4 of cups rx for wish / Lovers for expectations?

think

My friend and her ex have fallen out. They stayed friends for a while but he got a new girlfriend and broke contact.

I did a big relationship spread (16 cards), and now I remember why I don't tend to do such big spreads, although a lot of it offers some in-depth analysis. I'll maybe put the whole reading in 'your readings' and link it here. (now done!) Anyway....

For her, it makes sense, probably because we've talked about it and I know how she feels, so can relate the cards to what I know.

For "her wishes", I got 5 of cups rx: she wishes to stop missing him.
For "her expectations", I got 7 of wands: she expects him to kick her to the kerb.

For "his wishes", I got 4 of cups rx: he wishes to move on from her? Or he wishes they wouldn't move on emotionally?
For "his expectations", I got Lovers: he expects to choose her?

I'm confused.

Outcome card is 8 of wands: they will resume contact? Sexual contact? Or like a whirlwind thing that comes and goes maybe.

Any thoughts?

rwcarter

For "his wishes", I got 4 of cups rx: he wishes to move on from her? Or he wishes they wouldn't move on emotionally?
For "his expectations", I got Lovers: he expects to choose her?
The 4th cup could be seen as a distraction, so Rx he wishes the distraction would go away so he can continue to focus on the 3 cups in front of him.

His expectations regarding his relationship with her? He's made his choice and he expects her to respect that choice.

Outcome card is 8 of wands: they will resume contact? Sexual contact? Or like a whirlwind thing that comes and goes maybe.
The best thing I can think of for the 8W is a one night stand between the two of them. The 8W doesn't bode well for any kind of reconciliation between them.

Rodney

think

The 4th cup could be seen as a distraction, so Rx he wishes the distraction would go away so he can continue to focus on the 3 cups in front of him.

His expectations regarding his relationship with her? He's made his choice and he expects her to respect that choice.

The best thing I can think of for the 8W is a one night stand between the two of them. The 8W doesn't bode well for any kind of reconciliation between them.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney. That's an interesting take.

Yeah it could well be... they have gone "no contact", when he got the new girlfriend, or rather when she found out about this, she blocked him and hasn't contacted him since. He hasn't contacted her either (this has been a few weeks). So if she is a distraction, it's his own feelings there creating that 4th cup, since she's making no attempt to get him back (she doesn't want him back, she says). She does respect his choice, and she says there's no way back for him now, a one night stand would not happen... of course what we say and what happens in reality are two different things. She's still quite upset by the whole thing. I dunno, me and other friends are quite shocked, they were together a long time and seemed good together from our outsider views!

rwcarter

So if she is a distraction, it's his own feelings there creating that 4th cup, since she's making no attempt to get him back (she doesn't want him back, she says).
The distraction could definitely be his conscience as it appears the new relationship started while he was already in a relationship. That 4th cup could be the little angel on his shoulder nagging him about her while he's trying to focus on the new relationship.

Rodney

think

The distraction could definitely be his conscience as it appears the new relationship started while he was already in a relationship. That 4th cup could be the little angel on his shoulder nagging him about her while he's trying to focus on the new relationship.

Rodney

Thanks. Hmm, yeah I think it must have happened like that. They split up, he made all the effort to "stay friends" with her and then announced the new girlfriend so my friend blocked him. It's his loss if so, my friend is a lovely girl. I don't see him and the new girl lasting very long in reality, and they already have problems even in such early days, but that's my view, who knows.

Ah, yeah, so his expectation could be he made his choice and she will leave him to it. Which is as you said, but I read it in a different context I think. I mean now, he is aware that he chose the GF so the ex won't have him back.

Thanks!