Circle For Unorthodox Readers

celticnoodle

Empath you don't need glasses:D But true, a good magnifying glass or scan of your cards would do the trick;) LOL!
Well, I know I DO!!!! :p I am well over do for an eye exam and I know when I finally get in there, the eye doctor is going to scold me. My eyes are so bad, I'm suppose to go every year now, :rolleyes: and each time I go, my prescription gets just a little bit stronger. :(

The monkey actually holds an orange. ;)
WOO HOO!!! At least I got THAT part right! :p and to be 'careful', I just said 'bird'. :p

Hi everyone :),
i'm new, and i've just been registered to this circle. i look foreward to study with you all! i just got my first lenormand (the mystical) a few days ago, so i'm a complete beginner;)
i'll try to do my best this upcoming round:p.
welcome Sakura! this thread is very friendly and fun. low key, no stress and you are sure to learn a lot here. I'm just starting to tackle learning the Lenormand, though I have quite a few different Lenormand decks. I am also using the Mystical Lenormand for this thread.

Well, I DO need to get my butt out for glasses for distance. Crazy. But I think a magnifying glass would help with my study! LOL Cardinal and ball of yarn;)
You and me both! I do have a magnifying glass, as I keep one in our desk--so I'll have to bring that out too. Didn't even think of that, good idea, LZ! :D

celticnoodle

Not many symbols but so much to say about that Snake! So here it is:

7 - The Snake

Energy of the card:
I felt a very strong energy piercing me like knives, an heavy feeling in my throat chakra (same I feel when someone is trying to cheat me, to lie to me or about me), I felt like if I was chocking, like if I could not breathe easily, like when I am overstressed, I felt also an heaviness in my chest, with accelerated heart beats. I don’t know about you Empath, but this card felt not good at all and greatly disturbed me.
:eek: wow!

Symbolism

A rocky island:

This island looks like a little fortified kingdom (especially with the snake wearing a crown), it is made out of cliffs visibly all around even if we don’t see it all, and you expect this to be true. There is really no easy access to this island, no beach, to land nicely…the only thing I thought of is that you better stay away from it, because the only thing that must happen in its vicinity would be to be shipwreck against the cliff and not have any way to reach dry land! Without climbing equipment and skills there is nothing you can do but drown. Also, the currents seem strong around the island which reinforces the idea of being drawn to a crash. What I don’t like is the treachery of this island, from afar if you don’t pay attention to the cliff or if you think that “there must be a beach on the other side…” it could be attractive with that green grass on the top…it looks like the “icing on a cake” makes it look good and appealing but it is not the assurance that the cake is actually as delicious as it looks! Deceiving appearances is what comes to my mind.
very good thought about the 'fortified kingdom'! After reading this, I can attribute this card to describe a woman I know, who is snake like. You do NOT want to cross her and you also do not want to trust her. sad to say. but, I've also noticed that 9x out of 10, she is most lethal on her 'own' ground and therefore rarely will venture out to others homes. I came to this conclusion awhile back, when she caused some major trouble, and reading your thoughts of the fortified kingdom, it hit me again, 'OMG, its JUST LIKE 'C'!" :p Now, I think when I do see this card, I won't be able to help but to see her.

The ocean:

Water again in that card and troubled waters with probably lots of currents…makes me think of the feeling I had when sensing the energy of this card, disturbed emotions, stress, anxieties, worries…

Sun and Moon:

They are placed on each side of the snake and it makes me think that they represent “night and day” Like this snake is at it “day in day out” it won’t give you a rest. It will work at its schemes diligently and without ceasing until it accomplishes what it has in mind. Also that it doesn’t matter to it how long it would take, a full cycle, more cycles, doesn’t matter it will get you by wearing you down.
OMG, again, like the "C" I know.
And I think it says that it won’t let you breathe (like the feeling I had), it will harass you night and day, until you are so tired that you would fall in the trap. It disturbs you all day long and you can’t even recuperate, neither gather your strength at night to be able to brace another blow during the day. It makes me think also about another part of this snake’s strategy, it will succeed to fool you in “broad daylight” like these people who succeed to lie to you with a big smile, looking at you straight in the eyes, they sounds so truthful and trustworthy (sun/day)and are so skilled at it that most people don’t have a clue about it unless they hear the warning of their spirit….and this snake will also use hidden ways (moon/night), backstabbing you, plotting carefully without you noticing anything, keeping you in the “dark”.
wow!

The Snake with his crown and golden egg:

