"New Deck Interview" Spread

tarotlaura

I remember doing this spread when I first got my Fenestra deck but I had never tried it with my Deviant Moon. I have to say that the results were very insightful and full of great advise. Since I have been using my Fenestra for a while now I will have to do it again and see how my relaltionship with that deck has changed.

Ana's Song

I've just tried out your spread with my trusty old RWS - it's a rather neglected one despite being about five to seven years old and the results were interesting to say the least. Have a look at this thread in the Your Readings section. Thanks FireRaven for such a fun and insightful spread, I will certainly use it as the first reading for any new decks I get in the future.

Winterlady

Huh...

I flipped this spread around a bit, keeping the questions the same, but making the pattern an upright pentacle shape.

****1****
**4***3**
****6****
**2***5**

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

The first spread was with a new deck that was gifted to me. It's not quite my style of deck, and the reading was off. Then I tried with the new version of the Tarot of Dreams deck (my most often used one is the special edition larger sized cards) and the reading with much like I'm used to. Straight forward, a bit playful and yet enlightening and fun. Thank you, FireRaven for the interview idea spread... this is a great way to get introduced to a new deck.

Liam

First of all, thank you FireRaven for this spread, it's incredibly useful.

I only have one tarot deck so far, and it's not one that I have any particular connection with, the Tarot Nova. I used this spread last night after cleansing my deck and trying to balance the energy between my deck and myself and I got a strange reading, seen here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2378221#post2378221

Thanks again for a very insightful spread,
Much L&L,
Liam

Angii..Kyanite

I know I'm a bit lit in the game for replying to this post, but I just saw it and I thought it was a great idea! I just got a new Princesses of Tarot deck last week.

However 4 of the 6 cards were reversed in this spread...and my card in the 6th position was the 2 of cups Reversed... Almost like it's trying to tell me we aren't going to like eachother..

I found it strange as well that the 2nd position was The World reversed..

I hope my deck likes me, but right now I'm thinking it doesn't. I however, very much like my deck. It caught my eye right away.

MissJo

Awww, I'm very pleased with my results with this spread! And the results I got, I have such a great deck :'D<3

Angii..Kyanite

Just an update: I cleansed my cards..spent some time shuffling them and such. And I re-did the interview..this time it was a success! All the cards were very good! Thank you so much for this spread!

LadyLove

This spread is great! I had so much fun interviewing my Shadowscapes deck. <333 Thanks for posting this!

DarkContraband

Yay!

Had AMAZING results with this spread! Thank you so much FireRaven for this insightful piece of work <3

Anyone who wants to look over my reading can see it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=152405.
Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

LeRoy3

I just used this spread on a new deck I had recieved today and it worked perfectly! Thanks alot! :D