Tarot for Yourself- 3 card spreads

Kaz

Justice reversed was my daily draw card (1 card).
I wanted to know more and then I thought of that exercise, so I took three more.
I didn't ask a question when I draw them.
And yes, this was robin wood deck.

Kaz

Kaz

Bec,
We talked about 7pents already, so that might have changed your look on the whole thing. I layed out the RW cards and I see something different than you........

Your body is telling you that you stopped "stealing" from it. I know it's a very simplistic way of looking at it, but this is the Thief card reversed, and together with what you told me I take it this way.
Your mind is telling you you are balancing things in your life - or at least trying to.
Since the Jugglar still holds on to his two pentacles, even on one leg, I would say that you are on the right track.
Your spirit is telling you that you should take it easy now and see what grows out of the seeds you planted. Getting an harvest takes time to grow, just take care of the weeds......

In the recent past you quit driving yourself too hard.
In the present you are still balancing things.
In the near future lies the reward for your efforts.

The child in you says: thank you for stopping ill-treating me.
the parent in you says: try to keep things balanced.
The adult in you says: have some patience and and see what this will yield you.

my 2 cents on it.......

Kaz

bec

Kaz and Jewel :)

I hear you both - and cutting out "me" from the cards I can see that - I might even have read it my self.

But I have and am still too close to see any good in this - I know regeneration is gonna take " forever" and I think my 2Pent is foremost telling me not to give up - it is a struggle keeping balance when everything seems like dead end. And I am hangin in there, so things are gonna be alright in time.

Just think Waite could have showed me some different cards to tell me this hence "he" knows how I read my cards if feeling down !!!

Thanks for your inputs both :) I really appreciate it :)

I should do this in say a month or so again - so we can see if the cards and I have made anything new out this. See what happend to 7 pent.

what do you think ?

bec

Jewel:

Tower - 8 Pent and High priestess

the Tower to me represents something that have to be tared apart, a fog that has to be removed and a new path to be found. Also finding out what the foundation is all about.

So reading only the tower you actually got your whole 3 card reading in on.

This is concerning your weightloss - and new way of life, habbits, diets and so was in great need of change.
Any change we experience wether it is caused deliberately or forced upon us effects us somewhat chaotic.
Until we have removed the fog and viewed the foundation of life and living thoroughly.
Even having to walk the new path and sticking to it, not falling back in old habbits can be a chaotic time.
Once dealt with chaos- you have the foundation and is now ready for building a new tower. The morality in the tower card is:
Only take with you what really is, leave illusions and lies behind, they are no longer useful.

take 8 of pent, this is the "student" card. It is hard work, and contains alot of boring "mono" moments and habbits - rituals if you will - that just has to be done if you wanna finish what you startet.
Also Pent telling about health issues, this goes well with your topic of wightloss.
Loosing weight and building new patterns is just like student who wanna get that degree - hard work, planning, sticking to it and believe that you can do it.

High Priestess - and also your souldcard.
This is one of the things you need to do for your self in order to reach that life style you want hence what we wrote or I first wrote about your personality.
You will in time reach your soul, and feel completet. The highpriestess knows the answers to everything in all time and all space - once you have finished this task and learned how to live with it and keeping it steady - you too wil have gained the knowlegde on how to reach your soul.

That´s what I thourght about visualizing the cards in my head :)

I still view you as someone with a very strong, mysterious and loving personality - even if you are a redhead - I somehow think you are even closer to your goal than you realize.

bec

Kaz,
my thourght on your cards from the top of my head:

Strenght reversed
Emperor reversed
Knight of Swords

I tend to view the strenght card here when reversed as the maiden trying to lure the lion. She pretends to love it but really is only trying to gain its confidence so she can kill it. I see this card as manipulation - taming natural nature.

If inner strength is turned upside down you would get outer strength. Viewing the card it is the lion who have that power. The maiden is using foul play here to get the lion to do what it´s not its nature to do - surrender - if any it would kill her for tresspassing his teritory.
Viewing the story in strenght it is telling that you have been your way, your natural way allways. It is in your nature to be that person.
Now you feel that you are being manipulatet into change, giving you a hard time to figure out why you should change, since this is not causing you any troubles with in, you don´t see the point. The Lion is being changed for the pleasure of the maiden, so maybe you should ask your self, why this has become an issue for you.

Emperor reversed - viewing the strenght card the emperor is being taken out of his control boot. he´s no longer seen as the emperor, and the ppl who used to follow him and follow his commands no longer sees it fit to do so. This could lead the emperor to behave like the child instead of the strong and confident emperor. When the emperor steps down from his throne - the born leader he is - you have taken him out of his natural invironment - he will most likely end up as a street bum cause an authority usually wont submit other authorities easily. Then again he might stand up and fight for his throne, demanding his natural rights being given back to him. Depends on how he handle it.

Knight of Swords is a man of priciples, he will fight to death for what he believes in.