So here is the “villain”! It is not a specie that I recognize but I believe this is not important; for sure it is a poisonous snake because of the shape the artist has given to its head. Thus, that snake as nothing but evil intentions and is ready to put them in actions! Its thought life is as poisonous as its words. Look how it stands in the position to stab you….It wears a crown and I believe it feels confident and unchallengeable ruler of its little kingdom. It can scheme as much as it wants; it feels secure on its island no one is going to succeed to get it to make it pay for its crimes! It has no ethics, no shame and not one ounce of remorse, guilt, or troubled conscience. “The end justifies the means” that must be its motto! It is crafty, a con artist; it speaks with its “forked tongue”! It has words that cut life knives… Badmouthing, slandering, being such a skilled liar that its words sound like truth! It has the power to “hypnotize” you, to confuse you, seduce you, to trick you ever more so. It will try to influence you to be as bad as it is, suggesting the wrong kind of things, making the bad look good and the good look bad, to spoil your good habits, destroy any righteous value in your life, its advices will get you in trouble…. If you cross it, its vengeance will be dreadful.
It won’t back up from anything, won’t be bothered to stoop down low, if that can help it reach its goal. It will stab you in the back, walk over you if need be…It holds its golden egg close against its body, it has made its fortune out of crushing others under, of deceiving, backstabbing, others, etc…Also, it keeps its big golden well visible like if it wants to tempt you with it, like if it is a prop for a trap and once you come closer to try to get it, it strikes at you!
I’m not sure if we can view the positive side of this symbol within this card. So the “healing” symbolism found as an emblem for pharmacist, for medicine, and being shown in the Bible, when God tells Moses to make a bronze snake and that anyone who would look up to it would be healed. The creativity and fertility, the transformation, death and rebirth meaning (like in the Tarot), flexibility (there are a lot of snakes where I live and many time they succeed to survive because of the flexibility of their body, people would run over them and they would be able to remain alive! They can squeeze themselves in tiny space). The fact that snakes are useful to keep the rodent population under control; its spiritual and divine connotation like the principal of the feminine spiritual energy, and the symbol of the Goddess…I guess they would not apply here or maybe just in some degrees if surrounded by positive cards???

Zodiac sign: Scorpio (Right upper corner)

This will more apply to a positive side of the snake than the negative…so I don’t know maybe it is a reminder again by the artist that nothing is ever black or white, that even “negative cards” are not 100% negative….you can turn things around and can find a positive side in any situation; like just the fact that the Oracle has just opened your eyes and warned you about that “snake” so you can take action and it won’t bit you or if it does it won’t be as bad you’ll be able to work it out…
Scorpio denotes sensitivity, self-reliance, ability to adapt oneself, strong will power and setting up of goals…Tarot wise, it is linked to the Death card….

General meaning:

For me the keyword here is: Watch out!
agreed!

So be on your guard, hold on to what you know is true and right, be careful who you confide with, watch your back, weight your words (they could be turned against you), open your eyes, look pass the “golden” appearance…”not everything that shines is gold”, “if it is too good to be true, it’s because it is!”, “an apple candy looks good even when it has maggots in its core!”, hypocrisy, “2 face people”, dishonesty, do some soul searching what is wrong in your life, a “rocky” path, troubles, difficulties, deceptions, worries, heartaches, manipulations are ahead of you! Watch out where you are stepping, there are quicksand around you! You are on dangerous ground, remain on the alert…Malevolent person that is in your acquaintances or you’re about to meet.
I see this card as an alarm resounding, as a big red light flashing! It’s time to take cover, to look behind the veil, to brace yourself, put on the armor, pull out your sword, sleep with one eye open!
yes, when I think of the people I know who I'd call snakes--all that you have picked up on here & shared are 100% right on!

Health:

Watch out when picking out a restaurant, watch out that the food you plan to eat isn’t spoiled, food poisoning threat, virus threat, don’t expose yourself to disease, make sure what you touch is sanitary. You are at risk to deal with one of those tricky illnesses, which symptoms are deceiving, leading everyone on a wild goose chase, looks like a certain disease while being another. Get a second diagnostic, watch out which doctor you pick as he might be out to reap you off by making a mountain out of a molehill! Time to do a checkup, you might feel perfectly fine but there is something amiss inside of you, there is an inner problem that is not yet showing up but when it does it will be too late to deal with it the easy way…take care of it while it is in the “embryo” state. Sick holistic solution to your illness, search for “divine” healing…time to seek a “healer” instead of a conventional doctor.
good points!

Financial:

Rebalance your checkbook; watch out for debit card expenses that you didn’t write down….as you could end up with an overdraft! Watch out for schemes, for “get rich quick”, for con artist, for bad investments or bad financial advisors, crooks, don’t neglect to recount your change when the cashier hands it out to you! Make sure what you are about to buy is really a good deal. Watch out for junk made to look good with a very appealing price, it will not even be worth the price you paid. Don’t go for impulse buy, don’t fall into the temptation of tempering with good ethics to have what your wallet can’t afford, troubles that will result are not worth binding the law…Don’t cheat the IRS, you’ll be audited and they’ll find you out….don’t fall into greediness, don’t crush anyone to get more money, etc…

Love:

Watch out for articulated person, who are trying to hypnotize you with empty words, there is something wrong with the relationship you are in, your mate is lying to you, that person seems so charming but has only evil intentions, wants to take advantage of you, is playing with your feeling, abusing your love, treachery, adultery, manipulation, not there for who you are but for what you can give, say “I love you”, but stab you in the back each time the occasion rises, slanders you. False friend, deceitful relative, wicked person around you is about to cause you pain, etc….

Career:

Watch out for so called dream like job! You might get more than you bargain for, you are asked to compromise your ethics for the company you work for, or who is about to hire you. You are threatened to be fired unless you go along with a business scheme. You are asked to lie to customers, or other employees, or to forge, or use “off balance scales”, to cheat about the profit of the business you work for. Someone at work is slandering you, is ready to walk over you to get your position, is lying to get you fired, sexual harassment, you are underpaid for all that is demanded from you, etc…

Spiritual:

Watch out for cult leaders or recruiters, for spiritual crooks, “the robe doesn’t make the monk”, review what you believe, investigate who is your teacher, look for credentials before you drink the words of a so called spiritual leader, don’t be gullible, don’t believe or follow any spiritual belief or practices before checking on them, make sure it resonates with your spirit, spiritual teaching turning the wrong into right, the bad into good, look for the truth deep inside, listen to the voice of your conscience, stick to what you know deep inside is righteous, etc…
oooh! very good points here!!!

