The Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Emily

I still haven't got my deck from Amazon UK yet - I've had it on order for, I think, just over a month. But it is usually a bad sign from Amazon when they send the email out about it being hard to source and would I like to cancel - then they cancel anyway - so that's what I'm expecting them to do.

I did look at the US Games site but I think the P&P would make it too expensive to have it shipped over. Book Depository haven't got it in either yet. :(

Mythtaken

I still haven't got my deck from Amazon UK yet - I've had it on order for, I think, just over a month. But it is usually a bad sign from Amazon when they send the email out about it being hard to source and would I like to cancel - then they cancel anyway - so that's what I'm expecting them to do.

I did look at the US Games site but I think the P&P would make it too expensive to have it shipped over. Book Depository haven't got it in either yet. :(

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long, how frustrating.

Oddly enough, just as I was getting ready to reply to this thread, US Games called me. Apparently they hadn't run the credit card charge through right away when I placed the order, and had to get the number again. (I verified this with my credit card company) I get the feeling they're maybe just a small company.

The product does seem very nice, though. I hope you won't have to wait too much longer.

Emily

I finally cancelled the Amazon Tea Leaf Fortune cards - they moved the date back to the middle to end of Feb.

But the Book Depository have them in now so I've ordered from them £5 cheaper than the Amazon cards and I should have them here by the end of the week (Hopefully) :)

lightpers

I finally cancelled the Amazon Tea Leaf Fortune cards - they moved the date back to the middle to end of Feb.

But the Book Depository have them in now so I've ordered from them £5 cheaper than the Amazon cards and I should have them here by the end of the week (Hopefully) :)

Ah so envy, i thought Book Depository didn't have it yet, so i grab the last stock on Amazon last week, ah so pity, lucky you, Emily :)

Can't wait to get this deck also!

Emily

Ah so envy, i thought Book Depository didn't have it yet, so i grab the last stock on Amazon last week, ah so pity, lucky you, Emily :)

Can't wait to get this deck also!

I had the Amazon one on order from the 5 Dec and when they can finally get it in stock, I find it cheaper and quicker from the Book Depository.

I'm really looking forward to working with it too. :)

Le Fanu

How many editions of this have there been? It's passed under my radar a few times. Maybe it's time to get myself one. I keep reading how easy it is to use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emily

This will be the second version. The first version came with a hardback book but this one will be softcover.

I had the original version in my Amazon basket so long that when I finally remembered it, it had already gone OOP. Usually when that happens, I forget about the deck but this one has been on my mind for a long time so when I realised they were reprinting it, I decided to go for it.

I've seen it on youtube and it looks really interesting to use, plus with 200 cards, there is a lot of scope there. :)

Le Fanu

I have just ordered this from the Book Depository. I wonder where these cards were printed. Does anyone have the 2011 edition? Are the cards printed in Italy and super-glossy? Presumably this new edition is printed in China, no?

Emily

Well the Tea Leaf Fortune cards came. :) I love the oriental feel of the cards, they are a nice size to hold. The book is a softcover, there is also an organza gold bag for mixing the cards. They all fit nicely into the box.

I haven't had time to really sit down with them yet but the book recommends doing a full 12 month spread starting from the month you have the cards so this would be February, and then only do one of these large spreads every 3 months or so. This is to let your energies transfer onto the cards, sort of like you and the cards getting to know one another. There are three spreads in the book but I think once you get used to how these cards read, then other spreads could be adapted for them.

I think these readings will have to be journaled so I'm on the lookout for an oriental style looking journal for them. Hopefully I'll do my first reading for myself with them tomorrow. :)

Edited to add:-
They are printed in China, flexible, lightly laminated and not over glossy. Feel nice in the hand, not sticky or clumpy.

Le Fanu

Thanks for that Emily! Nice little review. I have quite a lovely oriental bag which is large and square-ish so I think they might perfect for this deck. How thick is the deck when stacked on the table? I'm imagining it's quite thick as there are over 100 cards.

I'm really looking forward to this deck arriving.