The Biblical Wisdom Oracle Deck

danielnogo

Hey everyone, I recently got inspired to veer off of the lenormand road for a bit and make a new oracle, based off of one of the most polarizing aspects of my life, The Bible. I grew up in a very fundamentalist christian cult, and the bible was literally drilled into my head on a daily basis. It took a long time for me to stop being bitter and realize that it wasnt the bibles fault that people took these beautiful stories literally and used them to hurt people. The bible has some amazing, beautiful, dramatic, and at times shocking stories, and I think there is alot of wisdom there for people that will look beneath the surface.

This deck is going to focus on the best heroes in the bible, that did what they thought was right against all odds and changed the world with one simple action. Here's the first card I've made, would love to get some opinions, the design is FAR from finalized, I'm kinda just experimenting to see what looks the best. What do you think?

tBbXBxo.jpg

jillkite

Looks great, the art is very in keeping with your theme. Its a very interesting concept & I would like to get a copy of this deck when it's completed. Wishing you all the best with your very original project.

danielnogo

Looks great, the art is very in keeping with your theme. Its a very interesting concept & I would like to get a copy of this deck when it's completed. Wishing you all the best with your very original project.
Hey thanks! I am looking forward to finishing this oracle and hopefully getting it published, this is my second deck I'll be doing, then for my third I hope to do a full blown tarot, but I figure this is a decent stepping stone. I hadn't seen a oracle based on the bible before, I mean of course there are tons of angel decks, but not deks that specifically take from the bible, maybe people are scared of being accused of sacrilege or something? I'll make sure to keep this thread updated on the progress of the deck!

reall

OMG! this is most beautiful illustrated card I ever seen for this kind of theme!^^;)))
good job daniel!^^ I already see it as deck you turn for advice and guidance!^^ ;)))
hope it brings you peace love and tolerance!^^ :)))

danielnogo

OMG! this is most beautiful illustrated card I ever seen for this kind of theme!^^;)))
good job daniel!^^ I already see it as deck you turn for advice and guidance!^^ ;)))
hope it brings you peace love and tolerance!^^ :)))

Thanks! Even though I can draw and do art, I do have to confess these are not my original pictures, they are public domain paintings I found from a long time ago, I hope I can do them justice!

Here's another card:

NaeJOA1.jpg

reall

beautiful!^^ you have a good eye!^^ ;)) imo if its public domain then there should be no prob!^^ ;))) and it's good for more people to see such a beautiful artwork!^^ ;)))
and with a good companion book of verses this could be easy one of best themed oracles ever!^^ and finaly take DV out of throne!^^ LOLZ ;)))

danielnogo

beautiful!^^ you have a good eye!^^ ;)) imo if its public domain then there should be no prob!^^ ;))) and it's good for more people to see such a beautiful artwork!^^ ;)))
and with a good companion book of verses this could be easy one of best themed oracles ever!^^ and finaly take DV out of throne!^^ LOLZ ;)))
Yeah the public domain images are no longer copyrighted so my intention is to breathe new life into these beautiful illustrations so that a whole new generation can appreciate them. I think I will end up writing the book, I am somewhat of a bible scholar if I do say so myself, I know the book like the back of my hand and have read through it several times, studying the greek and hebrew and looking into the deeper meanings. I am not a bible literalist thats for sure, I think that is extremely dangerous, but I think the bible if viewed symbolically has alot of wisdom to offer! I do hope to knock DV off of her pedestal lol. I like some of her decks but she has gotten so greedy and just churns out the same decks over and over again with slightly different meanings, it's getting rediculous, and I hate how she wants to hide any negativity in tarot, as if life is always butterflies and sunshine. It's a shame because the card quality is excellent and the books are always well written. Alot of people hate the archangel power tarot but I actually really like it!

danielnogo

Here's a new card:

zGDD1rA.jpg

reall

Like idea and approach!^^ know what you mean!^^ ;)) imo we should always embrace whatever we have and accept it and from that point on we can make it better!^^ ;)))
like d.v. idea but cards are often omg! disaster! Facepalm x,X
and this is the first time I like religious themed deck design and style from the start!^^
and im sure your book will be right on the spot!^^ with stories quotes and verses!^^
new card beautiful!^^ ;)))

p.s im start saving for this deck!^^ facepalm lolz ;)))

danielnogo

Like idea and approach!^^ know what you mean!^^ ;)) imo we should always embrace whatever we have and accept it and from that point on we can make it better!^^ ;)))
like d.v. idea but cards are often omg! disaster! Facepalm x,X
and this is the first time I like religious themed deck design and style from the start!^^
and im sure your book will be right on the spot!^^ with stories quotes and verses!^^
new card beautiful!^^ ;)))

p.s im start saving for this deck!^^ facepalm lolz ;)))
Lol thanks for being so supportive reall! I'm glad you like the deck!
As soon as I know how much it will cost I'll let you know...
Here's another card:

JJmKhMu.jpg