Timing:

I will say quickly, like a snake bite. Often times, you don’t have the time to react when a snake strikes! Suddenly comes to mind….If using the number on the card maybe 7 days? If using the zodiac sign on the card…October/November???

So that was my interpretation! Now, it's time to check what you found out ;)
very good points, LZ.

celticnoodle

THE SNAKE
mystical

I am guessing the most negative card of all in the deck. Deceit, lies, trickery and caution. Even the "sun" in the picture isn't bright. He is holding onto that egg - looks like it might be the spawn of something evil emerging. LOL possessiveness. Actually, since the snake is holding an egg...likely a female?? Maybe going back to Adam and Eve, where the snake represents the devil and Eve is the tempter? Seems like he/she is alone on an island - the crown- making himself King - it doesn't feel to me that anyone "crowned" him- he is giving himself the title of reigning.
yes, I'd hate to think of a worse card being in the deck that we just have not gotten to yet! :p

SNAKE: "To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality."
"Consequently, snakes span the symbolic bridge between lunar and solar associations as well as aspects between water and fire." - This could be why the sun is on one side, the moon on the other. (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/snake-symbolic-meaning.html)
The snake is a symbol of satan too.

CROWN:-The fact that the snake is wearing a crown reminds me of satan - the ruler of evil. I feel like the snake crowned him/herself. Power.
yes, crowning themselves so to feel powerful and give the idea to others that they ARE powerful. sort of hiding behind this crown because really, they are just jellyfish usually.

SUN/MOON:I think this represents the above quote - that the snake spans the bridge between lunar and solar associations. I think this might have to do with deceit. Showing one side (positive) but truly having a different quality or agenda (negative). ? "karmic balance" - walking the line between good an evil? Duality.

ISLAND: I think the fact that the snake is on an island further shows how powerful he/she feels they are. "It only takes one bad seed" comes to mind. Just one cane spread negativity- you do not need many. The snake feels so powerful that he/she feels they can do this on their own- crowned the king (self-proclaimed that is).

EGG In this case: Possessiveness. Protection over something that can be passed on as bad. This is how the negativity will be passed on - through its own.
you know, here with the possessiveness, again, when I think of the people I see as 'snakes', they all were quite possessive of something. very good!

So I don't plagiarize: ;)
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s3.htm

General meaning; Deceit, lies, trickery, caution. Possessiveness. Can be sexual in nature. Sinning and temptations. ? female. I'm wondering if the snake shedding its skin has any meaning here - renewal- the only positive think i can think of. Or it could mean disguise- and fall under trickery. False fronts. Seducer - seems so attractive on the outside (looks/personality- whatever) but on the inside not so- ulterior motives. be careful. Can mean protective. So there is a duality to this card also - with the protective part.
"Two-faced".
yes, I can see this too. in fact, again, the people I term as snakes, while they can be quite nasty to some, to others they seem overly protective. In fact, as I see it, the snakes I know generally tend to 'pick' on one--and the others, perhaps out of fear of the snake or perhaps because they 'seem' so powerful will follow suit. what do you think? do you see where perhaps they can pick on one till the one succumbs? or leaves, which then just fuels the snake even more on their power trip?

Sense of card: gloom and doom - solar plexus - listen to your gut comes to mind- don't get seduced - follow your own feelings.

Numerology/Astrology: 7 - Loners. Scorpio sign (stinging?)
yes, very good!

Finances: Deceitful ways of gaining money. stealing. embezzlement. Not reporting all to taxes. Or having to do with sexual ways to gain money- prostitution etc.

Career: Why is a lawyer coming to mind? LOL I have nothing against lawyers - but i just watched that movie "the Devil's Advocate". Defending someone you know is guilty. Illegal: Mafia, hitmen. Sexual: prostitution, strip club.
:p yes, but generally the lawyer you want on YOUR side, eh? :laugh: mafia is good too!

Love: seduction. Cheating. Lies - trying to get someone for sex and not love.
or perhaps money, using 'love' as the means??

Health: Someone faking an illness: For example the malingerer trying to get a windfall from an injury.

Spiritually: Someone walking the line - trying to figure out which route to taker. Between right and wrong. Duality- deceiving oneself. Feeling you are doing the right thing when you know deep down you aren't Judging others. Hypocrisy. Be aware of "false Gods". caution.

Timing: November for Scorpio. 7th month- July. Something quick - like 7 days.

great ideas!!!

Empath111

WOO HOO!!! At least I got THAT part right! :p and to be 'careful', I just said 'bird'. :p

LOL
SO true. I guess it could be worse...I could have said the monkey was giving "the bird". ;)

LadyZelda

First, thank you for all yours comments! It's always helpful to know what others think about your own study:) And thanks for your participation in our study!

Now, I'm gonna finally post my comments on your studies! Didn't even get to our 2 current cards....

So I'll start by CN:

Okay, this week is for the clouds and snake cards.

CLOUDS

So, looking at the cloud card, there is a dark black cloud on the left hand side of the card and a white puffy cloud on teh right, which seems to have a dragon inside of it. the black cloud on the left sort of looks like at the top a snake, I believe. Not sure if the creator meant for this to be, but to me, I can see the body and head of a snake at the top.

So, if I were to see this card show up in a reading, I'd say any card that was to the left of this card would mean some problems for the client. to the right of the cards, I'd see good things for the client--tying in with the cards that are laying to each of these sides.

Good approach!

Now, dragons are symbolic of good luck and protection. also a symbol of power and strength. So, perhaps, if and when it shows up in a reading, it should be read as overcoming a hardship.

