"New Deck Interview" Spread

Karen48

Thanks for sharing a great spread FireRaven.

I've just used it on my Victorian Romantic deck and fallen even more in love with it! And I didn't think that could be possible.

Thank you again,

Kx

Willow Huntermoon

This worked well, Thank You FireRaven.
I used this on my newest deck the Guilded Tarot. We got to know each other very well.

Great way to open communication with your deck, creating stronger bonds.

Thanks!

harmony1985

Thank you for that spread, Ive only had my universal waite deck for around a fortnight now but im learning so im using it all the time and this spread was just what the doctor ordered and it couldnt spell it out any clearer!!

corrielle

I just used this spread with a new the new Crystal Tarot deck I got today. It's only the second deck I've owned, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I've only ever read with one. This was a great spread, and helped me to see how my new deck might have a different purpose, a different feel. (I think from the reading I got that it's going to be a very mind/intellect oriented, logical deck, and I NEED that sometimes.) Thanks for sharing it.

Astraea Aurora

Thanks for bringing this spread back to my attention. I wrote it down in my spread journal several years ago (I guess when FireRaven first posted it or a little later than that) and completely forgot about it. Need to write it down in the back of my journal where all the other good spreads are that I use regularly. :D

I have used it with several decks and today with Connolly, I got a very enlightening reading that makes absolute sense.

Thanks for posting it FireRaven!

Astraea Aurora :grin:

rwcarter

This is easily my favorite deck interview spread. I posted the reading I did with the Legacy of the Divine Tarot in the Your Readings forum yesterday.

Rodney

rwcarter

This reading made me realize that this spread isn't just for "new" decks. One could interview their deck every quarter or so as a check-in. As one uses and gets to know a particular deck, one's relationship with it can change. So using this interview spread as a check-in can be a way of verifying whether reader and deck are still on the same page.

Rodney

cSpaceDiva

Nice spread

I used this with a couple of new decks, and it really brought out the different "personalities" of the decks. Just a like a real interview, I felt that one of them was embellishing a bit, giving all the right answers. Tell me about yourself/what is your most important characteristic--XXI The World. Uh huh.

Chiska

Thank you to FireRaven for sharing this spread!
I moved the reading to the appropriate folder. This was just great, and I wanted to say thanks!

Chiska

HoneyBea

FireRaven I came across your spread on a blog that I was reading and was so impressed with it. I like you think I will have to interview a few of my decks too! Great job thank you for sharing.