Tarot Figure toys..

starlightexp

I'm just going to put this here ....

http://www.tarotfigures.com

$220 for a set of 22 penny sized, paintable plastic pieces based on the majors can be yours if you are so inclined.

Nemia

Katz and Goodwin... shaking my head here...

Lee

Interesting... I think they're a little bigger than a penny, 34mm is about 1.33 inches, maybe two pennies. Still seems kind of small for the price, especially since they're unpainted. But I'm not a gamer and thus don't have a good feel for what price would be reasonable. Looks like the sculptor did a nice job though.

I'd also be a bit nervous about buying them as they're produced - if the project fails for some reason, then the set would never be complete.

nicky

If Gumby and Harry Potter had a baby .....

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 778

gregory

Interesting... I think they're a little bigger than a penny, 34mm is about 1.33 inches, maybe two pennies. Still seems kind of small for the price, especially since they're unpainted. But I'm not a gamer and thus don't have a good feel for what price would be reasonable. Looks like the sculptor did a nice job though.

I'd also be a bit nervous about buying them as they're produced - if the project fails for some reason, then the set would never be complete.
This. It's like those indiegogo projects where the person gets the money in dribs and drabs, starts work - doesn't get enough to complete and no-one ends up with anything.

I don't even want these though; I REALLY can't see the point. I like the figure I HAVE. She cost me about $2, as I recall. Now a set of majors like her, I'd go for :joke:

Oh my - they release a new system of tarot magick.... :bugeyed: They are a totally new world.

I think in the timeline of OTT claims, this ranks - rather high...

Mossery

That is pretty interesting. Tabletop gaming and custom painting for those tiny figures that go with the games has a pretty devoted, intense following.

$220 seems high for plastic ones. Maybe they're that expensive because they're being released individually instead of in one or two big sets of the plastic figures on sprigs?

That lego figure is pretty awesome though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Borealis

Tarot Town is an adorable name. I wish I'd thought of it.

Not going to shell out for the figures, but hey, if you have the disposal income and want to collect 'em, more power to you (that's the general you, not anyone here)

Shade

I play a few games that involve miniatures like those - it takes an absolute expert to paint those things and have them look good. A lot of experts are available to professionally paint others' figures (just google miniature painting service).

For example: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1_u_aU8nw

Debra

Who knew?
A basic set of "base paints" for models is fifty bucks on Amazon.

madhatter00o

$10/figure is a little high of standard for a regular-sized (25mm) model. Models about that size go for around $7-8, depending on the intricacy of the sculpting.

Given that these are 1) specialty models and 2) VERY well sculpted, $10 is understandable. (I'm still not buying them, as I don't have extra cash lying around and I'll be moving before the project is complete.)

As for painting, $1 acrylic paints from Walmart are fine. The only "specialty" paints I use are washes, which are less viscous and flow easily into cut areas, making them ideal for shadows. Washes cost around $5 a pot and last for ~50 models.