There is also a small monkey holding a piece of fruit in his hand. Monkeys are symbolic of playfulness and fun. They are generally good natured animals with the intelligence of human children. They are much like children over all. The monkey is also very family oriented and exhibits a great show of caring to others.

The red bird on his head, I've no idea what type of bird it is, but all birds are said to have a connection to the heavens and the spirits. Being a red color, I'd also say this bird is symbolic of life and blood--perhaps family? it is a bold color, often depicting action and confidence. I recall when I was in HS, a teacher telling us when we go for a job interview, it is often advisable to wear red--as red is a powerful color indicating confidence and intelligence. I also recall buying a red suit, that seemed to be very good for me with my first few jobs! :D

Red can also depict aggression, and while the monkey and bird both look sweet and peaceful, they are sitting under the dark cloud...........

Good point! Deceiving appearances…

waters are all about emotions and the sand would symbolize changes in your attitude. I do know that I love to walk on the beach--in the sand, as it feels so warm and inviting and supportive. every step just feels good, so I'd say that sand also could be depicting support and warmth.

the beach on the ocean can indicate a transition and major changes happening in your life (per my dream site). and of course, the ocean is symbolic of a spiritual renewal, and of course emotions. Since the waters seems to be rather calm, it gives a feeling of calmness too.

Yep changes, transitions black cloud, white cloud…

the symbol in the right hand corner is related to Neptune. Neptune is supposedly symbolic of dreams and illusions and not paying much attention to reality. allowing oneself to give rather then receive or give more then one receives. lol--been there, done that--many times, I'm afraid!

GENERAL MEANING

so, as I mentioned already above, if I were to see this in a spread, I'd read the cards to the left of the card as troublesome and to the right as lucky and good. I'm generally use to reading anything falling to the left is the past and to the right is the future and not sure if this is used in Lenormand reading. If it could be then, anything to the left could indicate what the client is facing currently or in the past and to the right what the possible answer is to remedying the situation.

HEALTH

health wise, I'd have to rely on the cards to the left of this card as showing the illnesses that the client is facing or overcoming. To the right, the possible help for the client or perhaps how/who the client can overcome the health issues.

if this card shows up to the main significator card to the left, then healthwise it would seem to indicate concern or perhaps even someone who is a chronic complainer. to the right it would indicate not allowing the health issue to have an ill effect on the client.

FINANCIAL
again, with this card, it is really going to depend on the cards around it. this is definitely a card that cannot be easily read on its own accord. it must take into account the cards surrounding it. so, to the left is what is in jeopardy and to the right are the blessings to come financially, I think. the cards to the left may also indicate unwise and childish (because of the monkey) decisions made that they are paying for. this card itself generally depicts being overly generous to a fault, so to the left of a card, it could show to whom or for what the client is being too generous with, to the right, it would indicate what or whom is being overly generous to the client.

You pointed out a very interesting detail with the monkey side of the card speaking about immature way of handling finances.

LOVE
read w/the cards to the left, a love that is not wise for them, whether this be a partner and if w/the cards to the right, one that will pay off for them in some way--whether this is a long lasting love, speaking of possible marriage or at least one that will be forever memorable in a good way.

if this card shows up next to a love interest on its left it could indicate that the love interest is not in the clients best interest--that perhaps the client gives more then they receive and is being taken advantage of. To the right of a love interest card, the opposite--that their love is doting on them.

CAREER
the cards to the left, career choices that are being questioned or troublesome. the cards to the right of this card would indicate what the client should keep in mind or consider.

SPIRITUALITY
the cards to the left of the clouds would indicate to me some problems they are facing spiritually most likely and to the right of the clouds card would indicate a possible new path they are facing.

TIMINGwell now...for timing. I'd be inclined to say summer time, as the card feels so warm. And, knowing that the planet Neptune is slow moving, it would indicate something that will take awhile to complete. And, becausae the planet Neptune is the 8th planet from the sun, I'd keep in mind the number 8--8 days, 8 weeks, 8 mos.

I agree with your way of reading according to the side of the card; I believe it’s the way to go.

SNAKE
So now, the snake card shows a snake standing tall upon a rock w/some grass. on one side is the sun and the other is the moon. the snake wears a crown upon it's head and is wrapped around a golden egg. water is below it, but calm.

The snake has an evil look on it's face, so not to be trusted. the crown speaks of royal, so someone who is powerful and demanding. The sun is a sign of warmth and also of authority. it can symbolize hope and is a spiritual symbol. the moon is generally thought of as symbolizing mystery and often people look at it as a symbol of being fickle. it is thought to be in control of our emotions. a symbol of intuition and psychic abilities. the golden egg--financial rewards. water, symbolic of emotions and the color green for the grass on top of the rock--prosperity. the rock itself can be security or stability. a position of power, determination and stubborness.

GENERAL MEANING
it seems to me that this snake is sitting up high and perhaps is sitting pretty with the golden egg in it's possession. given that there is water beneath the rock, but the water is calm, it would give that this card depicts someone untrustworthy--and one who plays with emotions. the facial features gives the impression of meanness. I keep getting a feeling of 'the boss' so definitely this card gives a feeling of a bossy person--if NOT a boss at work or person in charge, one who likes to be in charge and undermines others if they are not so.

Indeed, meaness, bossy, playing with emotions, etc...you've got it to the point!

HEALTH
if this card appeared in a reading regarding health, I could see again where the client or person it reads for is suggesting something being hidden that would benefit this person the card stands for. If it is to be in their favor to play up an illness, they would, and if they do not want a health issue to be known, they will hide it. this card just feels filled with corruption--like someone would be two faced or would lie if it was in their interest about their health.

