit. This is just how mine happened to be. I hope you enjoy using it,

tabi

*I use put the top left corner (card 5) on top of the bottom right corner (card 3), this will allow for Rx but also makes it simply easier to actually see all of the cards at one time.

SaintOfScreams

OK Miss "too cute." I gave your spread a swing!:p

It was very accurate, I do enjoy it!

le fey

tabi, I've been looking for a spread on the less cute side, too - this looks perfect! I can't wait to try it out - thanks for sharing!

silverwings94

Tabi,
Thank you for posting this beautiful Samhain Spread. Its perfect.
I will be using the BBC deck for it and possibly my Glastonbury .Will let you know what I get.
Happy Samhain,
Blessed Be,
Silverwings94

Merenwen

This was nice. I haven't really finished interpreting it, but the spread worked beautifully. Although I did swap 4 and 5 over in position, just felt better for me personally.

shiresun

tabi said:
I was looking for a spread that was for Samhain and while there are several very cute and useful Halloween/"Samhain" spreads. They really wasn't what I was thinking of.

Samhain is the Pagan's end of year, it is a time to reflect on those who have past but also on the coming year and the promise of what it brings. While I love Halloween, the spreads were a bit too cute for this Greater Sabbath for me.

So I made my own: :p

[size=+2]Samhain Spread:[/size] (Celt Paganism)

1) Harvest: What are you thankful for?
2) Night: What is beginning for you?
3) Bonfire: What lights your parth to it?
4) Sarficed: What must you give up in order to move forward?
5) Ashes: What covers/protects you? (lays top of card three-like CC)*
6) Ancestors: The spirits that guide you on this journey? (optional: one to three cards)

1......3/5........4
(7)......6.......(8)​

Please feel free to adjust or move as you see fit. This is just how mine happened to be. I hope you enjoy using it,

tabi

*I use put the top left corner (card 5) on top of the bottom right corner (card 3), this will allow for Rx but also makes it simply easier to actually see all of the cards at one time.

Tabi, I like the look of this spread, and will try it tonight.
The reading came out really interesting!

Thank you,

Shire

NikkiB

oh I like this one to !! thanks for posting it will have a go!

Fleo Brianson

Worked wonderfully! Thank you so much!

Winterlady

Tabi -

I was wondering if you could go further a bit and explain the design of the layout? I'm curious about the order of the cards.

I'm looking forward to trying this one out. :)