Thoughts on the Page of Cups

mysticmoon

Men's and women's wardrobes

I have read somewhere that women's clothes fasten on the other side because in the olden days, women used to be dressed by their maids and the fastening was correct for maids, even though opposite for the women themselves. I don't know if there is really anything sexist involved here. Just convenience perhaps.

rainwolf

Mystic Zyl said:
The page has come up in many readings with women that are expecting a child.....yep it is the baby card! It also is a card for Pisces, the card for new beginnings and dreams.

Pages aren't assigned astrological attributions; pisces belongs to the king of cups, mutable water who can control and be effected by emotions like pisces. I also don't think pisces is the sign of new beginnings; its more like the sign of karma and finishing up.

The page of cups was discussed in another thread about the fish which I thought was pretty cool: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=21512

firefrost

Whatever the fish is saying to him, he's listening intently to it. Maybe it's representing his subconscious thoughts?

I agree about his headgear as well - that seems to represent a fish too. A teenager going through growing-up emotions, and wondering whether to listen to their head or their heart, maybe?

Jan :)

firecatpickles

I think there is a connection with the Page of Cups, of water, and the Hanged Man.

I see any page as a possible portent to pregnancy, depending on the surrounding cards.

KK

tink27

Receiving or sending psychic impressions

firefrost said:
Whatever the fish is saying to him, he's listening intently to it. Maybe it's representing his subconscious thoughts?

I agree about his headgear as well - that seems to represent a fish too. A teenager going through growing-up emotions, and wondering whether to listen to their head or their heart, maybe?

Jan :)

I agree. I see the fish rising from the cup as a kind of messenger from the unconscious. It's almost as if his inner self is peeping inward and outward at the same time and perhaps discovering at this instant that all time is one time.

tink

caridwen

moggy said:
Does anyone have some thoughts/experiences w/the Page of Cups?

This card has been coming up time and again in my deck. It doesn't come up in spreads/readings, no, that would be way too simple. It keeps coming up at the end of my deck after I have shuffled and cut. It doesn't matter what spread or question I am doing at the time, the Page is there at the end of my deck!!

So that's my experience with the Page for the last six months!! Maybe he's some kind of creepy stalker... :bugeyed:

caridwen

kilts_knave said:

He showed up again today so he is definately poking me in the eye about something. He's probably a stalking cupid, knowing my luck.:(

aibhlin

rainwolf said:
Pages aren't assigned astrological attributions; pisces belongs to the king of cups, mutable water who can control and be effected by emotions like pisces.

Where did you get that system from? I was thaught that Pisces is connected to the Knight of Cups...

firecatpickles

The GD dawn system associated the zodiacs with courts. However, Crowley assigns the Knight hierarchically larger that the King; therefore, Kings are Pisces, Gemini, Virgo, and Sagittarius rather than the Knights, who are Scorpio, Aquarius, Taurus, and Leo.

KK