FINANCIAL
greed. this card really feels greedy to me, the way the snake is holding onto that golden egg.

LOVE
not a trustworthy love. one who would marry for money and position, not for love.

CAREER
again greed here too. one who would do anything to get ahead--lie, cheat and steal. someone who wants to be in a position of power. Oh, I forgot to list actual careers for the clouds--so for the snake perhaps an investor/investment broker or a con artist. :p

SPIRITUALITY
interestingly enough the snake is generally seen as a spiritual symbol. We've all heard of the kundalini snake--but it can also be seen spiritually as sneaky and evil. temptation. dangerous.

TIMING
With the Virgo sign in the upper right corner, I'd say this timing would be from August 23-Sept. 22. That or perhaps 7 days, 7 weeks or 7 mos as relating to the number in the left hand corner.

Very good points again CN! Yep, I believe that greed comes up in many aspects, can even be found in the spiritual as a drive to a so call "ministry"....

Now Empath:

THE CLOUDS
mystical

It looks angry, confused, contradictory. Mixed up emotions. Stress.

CLOUDS: clearing confusion. Secrets, burdens epiphany, revelations, gatherings, mystery, potential.
http://www.tarotteachings.com/cloud-meaning-in-tarot.html

SMOKE:-"To see smoke in your dream indicates some sort of trouble that is entering your life. You are suffering from confusion and anxiety. In particular, if the smoke is black, then it means that you are not seeing some situation or problem clearly."

Interesting detail as we do have a black cloud

DRAGON:"To see a dragon in your dream represents your strong will and fiery personality. You tend to get carried away by your passion, which may lead you into trouble. You need to exercise some self-control.
In the eastern cultures, dragons are seen as spiritual creatures symbolizing good luck and fortune.
To dream that you are a dragon and breathing fire suggests that you are using your anger to get your own way." Dragon breathing fire=anger. Uncontrolled emotions is what I sense.

CARDINAL: The bird is clearly angry- spiteful/fighting with the dragon. The dragon's spitting out fire (dark smoke) at the bird. The monkey seems calm and somewhat oblivious. "To see a cardinal in your dream represents vitality and happiness. It also may mean being in first place or your position at the front."

MONKEY: "To see a monkey in your dream symbolizes deceit, insight and intuition. Those around you are working to advance their own interest. Alternatively, monkeys indicate an immature attitude, a playful nature and the mischievous side of your personality." Seeing this monkey holding a ball of yarn is seems like he is playful, but so contradictory to the angry bird and fighting dragon.

YARN "To see yarn in your dream symbolizes your connection and creativity. Alternatively, yarn in your dream means that you are stuck in a rut. You are going about your daily life in the same old tired pattern. If the yarn is tangled and knotted, then it implies that you are experiencing some emotional distress or confusion in a situation."

BEACH/WATER/OCEAN:"To see the beach in your dream symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual." Another emotional card- confusion/irrationality/mental unsteadiness.

Most came from this site. i don't have enough symbolism knowledge - so I am finding looking things up very helpful. Then I try to throw in an intuitive touch or something I might see.

General meaning; It looks angry, confused, contradictory. The bird and the dragon seem to be going at it. The white fluffy clouds versus black smoke. The harshness of the dragon and the peacefulness of the serene beach. Much of the findings above lead to states of confusion, difficulty with emotions or mental state. The contradictions may be considered feeling pulled into different directions. Fluctuations. Mental illness difficulties.

Yep, emotion/confusion/irrationality/mental unsteadiness…that’s the clouds!

Sense of card: When I put my hand over it I sense a swirly feeling in my head that makes me feel ungrounded/flighty.

Make sense!

Numerology/Astrology: 6 - harmonious, flaws upsets (6). image on top right looks like a devil's pitchfork to me. ? OK, googling and researching: trident. ? As Neptune moves in Pisces? Symbol of Neptune. God of the sea, ruler of pisces. Dreams, psychic receptivity, illusions and confusion.

Finances: Fluctuations. Contradictions (maybe like someone who went bankrupt but still wears nice suits and appears well-off outwardly). Perhaps getting money from deceiving ways - ie - cheating on taxes.

Career: Stumped. Someone unsure of "what they want to be when they grow up". Perhaps due to the feelings of mental imbalance..psychiatrists/psychologists. But not sure if that fits. I feel it is a bumpy career - switching of jobs..trying to find one that fits...but really aimless.

Love: Not the best love card. Confusion/illusions. Emotionally charged and irrational. Not using your head- only heart..and the end results are not in your favor.

Health: mental illness, emotional disturbances. Contradictions (maybe like something like bulimia- you eat and then you do what you have to do to be thin). or a diabetic taking extra insulin in order to eat what he/she wants. Just trying to think of examples.

Spiritually: I see the dragon has some quite important spiritual meanings - especially in the Chines zodiac. However, he is breathing fire/black smoke. More contradictions. So i may surmise that this is fluctuating states of spirituality-in a confused state- not sure which way to turn. For example I have seen people who were quite spiritual or religious lose their Faith after a tragedy in their lives (death of a loved one for example) and not sure which way to turn. Or perhaps someone who was raised in one religion and is seeking to find one that fits their needs more..but confused on which way to go.

Timing: Fluctuations of time. difficulty pinning it down. If anything- we'll go for 6. I feel 6 weeks.
[/QUOTE]

Very interesting points! I like what you point out for spirituality with people ending up very confused regarding their faith when they encounter tragedies...