Viewing the 3 cards together here could be telling that you are being manipulatet to think that your way of living and behaviors is not "legal" that you should change, so you can be like the rest of the "normalized" world.

knight of swords tells you that it is time to fight for your right to be your self - so what if you can´t deal with having ppl round you all the time ? so what if you wanna be th "lone Wolf" outside the pack ?
As it is your nature, then maybe you are trying toooo hard changing your self - shouldn´t also the world and your inviroment have place, room and heart for you ?

I can see why you see these things in your cards - but if you view the reversed justice from this angle, it might be telling you that you are the one being mistreated here, that the unfairness is on you and not done by you ?

We are all uniqe - different from one another - striving for perfection with in shouldn´t be about becoming a stereotype - but find what it is that makes us uniqe.

That´s it Kaz :)

Kaz

Bec, I see your point.
And you draw the cards for you so that will be different then if I would draw them for you. I read them as what they mean to me, and that can be different for you. *Looking confused now*, can I still read and understand what I just wrote? I think so, hope you can :).
Might be interesting to do the same spread in a month and see if we all have different issues or still the same.

Jewel,
I read your cards more or less the same as you and Bec do, just some differences to add to it. You guys summed it up really neat.

Tower represents to me also something that is not to be avoided, no matter what.
Makes me wonder if there was a necessity for loosing weight. You don't have to answer that, just letting my brains spin round a bit.

8 Pentacles is to me, besides what you said about it before, also the "Just be yourself and enjoy the normal things of life" card. The appreciation of all normal earthy things, the everyday routine of working/studying and familylife.
In this case that would not apply.

High Priestess: nothing to add.

Kaz

Jewel

WOW!!! You guys have been busy *LOL*. This is great stuff! I am so lucky that you guys were in for forming this study group ~smiles~.

Bec hon, you make me blush ~gentle smile~. And listen to what Kaz and I had to say about the reading ... we pretty much had the same interpretation and that is that you and I certainly did not have any talk about the 7 of pentacles.

Kaz, you are right on *LOL*. And you know what? I am even going to tell you the reason why I am needing to loose the weight ~smiles~ I am getting married, dress fitting is coming up and I promised myself I would be able to wear a bikini and look hot in it on my honeymoon *LOL*. Also because I just feel much better about myself in general when I am thinner than I was. And the better I feel the more in tune with myself and others I am.

It is really reasuring to have friends to share the readings with. It is showing me that I understand more than I thought I did *LOL*. The one thing I am wondering is that as long as it is not something negative it seems easy to be objective. In the cases where there seems to be negativity in a self reading we seem to focus more on the bad and not see the good ... not using objectivity any longer. Just an observation.

I think we should revisit these spreads in a month and see how things are going for the 3 of us and what has come to pass.

Love & Light,

Jewel

WOW!!! You guys have been busy *LOL*. This is great stuff! I am so lucky that you guys were in for forming this study group ~smiles~.

Bec hon, you make me blush ~gentle smile~. And listen to what Kaz and I had to say about the reading ... we pretty much had the same interpretation and that is that you and I certainly did not have any talk about the 7 of pentacles.

Kaz, you are right on *LOL*. And you know what? I am even going to tell you the reason why I am needing to loose the weight ~smiles~ I am getting married, dress fitting is coming up and I promised myself I would be able to wear a bikini and look hot in it on my honeymoon *LOL*. Also because I just feel much better about myself in general when I am thinner than I was. And the better I feel the more in tune with myself and others I am.

It is really reasuring to have friends to share the readings with. It is showing me that I understand more than I thought I did *LOL*. The one thing I am wondering is that as long as it is not something negative it seems easy to be objective. In the cases where there seems to be negativity in a self reading we seem to focus more on the bad and not see the good ... not using objectivity any longer. Just an observation.

I think we should revisit these spreads in a month and see how things are going for the 3 of us and what has come to pass.

Love & Light,

Kaz

Bec,
You know how to make my day :).
I haven't seen Strenghth reversed in this light, and i must say it's agreat interpretation. And I also think you are right here. I guess I am so tangled up in this that I can't look objective anymore at cards I draw for myself. Hence seeing only the things in them putting me down. To answer your question, why this has become an issue for me, I think you already know the answer, and it is slowly dawning on me too. So far I have come up with trying to fit myself in a relationship/life which fits like a shoe being too small. What I haven't figured out yet is why I am doing that. Maybe here comes the issue winning/loosing into play, not sure about that.

Emperor:
Then again he might stand up and fight for his throne, demanding his natural rights being given back to him
I hope I will get to that stage somewhere in time......

Knight of Swords: Agree 100%, now it has to come to concious level so I can act upon it, I think that will happen when I understand my motives for being in this situation. Somehoe I think this is something I need to know before I can move on, and therefor probably this is giving me something, otherwise i would have left it behind me already. I mean there is some reason I am "in " this.

And, you are right about what you say about me, that's how and who I am.

Thank you Bec, small words with big meaning here......

Kaz

Kaz

Congratulations !!!! When is it?

Kaz