Gonna learn Thoth if it kills me - Minors

nicky

cardlady22 said:
Has anyone made a chart of the zodiac with its decans that could make the concepts pop? Similar to what Melanchollic does for the TdM?

It would be really cool if it was interactive. I'd love to be able to drag a symbol/glyph for a planet to the inquired upon position and have the color change to indicate the "feel" of the dignity.

Or maybe a little short-story vignette about how the "person" feels being put through the "situation"?

I swear I saw something like that (non interactive though) on Leisa Refalos site.. I will look and see if I can find the color coded chart...

Well, close. Her Tarot of Color is elemental not planetary but still very cool.
http://tarotofcolor.com/cards/

nicky

I think I found a cheat sheet

Not that this explains much yet...but it will maybe help me for a reference.

I apologize in advance for everyone saying duh LOL

N.

Attachments

• dignites.jpg
    dignites.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 218

Scion

Here's another one with a bit more data...

Attachments

• dignities2.gif
    dignities2.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 215

nicky

5w

Saturn is in detriment in Leo so this is not a comfy card. Saturn likes structure, Leo (as well as the suit of wands) is firey like the sun it is ruled by. Struggle and conflict. Limitations.

Ok been forgetting there is Kaballah here too..
"The quality of Geburah is summed up in the general idea of strength and power and force." Regardie.

Again, we have limitations and restrictions in a suit of fire, which I think of as expansive. I also think of 5s as being expansive so this would also be a difficult card.

The image on the card looks like the large heavy wand is holding back the other wands.

nicky

6w

-Jupiter in Leo – expansion in a fixed fire sign feels like winning and burning bright. I like the balance of the wands in the card. I read on this forum about the The Three Wands of the Three Adepts, which means nothing to me, but the art on the card makes these wands look like important symbols of might. I can imagine someone using them ceremoniously, as opposed to simple unadorned wands.. it implies a rank or privilege, which would go along with the keyword of victory in my mind. Leading a parade.. a color guard, that sort of thing. One earns that place (theoretically). I see the luck of Jupiter and the brilliance of Leo being part and parcel of that role.

nicky

I feel like I have to begin all over again today, at least with the minors. There are so many correspondences associated with each card, I was trying to concentrate on just a few. So during the majors I tried to focus on Kaballah, since that was clearly a huge part of this deck (knowing it would be a rudimentary level of course). Then comes the minors and I thought ok, this will require some astrology (again basic level understanding). Now I find that by ignoring the color scales (which at first seemed of little importance...at least to begin with) I am missing a lot of the import.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nicole
currently in nine of swords mode

nicky

7w

"This card derives from Netzach (Victory) in the suit of Fire. But the Seven is a weak, earthy, feminine number as regards the Tree of Life, and represents a departure from the balance so low down on the Tree that this implies a loss of confidence." (AC BOT)

Ok, so what I am guessing is the reason this card is not as auspicious as one would think with Mars in Leo, is that Netzach is ruled by Venus and that is not as happy as Mars would be.

I am trying to look at the 'rulers' of each Sephirot along with the correspondences on the face of the card. I feel like those guys who spin plates on the end of long sticks and try to keep them balanced here with all the plates increasing in number.

nicky

8w

Mercury suggests communication, quickness, intellect; Sagittarius is a centaur... born from a cloud.. this sign seems dreamy and philosophical IMHO. The archer and his arrows add to the idea of swiftness. The truth seeking dreamer would do well in Hod.
This would not be a combination for perfection and detail... fast moving thinking energy. This type of energy would not stick around for the long run but would be Splendorous while it lasted:)

nicky

I went back to the BOT to reread the card description as I was wondering about the shapes beneath the rays...I could only recall the rainbow portion Crowley mentioned......"It will be noted that there are no flames; they have all been taken up into the wands to turn them into rays. On the other hand, the electric energy has created intelligible geometrical form. "

Normally I would think of this electricity/energy as not having form.. but in this case I am understanding AC as making sure this is understood to be material.

Would that be due to the lower position on the tree?

Nicky
plugging away