THE SNAKE
mystical

I am guessing the most negative card of all in the deck. Deceit, lies, trickery and caution. Even the "sun" in the picture isn't bright. He is holding onto that egg - looks like it might be the spawn of something evil emerging. LOL possessiveness. Actually, since the snake is holding an egg...likely a female?? Maybe going back to Adam and Eve, where the snake represents the devil and Eve is the tempter? Seems like he/she is alone on an island - the crown- making himself King - it doesn't feel to me that anyone "crowned" him- he is giving himself the title of reigning.

SNAKE: "To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality."
"Consequently, snakes span the symbolic bridge between lunar and solar associations as well as aspects between water and fire." - This could be why the sun is on one side, the moon on the other. (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/snake-symbolic-meaning.html)
The snake is a symbol of satan too.

Yes, the archetype of Satan is quite visible in this card!

CROWN:-The fact that the snake is wearing a crown reminds me of satan - the ruler of evil. I feel like the snake crowned him/herself. Power.

Most likely, indeed.

SUN/MOON:I think this represents the above quote - that the snake spans the bridge between lunar and solar associations. I think this might have to do with deceit. Showing one side (positive) but truly having a different quality or agenda (negative). ? "karmic balance" - walking the line between good an evil? Duality.

ISLAND: I think the fact that the snake is on an island further shows how powerful he/she feels they are. "It only takes one bad seed" comes to mind. Just one cane spread negativity- you do not need many. The snake feels so powerful that he/she feels they can do this on their own- crowned the king (self-proclaimed that is).

EGG In this case: Possessiveness. Protection over something that can be passed on as bad. This is how the negativity will be passed on - through its own.

Very good! possessiveness, clearly seen here!

General meaning; Deceit, lies, trickery, caution. Possessiveness. Can be sexual in nature. Sinning and temptations. ? female. I'm wondering if the snake shedding its skin has any meaning here - renewal- the only positive think i can think of. Or it could mean disguise- and fall under trickery. False fronts. Seducer - seems so attractive on the outside (looks/personality- whatever) but on the inside not so- ulterior motives. be careful. Can mean protective. So there is a duality to this card also - with the protective part.
"Two-faced".

The Cartomancy of this card is the Queen of club!

Sense of card: gloom and doom - solar plexus - listen to your gut comes to mind- don't get seduced - follow your own feelings.

Indeed!

Numerology/Astrology: 7 - Loners. Scorpio sign (stinging?)

Finances: Deceitful ways of gaining money. stealing. embezzlement. Not reporting all to taxes. Or having to do with sexual ways to gain money- prostitution etc.

Prostitution, yep, didn’t think about that one but true! Even using sexual pressure, or appeal to get your way.

Career: Why is a lawyer coming to mind? LOL I have nothing against lawyers - but i just watched that movie "the Devil's Advocate". Defending someone you know is guilty. Illegal: Mafia, hitmen. Sexual: prostitution, strip club.

Love: seduction. Cheating. Lies - trying to get someone for sex and not love.

Health: Someone faking an illness: For example the malingerer trying to get a windfall from an injury.

Spiritually: Someone walking the line - trying to figure out which route to taker. Between right and wrong. Duality- deceiving oneself. Feeling you are doing the right thing when you know deep down you aren't Judging others. Hypocrisy. Be aware of "false Gods". caution.

Timing: November for Scorpio. 7th month- July. Something quick - like 7 days.

Good points again!

LadyZelda

My original post was too long....visibly I can't put all of you in one post! Oh, well, it's Ok here are my comments on Tarolyn's study!:)

:heart::) This is my version of the Clouds and the Snake cards...
(no i didn't read any of your previous posts in here...
so this will probably be very different than all of yours)
Plus i have not received my my Mystical cards yet.
(...they are in the mail! :thumbsup: )

My Study Through May 25th, 2012 = 6. Clouds and 7. Snake

6. Clouds:
I see this card two ways:
1.) The 'darker' side of the Clouds = Obstacles, Setbacks, Delays, Uncertainty, Confusion,
Worry, Doubts, Fear. Puts a damper on the situation or card to its right, clouds
your insight about the card to the right.

2.) The 'lighter' side of the clouds = Clarity, Brightness, Vision, Understanding, Things
working out. Being able to see cleary or understand the card to its right.

These meanings are basically 'off the top of my head'...not tarot...but my thoughts, so if
i get it wrong...i don't know...just remember that i am learning here and i plan to get
better at this eventually!

Well, I’ll say that what is on “off the top of your head” is really good!!

*HEALTH:
Confusion and worry regarding health issues, especially affecting your lungs, caused by
smoking.
Could be a health setback. Or just getting a cold and feeling under the weather. Also could
be dust that brings on an asthma attack. Emphysema could also be a problem as well.
Clouds mostly have to do with lung problems or issues...maybe just 'congestion' from a cold.

BRIGHT side of the clouds: could indicate a clearing of that lung problem or congestion..

Very good take about linking the lungs to the clouds!!!

*FINANCES:
There is some worry or setback regaring your earnings/income. Maybe you are or will
be unsure of being able to pay your bills. Maybe there is confusion as to why a certain
amount was deducted from your paycheck. At any rate, it doesn't look that great for finances.

BRIGHT side of the clouds: Things are looking brighter for your finances. You have a clear view
of how to make money or get money. No problems with finances. You will have enough
money for your needs.

