"New Deck Interview" Spread

FLizarraga

Hi, FireRaven,

Just wanted to let you know that --like many others-- I have greatly benefitted from your New Deck Interview Spread. I have had the wildest experiences with it --some of which are posted around here. It never fails to dazzle!

Best wishes and bluest skies,

F

angeltreats

I just tried this spread for the first time with my new deck, 2nd ed Victorian Romantic. The reading it gave me was absolutely wonderful and totally clear, thank you so much FireRaven. I'm going to interview my other newer decks too when I have a chance and see what they tell me.

Chimera Dust

I've been putting off doing this spread with a new deck... and now it was bumped to the top of the spreads subforum, like a reminder that I should stop procrastinating!

By the way, I've tried this before with most of my decks, and I can say I really like it and works really well. It's also easy to adjust to any specific questions or concerns you might have, which can be helpful too.

Labhraín

Using this spread for the first time with The Sacred Circle Tarot

I just did this spread with The Sacred Circle Tarot, which is the deck I am working with using Kim Huggens' book, "Tarot 101" (since I feel I don't know this deck well, even though I use it), and I think that this deck is....snarky! :) I got the impression that this deck will be a rock solid support for me and has a no-nonsense personality, very serious - with a dash or snarkiness! Go figure! :)

Labhraín

Prior perceptions and post-interview perceptions

I have a question for everyone: did what the deck say to you in your interview reading match your perceptions of the deck prior to the reading? For me, it is a definite yes.

EmpressSha

I have a question for everyone: did what the deck say to you in your interview reading match your perceptions of the deck prior to the reading? For me, it is a definite yes.

It certainly did, very impressive! I used it for the Thoth and the first card was the Devil (lol!) an ode to its creator I would imagine? Said the Thoth deck would make me some money ;)

Also used it for the Ancestral Path and got very beautiful gentle cards :)

A wonderful spread!

thoughtprism

Aha! Yes! Thank you people who bumped this, I've been looking for this thread. There was one more that was similar. I use both combined to interrogate my decks. I've found it very useful and consistent with prior experience with them. I no longer have to guess which deck to use for a certain purpose, they can tell me what they are best at. I've used it with two tarot and two oracle decks so far, and will get around to using it on my others eventually.

JohnyCake

I would have to say yes and no! The reason is that in the way I have gone about learning Tarot, I utilize 2 decks personally. They are the steampunk tarot and the wild unknown tarot. Before I even bought them, I felt an immediate connection with the wild unknown deck. But, once I received them both I seemed to be connecting on a deeper level with the steampunk so I used that deck primarily for a while, but I always used the wild unknown deck as well. Then, when I discovered this spread and decided to use it since I hadn't had either deck for more than a few weeks, I realized the true nature of my decks.

The steampunk told me that she was there more for major, intense situations in which I really need a lot of guidance and feel lost. The Wild unknown told me that she was going to be there for me like a best friend. That deck let me know that its going to be with me through thick and thin, and that it will guide me throughout my daily life with advice and give me kicks in the butt whenever I need them.

Now we are inseparable and I couldn't get clearer messages from both decks :)

Alkonost

For me, yes, at least for the decks that I had an impression of to begin with. There are two decks though that I have struggled with- the Wildwood Tarot, and Les Cartes Infernales (The Daemon Tarot) Which is really not a tarot, but something else...not really an oracle either, I don't know. While I mostly got confirmation of what I knew about my two more well-known decks (Vertigo, and Shadowscape).

I got BLOWN AWAY by les cartes infernales. A personality came through (and a spirit) that I was not expecting, and actually had me laughing out loud. It was a great way to finally get a grasp of Wildwood, too. Basically, Wildwood told me to throw away ritual when using it, and no need to stick to spreads all the time.

This spread was so incredibly helpful. I'll be using it for a long time.

Smiling

I just picked up a Wildwood deck, and am looking forward to using this spread for my first reading. Thanks for posting this! :laugh: