London Lore Tarot...

Tanga

:):)
Here's an extra photo of the deck:

...plus I just realised you may not be able to read them so - from left to right
The Tube (Ace of Pents), Temple of Mithras (8 of Pents), Spring-Heeled Jack (9 of Swords),
Epping Forest suicide pool (10 of Swords), Apollo at Westminster Cathedral (The Sun).

Speaker's Corner (9 of Wands), Boudica (Queen of Wands), The Blind Beggar of Bethnal Green (4 of Cups), The Highgate Vampire (7 of Cups), Camden Horse Hospital (Temperance).

Attachments

• LondonLoreTarot4.jpg
    LondonLoreTarot4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 379

nisaba

Ah! I was quite sure about this!
Actually I know the essential things about London (like a londoner! lol): "God save the Queen", "Jack the Ripper", "Big Ben" and "Covent Garden"! :D

Ah, but do you know the *really* essential things, like the Pearly King and Pearly Queen, and jellied eels in dank cafes down cobblestoned lanes, and freezing your tits off if youlre foolish enough to be outdoors at 4.00pm?

nisaba

I happen to have a thing for black and white decks, too. :)

decan

Ah, but do you know the *really* essential things, like the Pearly King and Pearly Queen, and jellied eels in dank cafes down cobblestoned lanes, and freezing your tits off if youlre foolish enough to be outdoors at 4.00pm?

I didn't even know what is the Pearly King and Pearly Queen, I just read this on wikipedia!!!

JylliM

I'm planning to be in London sometime next year. This could be the perfect souvenir.

Tanga

I happen to have a thing for black and white decks, too. :)

It's the 1st black and white deck that I like - but I'm biased of course as it's by my friend's. :D
...card stock is quite interesting. It's plastic with a sort of woven texture... Hmm...
(I have a thing for waterproof decks :joke: )

nisaba

It's the 1st black and white deck that I like - but I'm baised of course as it's by my friends. :D

And a very polite friend, too!

Not only did I immediately receive the usual automatically machine-generated email acknowledgement of my payment and the goods I could expect to receive, but a day or so later I received a *real* email from a personal email account signed with what looked like a real name, thanking me warmly for buying the deck.

Sadly, I don't know your non-AT-name, so I wasn't able to reply saying "I bought it because of so-and-so", but I DID say "a friend of yours mentioned it on www.tarotforum.net and I was so taken with the artwork in the few images they scanned and put up, that I just had to have it." I also said I suspected that over time, AT may be the source of other sales, too <grin>.

I like Johnny already.

decan

Could you give us your impressions with regard to this deck when you'll have it nisaba?

I am curious about this one. I haven't decided yet and I am as well in a period of abstinence concerning decks currently :)

Pipistrelle

I also got a nice email from Johnny to let me know my deck had been posted. Really looking forward to it arriving. This weekend I've been reading London Lore by Steve Roud (a hefty tome) in antici...pation. :)