*LOVE:
A setback in a relationship. Worried about something regarding your partner. If you
don't have one, maybe you are worried that you will never have...or at any rate, you may
feel doubtful about finding love. Or...you are confused about love and not really certain how
you feel about it or another person.

Or...Love is a problem for you because you just don't understand it. Not a good relationship
or not good to start one.

BRIGHT side of the cloud: You have great clarity and understand of what love is and how
you feel about it or a person in your life. It is 'all go' for love! LOL

*CAREER OR BIZ:
A setback or some kind some problem at work or with your work at home. There may be
a challenge right now that you just can't figure out how to handle. Plus you are worried
about that challenge. It is uncertain just how you will be able to see your way through a
muddled situation that has presented itself on the job or a project that you are working on.

*SPIRITUALITY:
Setback, obstacle, challenge or even doubting your faith in whatever the next card is
(to the right). Not being Spiritual. Confused or not sure how you feel about being Spiritual.
Confused about or can't see if there really is a Creator of this world. Maybe you doubt
religion and are an atheist.

Bright side of cloud: Being able to see cleary your belief in a Creator or religion, or your Spirituality.
Having a bright Spirit.

*TIMING:
hmmmm ...Clouds as timing...
It is the '6th' card, so 6 hours because clouds move very fast and have fast energy.
Dark side: Things can go from bad to worse within 6 hours to 1 day!
Light side: Things clearing up very quickly and should be okay within 6 hrs and before the day is up!
YAY! bright skys again :)

I agree quick changes with the clouds make sense, only take a turn of the winds...Atheist, yep, that's a good point too! Very good takes and analysis lyn, direct to the point, with the 2 sides of the clouds well kept in mind!

...the 7. Snake card is next (Yikes...my experinces with 'the' snake so far!!!:bugeyed: :laugh:)...

7. Snake:
(a Warning card) ...something very nasty!
Can be an evil, slithering, sneaky, enemy or rival that has or will try to back bite you or
harm you in some way. This person may use gile to charm you or lull you in before they hurt
or attack you. Of course then there is plain lying, jealousy, or betrayal They may even try
to sabotage something you are working on or are involved with.
Be on the lookout for them and don't trust them!
OR: sometimes it just indicates a very quiet, but smart and mysterious person...watch out
for them too! LOL (Don't let someone sell you on the wrong thing!)

The snake can also be positive in the sense that through the awfulness of it, it has or will
bring you 'deep' lessons or trials that you need for your Soul.

Indeed!

*HEALTH:
Problems and/or complications with your digestive system (intestines). 'Your' (inner) plumbing is plugged up?
(Constipated? or other?) ...just a thought that came to me...LOL

*FINANCES:
Your income may be jepordized by an unscrupulous person...maybe your BF or mate, or
friend for that matter, (or even a stranger online) could find out your banking (debit card)
numbers and drain your account! yes, i do have a great imagination...LOL
Anyway, there will be problems concertining your money, rescources, or income in such a
way that it will be unpredictable. It could be that someone lies to you and ends up not
paying you what they said they would.

Why not! LOL

*LOVE:
Ah...a 'cheating' person!!! Sneaky, slithering around behind your back and partaking of
another's bliss...plain old cheating!!!
OR: Someone in a relationship with you could be very jealous of you but they might keep
this to themselves. They are not to be trusted (once you find out who they are, of course.)

*CAREER OR BIZ:
Jealousies and betrayal on the job or in a business. This could involve female co-workers or
group members. Be careful who you trust. Beguiling and manipulative person at work or in
your biz or on your project or in your group.

*SPIRITUALITY:
i know a lot of people think of the snake as a deeping of Spiriutaliy and normally it is,
as it may bring much needed (but hurtful) lessons along with it. The snake as a 'person'
in your readings is probably not that Spiritual if they are that low to try to sabatoge you and
harm you in some way. I would say that they have 'slithered' OFF of their Spiritual path! :bugeyed:

I agree! jealousies, betrayals, cheating, sabotage, harm....that's the snake!

*TIMING:
I find the snake to be very quick...darting sideways as fast as it can go...so like something
to watch out for (nasty something or someone) that happens in 7 hours? (Or even in mere minutes?)
It can or will disappeared QUICKLY back behind something :bugeyed:...So I think this snake
card is almost 'immediate'...it is either going on right now or will come about in the next say
7 days at the latest time.

:heart: Lyn

Yes makes sense!

Sakura

welcome Sakura! this thread is very friendly and fun. low key, no stress and you are sure to learn a lot here. I'm just starting to tackle learning the Lenormand, though I have quite a few different Lenormand decks. I am also using the Mystical Lenormand for this thread.

thank you for your warm welcome celticnoodle!!!:) yup, i'm sure i'll love it here!!:joke:

Another Mystical Lenormand fan:)
Make yourself at home Sakura:D and grab yourself a cookie while studying!;)

thank you lady zelda!!! you have a wonderful circle here!!! :thumbsup: haha, i think i'll skip the cookie.....i'll get crumbs all over my cards! :laugh:

i'll be posting on this week's round tomorrow. also, i will be out of town starting Sunday for a week, and i won't have any internet access at all....i thought i'd let you all know, don't want ya'll thinking i left lol! ;)

celticnoodle

Well, Sakura, I hope your trip is a pleasant one and you enjoy it. I'll be posting my thoughts on the next two cards later today or tomorrow, a bit later then I usually do, sorry LZ. Its been a crazy week. :rolleyes:

Sakura

the coffin and the bouquet

this is my interpretation using the mystical lenormand cards.

