exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

sacredashes

The Fool

turned to ashes on 11.10.2007

sacredashes

31-01-2007

30th January 2007...

My footsteps from this day was buried under layers of dust long before I came back to erase them.

Returning to this chamber after so many months feels a little strange.. it's is a vacum of stillness. And listening for whispers from the past is like listening for footsteps in a house where ghosts roam free along the halls, trapped in their own memory of what it used to be.

So that is what the past is all about.. a place where laughter rings hollow and everything is muted by staleness. Noone I know is here anymore.. where did everybody go?

....turned to ashes on 11.10.2007

sacredashes

Ace of Swords on 31-01-2007

turned to ashes on 01.11.2007...

sacredashes

High Priestess

turned to ashes on 19.11.2007

sacredashes

Hierophant

turned to ashes on 28.11.2007

sacredashes

The Moon (with compliments from Jamie)

turned to ashes on 19 December 2007

sacredashes

The Tower

removed on 27.12.2007

rogue

Your dark, detailed style is quite captivating, Sacredashes, especially your devil. It would be nice to see a bigger picture though. Darkness is something that I haven't really been able to approach in my art. I've been meaning to for a long time, but my theme being the rainbow didn't allow me the chance yet. Another thing I've wanted to paint, for even longer, is a dragon. I think seeing your pictures has somehow inspired me as I just had a vision, so I know what I have to do now. Super-Dragon.

sacredashes

lampkin said:
Your dark, detailed style is quite captivating, Sacredashes, especially your devil. It would be nice to see a bigger picture though. Darkness is something that I haven't really been able to approach in my art. I've been meaning to for a long time, but my theme being the rainbow didn't allow me the chance yet. Another thing I've wanted to paint, for even longer, is a dragon. I think seeing your pictures has somehow inspired me as I just had a vision, so I know what I have to do now. Super-Dragon.

Wow, I don't know what to say, lampkin. That's quite a compliment. I never thought my stuff would be inspiring, reading what you said made me feel really good about my work.. thank you. :)

I've saved a larger image of my Devil card if you want to take a closer look... lampkin, come cloooosseerrr :D

I'm sure your Super-Dragon will come out great, hope you wouldn't mind sharing them when you're done.. I love dragon images. I named mine Radja (Emperor) and Ratu (Empress).. yeah, there's 2 of 'em.

Peace be upon you always,

Ash

P.S: I like the picture in your homepage. Maybe I read it wrong but I love the way you showed how contradictory we can be. If we think everything is bright and good, why are we weeping rivers of tears?

rogue

That's better. There's even somewhat of a Geiger feel to your style. Of course I love Geiger's work. I'll definitely show you my Super-Dragon, but I doubt he'll be anything even remotely like you'd expect. I think the idea was developing in my mind for a little while, but seeing your art kind of triggered the vision I was waiting for.