Seven Chakra Spread

M-Press

Hi!
There is this spread I started using some time ago, with Majors (but not limited to)
It combines the seven chakras with tarot, and I find it fascinating.
I never heard of it (but this doesn't mean it doesn't exist...)
I started doing it, when I was looking for a spread to use only with the major cards of my deck, the only finished then. Now i'm about to publish my deck, and I was thinking to add it in the LWB as the "home-spread". My deck is very color oriented, and I felt it fits.
I want to make it with an added seven colored cards (budget permitting), to lay peeping behind each card-so you see the color of the chakra near a tarot card. It's neat!

The only problem with this spread, it that it is difficult to make connections some times. maybe it's too much for a LWB?
Has anyone heard of it before? Where?

-------------------------------------------------
ABOUT THE SPREAD:
Reading this spread gives an insight on which chakras may be blocked or need special attention, and those are shown as the RX (reversed). This spread indicates the well being of the querent and reflects what is the main issue at the moment, in each chakra.

It also indicates the chakras that need attention, and the way to open them: by reversing the card back straight!
This is very beneficial, because we get both the problem, as well as the way to solve it. We learn "where we stand", and then we use the energy of the same card to work with it, and reverse the card. I find it always a good thing to meditate on each chakra after a reading.

THE SPREAD POSITIONS:
--- 1. Base/Root chakra - RED:
This is the chakra of our basic life force and physical administration. It's about our "animal energy": survival, work, power, addictions, release, passion, desire, food, rage, blood, pain, purification and primal instincts.
- Reversed: it indicates tiredness, low energy, obsessiveness, hyperactivity, adrenalin junkie, no enthusiasm, discouragement, everything seems a chore.

--- 2. spleen/sacral chakra - ORANGE:
This is the chakra of emotion, desire, pleasure, creativity and sexuality, passive doings, and self love.
- Reversed: it indicates inability to show emotions, introversion, selfishness, arrogance and seeking power.

--- 3. Solar plexus chakra - YELLOW:
The chakra related to our solar plexus, is the place where we honor our truth, empathize and "live from the belly". Gut reaction. This is our inner drum beat, our challenges, our issues, our stuff.
The solar plexus also pushes us to make a choice, to commit to a path. It's the place where we have to balance between the ego and the soul. The soul understands our spiritual journey, and the ego understands how to accomplish.
- Reversed: it indicates being critical, stubborn, isolated and fearing the new.

--- 4. Heart chakra - GREEN:
The chakra of the heart is the place that we love from, the place that calls for healing and compassion?where we need to allow to be involved and vulnerable. It's about being with no judgment, and embracing ourselves unconditionally.
- Reversed: it indicates possible anger, jealousy, misery, self-doubt, feeling unloved.

--- 5. Throat - BLUE:
This chakra is about living and expressing our own truth. It is also about taking responsibility and taking risk to be "who you are", and "who you want to be".
If in the solar plexus we lived our truth, in the throat chakra we can express it. The throat chakra is the creative center especially for the for the spoken word, or any kind of performance.
- Reversed: it indicates hyperactivity, sadness, slow to respond, domineering, dogmatic.

--- 6. Brow /third eye chakra- INDIGO:
This chakra holds the inside light and imagination that we possess. It is the center of visualization and perception, and reflects the two parts of the mind: ego self and spirit self, reasoning and intuition.
- Reversed: it indicates oversensitivity, impatience, worrying, doubting, superstitiousness.

--- 7. Crown chakra - VIOLET:
The crown chakra leads us to the connection with the divine, the eternal, infinite existence. This area is so spiritual, that we can actually look at our body from "outside", and learn to love all its imperfections and wounds. It's about respecting every part of being by connecting to our spiritual essence.
- Reversed: it indicates negative self-image, self-denial, need of sympathy.

firemaiden

What synchonicity :D :D
I've just been looking for Chackra spreads. Thank you for bringing this up, M-press, and thanks for the link, bec.

M-Press

Ah-awesome!
I knew it MUST be there... although i came up with it myself, I knew I didn't create it...if you know what I mean...
and I really like the descriptions from the linc! Thanks bec!
I like that they give one word for it-that summarizes it... I wonder if I could use it too , as is..
it is very hard some times when you write about universal issues...

Firemaiden-are you going to try it?
Especially to see how the reversed go along?
please let me know if you do, and how it felt interpreting.
I lik eit for my deck because it's not divination driven , but to seee where we are... to gain awareness...
and I feel theat the celtic Cross, well, is already known enough!
Thanks!

firemaiden

I'm working on something.. uh... related....

(Firemaiden doesn't want to give away any surprises. :D)

M-Press

Firemaiden is SUCH a tease!!!!!
;)

Simone

That's great, M-Press!

I once had made up a chakra-related spread which I still use sometimes. I use it for general health readings combined with psychological interpretations of the ailments - to use them as a basis for growth.

I'll write it in a comprehensible manner if anyone is interested, and post it, here or in a different thread. :)

Love
Simone

M-Press

oh, yea, Simone!
Go on! i'm interested in these.... how thay can come up different...
But, don't you agree it's a bit of a difficult spread?
i'm wondering if there is a way to help with the interpretations...

firemaiden

I think a good spread needs to have well defined questions. The chakra spread does not have questions...

Imagemaker

I once took a 9-month chakra course where each chakra was defined by a "right"--a card could be drawn for each of these, how the querent feels about (his/her):
Chakra
1. right to survive, to be
2. right to create, to be sexual
3. right to have power, to express power
4. right to love, to receive love
5. right to speak, communicate one's truth
6. right to see, to know beyond the usual
7. right to connect with a higher spirituality or God/dess

A chakra may be "closed" or blocked by a person denying or having been told s/he does not have one of these rights. For example, a person's ability to love may be blocked because s/he never felt enabled in love as a child.

There's SO much to chakras, the facets and interpretations have literally centuries of yoga study behind them.

(Edited to fix the chakra numbers)