All about the Aces

elena_jaymz

Recently I've received the ace of swords a LOT, and in each reading the context seems to point towards a meaning of cutting the rope, wield that swords and leave no strings attached.

Hi Sigrdrifa, thanks for sharing your experience. Cool, I can see how this Ace can point to that.

nisaba

To me Aces are *seeds*, they are potential. Just as a tree's seed is not the tree itself but needs years of the right conditions to grow into a tree, so the Aces point to potential where you need to do real-world work to bring them about.

Pentacles point to real-world or physical change, if you make the effort.
Cups point to emotional change, if you make the effort.
Swords point to changing thought-patterns, if you make the effort.
Wands point to changes in how you use your energy and drive, if you make the effort.

elena_jaymz

To me Aces are *seeds*, they are potential. Just as a tree's seed is not the tree itself but needs years of the right conditions to grow into a tree, so the Aces point to potential where you need to do real-world work to bring them about.
Hi nisaba, thanks, I agree.

Pentacles point to real-world or physical change, if you make the effort.
Cups point to emotional change, if you make the effort.
Swords point to changing thought-patterns, if you make the effort.
Wands point to changes in how you use your energy and drive, if you make the effort.
I agree, there's the potential, but you have to make the effort.

Barleywine

I think Aces can embody ll the characteristics of a particular suit in a pure unmanifested form. I also think they can signify an end of something, or a completion of all the events that led to them, if you place them after the king.
If you can see the minor cards as a circle with each ace coming after a king but also starting the next suit they could also be interpreted as a transition.
Just throwing around some ideas

I do something similar with the Aces, but I see them as coming after the Ten of the previous suit (since 10 reduces to 1 numerologically), opening the way for the next phase of manifestation. Even though they're the "root of the power" of the present element, they're also a "turn-over" or transitional card. I treat the courts as a separate order of elemental expression, and I tend to relate them more to the trumps than the minors (I did a whole study on that, posted here somewhere as "Court Cards as Allies to the Major Arcana," I think).

tarot_quest

There are so many great replies in this thread!

First, I want to say that I understand the inquiry of the OP. I also had occasions when Aces seemed to be a promising potential, which never manifested (on some occasions). For example, when I just started Tarot, my friend asked me her chances of getting a new job (she was a grad student back then and wanted to work in a medical clinic, as an assistant to welcome patient and orient them in the hospital). So I got the Ace of wands as her ''chances to land the job''. Turns out that she hated her prospective boss and she was not proactive at all, so you can guess that she did not get the position. With a better grasp of Tarot now, I can understand why we got the Ace of WANDS and not any other Aces (like the Ace of pentacles). It is because she had to act right now to get this job, but was instead very passive, so the fire here (opportunity) was extinguished.

Personally, I think that Aces are as ''powerful'' as higher cards in the suit. The main difference (beside the ''potential/seed'' aspect of Aces) compared to other cards in the deck,is that Aces are a RAW and DIFFUSE energy (i.e. a scattered energy). For example, Ace of wands, as a sexual energy, is a primitive form of sexual attraction that can come suddenly and be more difficult to master, compared let's say to a king of wands energy.

I think that everyone is very accurate when saying that we have to make effort and work on the potential of Aces to make something happen. However, sometimes this potential is not under our control and hence, the opportunity can also disappear despite someone putting a considerable amount of effort.

So to sum up, when seeing an Ace as a ''potential'', I think that more than often, other cards should support your demand to make your project come true.

elena_jaymz

Hi! Thanks for commenting my post!
There are so many great replies in this thread!

First, I want to say that I understand the inquiry of the OP. I also had occasions when Aces seemed to be a promising potential, which never manifested (on some occasions). For example, when I just started Tarot, my friend asked me her chances of getting a new job (she was a grad student back then and wanted to work in a medical clinic, as an assistant to welcome patient and orient them in the hospital). So I got the Ace of wands as her ''chances to land the job''. Turns out that she hated her prospective boss and she was not proactive at all, so you can guess that she did not get the position. With a better grasp of Tarot now, I can understand why we got the Ace of WANDS and not any other Aces (like the Ace of pentacles). It is because she had to act right now to get this job, but was instead very passive, so the fire here (opportunity) was extinguished.
Yeah, I see, often it's just our wrong interpretation or anyway it's us going for just one interpretation and leaving out all the other ones. Good example here.

Personally, I think that Aces are as ''powerful'' as higher cards in the suit. The main difference (beside the ''potential/seed'' aspect of Aces) compared to other cards in the deck,is that Aces are a RAW and DIFFUSE energy (i.e. a scattered energy). For example, Ace of wands, as a sexual energy, is a primitive form of sexual attraction that can come suddenly and be more difficult to master, compared let's say to a king of wands energy.
Yes, I agree, it's pure raw energy that you need to work (just like we do with raw materials indeed), a hard work is implied.

I think that everyone is very accurate when saying that we have to make effort and work on the potential of Aces to make something happen. However, sometimes this potential is not under our control and hence, the opportunity can also disappear despite someone putting a considerable amount of effort.
I agree again, we can make something happens, but other times we can't.

So to sum up, when seeing an Ace as a ''potential'', I think that more than often, other cards should support your demand to make your project come true.
True, thanks again!

elena_jaymz

Sorry if I revive my thread, but something else came to my mind about the Aces.

As we said the Aces are symbols of the possibility/potential to make something real, but could it be that that possibility/potential is then not for you/not what you were looking for?

Examples: you may get an Ace of Pents as the potential for a new job, but what if it's not a job suitable for you? Like you're a doctor, but there's just a job opportunity as employee? Or maybe you get an Ace of Cups as new love opportunity, but you don't like the suitor?

Could this happen? Do you get what I mean? Thanks.

Barleywine

Sorry if I revive my thread, but something else came to my mind about the Aces.

As we said the Aces are symbols of the possibility/potential to make something real, but could it be that that possibility/potential is then not for you/not what you were looking for?

Examples: you may get an Ace of Pents as the potential for a new job, but what if it's not a job suitable for you? Like you're a doctor, but there's just a job opportunity as employee? Or maybe you get an Ace of Cups as new love opportunity, but you don't like the suitor?

Could this happen? Do you get what I mean? Thanks.

I think of the Aces like a fertile field ready for planting; their potential is somewhat undifferentiated and can manifest in many ways within the bounds of their respective elements, depending on where you want to go with it. One expression might not be right for you, but the next one will be. I'm not so sure it's a "one-shot deal."

elena_jaymz

I think of the Aces like a fertile field ready for planting; their potential is somewhat undifferentiated and can manifest in many ways within the bounds of their respective elements, depending on where you want to go with it. One expression might not be right for you, but the next one will be. I'm not so sure it's a "one-shot deal."
Thanks! Yeah, why not? The next possibility could be the one for you.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk