Cattarot is out!:))

Quester

I think this deck if full of tongue and cheek humor!! Looks like it will be fun to work with. I wish that it had a book to go with it though.

Morwenna

Whoa!! :D I didn't expect to like this, but when I saw the site, I found a lot of reasons to get this! I love the parody aspect, and as for the human features/physiology, it reminds me a lot of funny-animal comics only addressed to adults, a la Omaha the Cat Dancer. Actually, these cats are sort of halfway, because they have paws rather than hands. I'm eager to see how the characters match up with the meanings.

CharlotteK

Whoa!! :D I didn't expect to like this...

Me neither! It's extremely bizarre, freaky and downright weird, all sorts of wrong really, and I totally understand people's revulsion and aversion to it. But it's a lot of fun and has been done really well. I find it entertaining and don't mind the half cat half person thing at all, it's such a strange concept to turn famous people and characters into distinctly humanoid cats; strange enough to drag me in. This deck was an impulsive purchase I am not sure I can even remember making (how scary). I was a bit worried reading comments about it on here but now I've seen it, I'm quite happy to have this truly bonkers deck. I will definitely read with it though fair to say, probably not heavily!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

UniversesCollide

I pre-ordered this from Amazon and am going to stick with that and wait for it to arrive in February. I'm really looking forward to it though, it really appealed to me when I saw pictures of the cards.

So of course I am saying that to convince myself not to attempt to buy it from another source. I mean... I have plenty of decks to keep me busy until February. No rush. Right? I can do this.

CharlotteK

I pre-ordered this from Amazon and am going to stick with that and wait for it to arrive in February. I'm really looking forward to it though, it really appealed to me when I saw pictures of the cards.

So of course I am saying that to convince myself not to attempt to buy it from another source. I mean... I have plenty of decks to keep me busy until February. No rush. Right? I can do this.
February will be here before you know it!

Padma

Thanks for the links, reall, got my first good look at this deck.

And no, not for me unfortunately. I find it downright creepy. Never had a problem with humanised cats so far, but this one is different to me. It's the faces morphed into something I find unsettling, and the bodies... I'm afraid I can handle cats in human closes, cats walking upright, but no this :( A pity, because it was on my wishlist.

Not for me either, I'm afraid. I learnt to love the Baroque Bohemian cats because they are still very much cats, although they are dressed up.
These half-man half-cat creatures are not for me.
I found it fascinating to look at but I would not want the deck.

In the same camp as these lovely people. I find the artwork technically wonderful, but...I likes my cats to be cats. Bohemian Cats was as far as I went down this road, and I don't think I can go further. They look too human to me to be cats. And yes, mildly creepy, somehow!

But Reall, many thanks for links and keeping people up to date! :love:

Sassyinkpen

I stopped up cold when I hit the cat-man Harry Potter. That was more than I could take.

Myrrha

There must be something wrong with me - I don't see anything weird, bizarre, creepy or even very strange about the Cattarot art.

I love that so much is expressed through body language, that the art is so well done and that it is amusing and funny and cheerful.

CharlotteK

I think I've watched too much sci-fi, fantasy and mythological film and TV as strange species mash ups bother me not. And the more I keep looking at these, the more the cat people seem just right. Very cleverly done.

reall

Me neither! It's extremely bizarre, freaky and downright weird, all sorts of wrong really, and I totally understand people's revulsion and aversion to it. But it's a lot of fun and has been done really well. I find it entertaining and don't mind the half cat half person thing at all, it's such a strange concept to turn famous people and characters into distinctly humanoid cats; strange enough to drag me in. This deck was an impulsive purchase I am not sure I can even remember making (how scary). I was a bit worried reading comments about it on here but now I've seen it, I'm quite happy to have this truly bonkers deck. I will definitely read with it though fair to say, probably not heavily!

ha ha! exactly my idea! definitively freakish but in good way!^^ lolz ;))

Reall, many thanks for links and keeping people up to date! :love:
np!^^ luv keeping up to date!^^ lolz ;))

I stopped up cold when I hit the cat-man Harry Potter. That was more than I could take.

ha ha! I know! not the Harry Potter fan here!x,x lolz :))

I think I've watched too much sci-fi, fantasy and mythological film and TV as strange species mash ups bother me not. And the more I keep looking at these, the more the cat people seem just right. Very cleverly done.

omg! this may be exactly my thing!x,x facepalm lolz ;))