"New Deck Interview" Spread

Hemera

Thx for this reminder, i'm about to do a deck interview + would have made the mistake of posting my reading here... i went + checked your links. :)
Yessss :party: Excellent, thank you! :p

Aeon.of.Horus

I just got the Tarot of Transformation in the mail yesterday...fascinating cards, btw...and came up with this "interview" to get to know it. My thanks to Tor, Wavebreaker, and Wisp Wings whose own "new deck" spreads in this topic forum inspired me.

Here it is:

****** 5 ****** 6 ******
********** 4 **********
****** 3 ****** 2 ******
********** 1 **********

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

Now...don't you wish the cards could answer these questions in plain English instead of in pictures? Nevertheless, something tells me that I'm gonna start interviewing all of my decks! :D

-FireRaven

Brilliant!!!

I am on it :)

Aeon

Falcor

Have tried it with all of my decks

The Power of runes deck is giving me an intimate feeling of protectiveness and friendship.

The Herbal tarot deck is appears to be a very strict, even blunt mentor that looks at me from above.

My newest one, the Messenger oracle deck is taking very seriously the matter of being my spiritual guide through this life.

opaqued

Oh boy, I am playing around with my new deck and I just got this:

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
Queen of Pentacles
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
Knight of Pentacles
3. What are your limits as a deck?
Six of Cups
4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
The Devil (now that's spooky! I took out another card to clarify and got Ace of Pentacles)
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
Wheel of Fortune
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
Strength

I would appreciate any insight on this, especially The Devil part, which is really troubling me so much because that freaking card is chasing me, I swear!

Hemera

Moderator Note

Please do remember what I posted in #119. All readings go to Your Readings sub forum. Thank you.
Just as a general reminder to everyone. :angel:
There are some older threads (like this one) that were started way back when readings were sometimes posted in this sub forum as well. These days AT forum is so vast that we simply have to keep the readings separate from the spreads.
Please take a look at our Tarot Spreads Posting Rules.

In some of the older threads (like this one) you are allowed to briefly mention the card(s) you got but if you want to do a reading and especially if you wish to have people commenting on your cards then it should go to Your Readings. (You can link the reading to this thread if you like.)

Vixxia

I utterly love this spread. I've used it for all of my decks bar one that I haven't got round to doing yet, and as I haven't picked up my cards in a while or used some of my decks for years I'm going to interview them again using this spread. I've had a go with a couple of the other deck-interview spreads on AT, but for me FireRaven's is the best one out there - it asks all the questions I want and I've had really good results from using it.

rwcarter

I utterly love this spread. I've used it for all of my decks bar one that I haven't got round to doing yet, and as I haven't picked up my cards in a while or used some of my decks for years I'm going to interview them again using this spread. I've had a go with a couple of the other deck-interview spreads on AT, but for me FireRaven's is the best one out there - it asks all the questions I want and I've had really good results from using it.

I wholeheartedly concur! Thanks FireRaven for such a wonderful spread!