Got the Sakki-Sakki tarot!!

ferrous

Sakki-Sakki review ..

For those who are interested, I've done a review on the Sakki-Sakki. It's up at AT here. :)

Asher

Just got here

It's my last day of summer break (school starts tomorrow) and I got this absolutely delightful, summery-looking deck!

Bright colors and shapes, astrological and Kabbalistic symbolism, and a _signed and numbered_ deck as well!

Get this one, folks! Great for the beach, the park, the office...just plain fun!

Asher

Sulis

Great review Ferrous - I'm curious about this deck - I really like the colours and the artwork is so different.

Love

Sulis xx

M-Press

I must say, that the fact the ferrous "just did" a review was one of the greatest and most flattering moments for me!!! (I thanked her privately...)
I was thinking of the review yesterday all day, thinking that I need to make sure I have enough mascara for the dragon's eyelashes!!!
I know this sounds a bit...hm...well...but, it's true! I sort of got these very amusing thoughs, just because someone looked at something i did, and had a say on it. It then became "art" for me too, meaning the part where the viewer has a say too (I mean, I became a viewer instead of the maker).
Well, Mercury is retro, i've been trying to make sense all day, but hardly...

Today I went to a store that sells funky , yummy stuff, like little colorful bags and purses, and jewelery and funky games, and kitchen Alessi utensils, and that sort of stuff, and they took my deck too! This is JUST what I was hoping for! Not just New Age stores...
This might sound "out of thread", but it has to do with Sulis italic comment "different" ;). This deck falls "in between" and who knows what fate it will have like that...! I'm becoming the viewer again, seeing someone for the first time, each card and all. Otherwise, it just doesn't work!

and Asher- I hope this deck will also warm you in the cold, snowy days of winter, and that it will look fabulus under fire-light! ;)

Sulis

I've decided I really like this deck. It's at the top of my wish list - I like decks that are easy to read intuitively and that are similar to RWS but that have enough differences to make them interesting - I think that's why I love the World Spirit so much - this deck seems to fit the bill.

Just got to make some cash now :)

Love

Sulis xx

ferrous

Sulis said:
I've decided I really like this deck. It's at the top of my wish list [.. snip]
Just got to make some cash now :)
Go make that cash, Sulis! It's worth it. I used fantastic plastic for mine & am still earning the money to make the payment, but I'm so glad I got this deck. Everything about it is wonderful. :)

Thanks for the feedback about the review, too. I really enjoyed writing it. :)

ferrous

M-Press said:
I must say, that the fact the ferrous "just did" a review was one of the greatest and most flattering moments for me!!! (I thanked her privately...)
I was thinking of the review yesterday all day, thinking that I need to make sure I have enough mascara for the dragon's eyelashes!!!
rotfl!! :D Everyone's going to be looking at the dragons' eyelashes now. *chuckle*
M-Press said:
Today I went to a store that sells funky , yummy stuff, like little colorful bags and purses, and jewelery and funky games, and kitchen Alessi utensils, and that sort of stuff, and they took my deck too! This is JUST what I was hoping for! Not just New Age stores...
Oh, I *love* those sort of shops! I have to avoid them, or I stay in there all day lusting after all the cool (expensive) things in there.

That's very cool that they took the Sakki-Sakki Tarot. You're so right that it belongs in a shop like that. I know of a shop in Brisbane city that sells that sort of thing. They should have the deck, too.

baba-prague

Er, not sure about the etiquette of mentioning other forums here, but just wanted to say - HEY - have you seen the rave review by Mary Greer of the Sakki-Sakki!?

Richly deserved, very nice to read this!

I think all the things Mary says about the gorgeousness of the colours is just spot on -and she expresses it far better than I could.

Well done M-Press and the Sakki-Sakki!

M-Press

HAVE I SEEN???

he..he....
last night I went to sleep, and this morning I wake up to a new reality!!! I was so thankful to the two Angels that sent me the news (one for each forum it was posted).
And there was another review of the deck, by Bonnie Chehovet, it's also on AT now, where the samples of Sakki-Sakki are...

I must say this:
I feel as if this has nothing to do with me!
Not that I'm not pleased or anything, but I feel like the executive secretary who deals with the press releases and with online billing problems and such.
i think it's this power that creation has, there are all these stages of involvement, overwhealm, dreaming, wishing, sweating, finishing, redoing, loving it, hating it, doubting it, denying it...

The nicest thing about reviews is (besides what it does to the advertising or the popularity of a deck), well, it is the new relationship that it builds up with the creator. These reviews, make me see the deck with new eyes.

ferrous mentioned my dragon's eyelashes (!!!!!), and now I give the deck funny looks (with a slant...), Bonnie said something about "The Sakki-Sakki Tarot is a non-traditional deck that follows very traditional lines. " (which totally hit me as the summary of my self), and Mary just told me i have pea green in the deck, and that the no-head characters seem to goof around... and that my Devil is ecstatic!

NOW, no wonder.... is this MINE, or what? I just feel as If it's me who got a new deck in the mail!!!!

Thanks so much to everyone HERE, there and everywhere!

Maan

I'm really falling in love with this deck. The colours..the weirdness the insightfullness

From now on i'm saving all my pennies for this baby!

Love
Maan