The Coffin:

Finality, the end of something. Death even. Could also mean a time of renewal, when old things or ideas and such are put away, buried, giving way to better prospects/not. Could indicate hidden ideas or truths/lies and secrecy.
Also it may signify on taking time to stop, reflect, and observe? As it's an Egyptian coffin, perhaps it also means to preserve ideas, or whatever we may have? To store within ourselves certain ideas?
Health: well, it could very well mean death/and or it won't go away or get better. A time to let go and accept what is.
Love: stale, dormant, or just plainly: there is no love there. The relationship has died of, things are not what they were. The card says as well to just drop it and move on.
Finance: it's not going good. If there was a business prospect, it would become void with this card. Or the new business venture, or just your current job. Can mean you won't be able to pay your bills, your confined to the problems you have with no way out at the moment.

The Bouquet:

Harmony, peace, tranquility, happiness, and prosperity comes to mind when I look at this card. A rosy and cheerful card, that helps show good things are on the way, even may come as a happy surprise.
Health: the bouquet would show that your health is excellent and blooming, or will be.
Love: either your current relationship will bloom and flourish or that you will find a wonderful person, that will match you very well.
Finance: the financial issues become irrelevant with this card. Problems get solved, and finances become stabilized and prosperous. Things become much better all around.

otherwise, i noticed that on the card there are 2 fallen petals on the table....i'm not sure what they mean, any thoughts?

celticnoodle

Coffin & flowers

[size=4+]COFFIN[/size]

the coffin is actually not so harsh a looking card, given it's title. the sarcophagus is beautifully colored, and thus indicates an ending, but also perhaps an ending with the knowledge and hope of future success.

The Egyptians believed in life after death, and they often would mummify the dead body and put them in a sarcophagus that was colorfully decorated and supplied with things they felt the spirit of the body would need in the afterlife.

the head of the sarcophagus for instance is symbolic of the head of the deceased, so that the soul would find it easier to find the body in the afterlife.

The color just under the blue and gold striped head piece would indicate a large amount of jewelry to me, and the red and gold round piece in the middle another piece of jewelry--a medalian. All this could indicate the wealth of the deceased.

The blue piece in the middle is a scarab beetle, which is symbolic of good luck, and the wings to either side represent the goddess of the Egyptians that would protect the person.

Even the symbols down the middle of this sarcophagus would have meaning, but alas, my eyes are not THAT good to determine what those symbols are! however, to the sides of teh card and above the card, I can do so, I believe. However, first, like Empath does, I feel I need to supply the site where I got my above information from:

http://www.otagomuseum.govt.nz/dyn_documents/mummy.pdf

Some of the information I already knew, but alas, always best to give credit where due.

above the sarcophagus, we again see the wings of the Goddess Nut--offering protection and to the sides, I would believe that just under the number '8' is an image of wheat--so the spirit would not know hunger. then the eye, so the spirit could see outside the sarcophagus. The ankh (cross w/loop at the top) is symbolic of life and then the cobra at the bottom is also symbolic of protection. I think the round ball on its head is either symbolic of the earth or perhaps the sun/moon? not sure and it's not shown in the LWB, so....

at any rate, this card, like death in the tarot, does not necessarily bring with it, ill tidings. It is more of a transformation card, one that indicates one thing is done and over and the person is moving forward into a new light/position. It is over all a well wishing card, I think. However, as with the death card in tarot, I'm sure that when this card pops up, the client may not get that initial impression.

GENERAL MEANING

the general meaning therefore, would be for transformation. leaving something behind and moving forward with a new idea/thought, etc.

NUMEROLOGY/ASTROLOGY
the number 8 in the upper left corner would indicate the 8th day, 8 weeks, or 8 mos. or the month of August. The roman numeral in the right hand side is also depicting 8.

FINANCIAL
Financially, depending on the cards around this, it can be a good or not so good card. If this card was the first card in a spread, I'd say the client is in for an unexpected or is about to start anew in a project that they may not have any idea of where it will lead them. If it comes after a good card, it would enhance the good card to say it will prove very fortunate for them. After a bad card, it would indicate some troubles they will overcome.

If this came at the end of a spread, I'd say that whatever the cards prior to it may indicate, all in all will work out in the end.

CAREER
For career, perhaps someone who is well versed or has something to do with art or hieroglyphics or Egypt, or history. a college professor perhaps? Or perhaps a mortician, grave digger, cemetery caretaker.

LOVE
For love, hmmm...very difficult, really, Ithink. Perhaps a love in a sense of really spiritually connecting and a strong ever lasting love? I'll have to think on this one and come back later.

HEALTH While I think cards very, very rarely do indicate death, I do believe they can indicate health issues. So, if this were to show up in a health reading, it may indicate a bad health problem will be overcome.

SPIRITUALLY
Spiritually, someone who is a believer in the afterlife.

TIMINGthink I already stated--8 days, 8wks, 8 mos or the 8th month--August.

I also noticed in the LWB that this card CAN indicate disease or sorrow. But, I really see it more like the death card in the tarot, and for me, it would have to depend on the position of hte card, with the other cards around it, as well as the question the cards are answering.

If this card was coming after the snake card, perhaps I would see it then as something sad coming their way via another person--a bad act coming their way and would warn them to watch out for that snake. If it was beside the clouds with the dark side of the cloud, it may also indicate illness, but if by the white side, I'd see this as the silver lining in the clouds coming to be--and this would be fortunate. Over all, a change is indicated w/this card, one that wouldn't allow the client to return to the past - as they are moving forward into a new experience/life.

flowers later--