"New Deck Interview" Spread

Shages

Jusd did this spread eith my Robin Woods deck ang got a bit of a laugh. In the third position, what are your drawbacks, i got Judgement. My interpertation: it hads nothing to hide. For those who never seen the Robin Wood deck, Judgement features as naked woman. I was in public at the time with kids around, so i had to cover Judgement up.

Tathome

I might be a bit late.... But I have a question.

I just discovered this spread. I have had a certain deck for a few months, and I've been using it often, but I was wondering if you think that I could still use this spread? I don't know much about the deck, so I think it would be very beneficial.

Hemera

Yes of course you can. I have used this spread for decks that I have not used in a while even though I´ve had the deck for some years. And especially if you think this is beneficial it is certainly a good idea to try it.

ETA: Welcome to AT :)

dancing_moon

I agree with Hemera. I have used this spread for decks I've had and actively used for several years, with great results. In fact, I've found that it's difficult-ish to use for totally new decks when you're not familiar with the deck's system yet.

Jagdamba

Said the Thoth deck would make me some money ;)

Well I never, that's just what the Thoth told me too! I interviewed a few decks & found the different responses very illuminating....maybe an old thread but I'm glad its been revived!

I also asked each deck: my strength, my weakness & what I most need to learn.

lillywood

Thank you so much for this spread! I also used it for a deck I've had for a while, and I felt like I got a lot closer to it through the process.

My Dreaming Way deck has a nice bit of pride or youthful arrogance, which kind of comes with the chic fashion in the cards. A very warm, accepting, and pragmatic deck. It wants to be there for me in times of growth, to help lead me through that. The card it chose to introduce itself was Strength, which I felt contributed to this feeling of 'pride'.

I got a definite sense of a female spirit. And that she doesn't want to be used for 'skeevy purposes'. No trying to foretell booty calls, etc. :'D

I was also nervous about bringing the deck home, since my mom is very anti-tarot, and once made me rip up a deck and throw it out. But the outcome card for the interview was the 10 of Swords, and a message that the deck was okay with being destroyed if it meant it could be of use for longer. I got the feeling that was a worst case scenario, and if it didn't happen, the relationship would grow stronger.

Du Yen

I got a nice one

I have just done the interview with my deck. It's a nice one. He is a calm and quiet soul, I may say, and he is here to teach me about strength (yes, the 4th card was The Strength). Outcome of our working relationship? The Temperance.

Isn't it beautiful? ^^

Thank you for the spread.

ranetree

Just tried this with my new deck, which also happens to be my first.

Card #1 was The Devil.

I'd caught flashes of attitude before now, but this basically seals it, I think. I appear to have a genuine smartass on my hands.

Still nowhere near far enough in my studies to get a good intepretation of my spread yet, but I'll just put it down here for future reference.

1. The Devil
2. Ace of Pentacles
3. Knight of Swords reversed
4. Nine of Cups
5. The Lovers
6. Five of Wands reversed

Hemera

moderator note

Just as a general reminder to everyone. :angel:
There are some older threads (like this one) that were started way back when readings were sometimes posted in this sub forum as well. These days AT forum is so vast that we simply have to keep the readings separate from the spreads.
Please take a look at our Tarot Spreads Posting Rules.

In some of the older threads (like this one) you are allowed to briefly mention the card(s) you got but if you want to do a reading and especially if you wish to have people commenting on your cards then it should go to Your Readings. (You can link the reading to this thread if you like.)

Katniss

Just as a general reminder to everyone. :angel:
There are some older threads (like this one) that were started way back when readings were sometimes posted in this sub forum as well. These days AT forum is so vast that we simply have to keep the readings separate from the spreads.
Please take a look at our Tarot Spreads Posting Rules.

In some of the older threads (like this one) you are allowed to briefly mention the card(s) you got but if you want to do a reading and especially if you wish to have people commenting on your cards then it should go to Your Readings. (You can link the reading to this thread if you like.)

Thx for this reminder, i'm about to do a deck interview + would have made the mistake of posting my reading here... i went + checked your links. :)