New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

rivergum

I love my deck! it arrived today and I am delighted with the colourings, texture and size. Thank you EnchantedShadow and eltarot78. :)

ladybird

Awesome job Ladybird! Thanks for posting!

Edit: Say, did you also round the corners? Is that a 3mm or 5mm? What brand corner rounder? Looks nice!

Thanks!

I did corner punch the deck although, I really didn't want to. But after handling and shuffling it for a couple of days the corners were already starting to crinkle and bend. I'm happy with how they turned out.

I used the Akiles Diamond 1 machine that I bought to corner round my Lenormand decks. It's the smallest blade (1/8") so it makes the smallest corner punch possible. You almost don't notice the cards have been rounded & I'm glad I don't have to handle the deck with extreme care anymore. Although it is precious!

I've been reading with the deck this past week and it's been such a breeze to read with. I think there's a particular style of reading TdMs (like I said before I'm new to TdM decks) but I've just been reading the Robledo like I do other non-scenic pip decks.

The geometric transparency card is so awesome! The Golden Ratio/Mean is so alive in the TdM cards. I had no idea but it makes sense knowing the cards are from the same era where artists used that equation in their paintings.

I know it's going to be a deck that I cherish for many years to come!

Thanks again to EnchantedShadow for organizing this so that a few more people in the world can enjoy the deck. Thanks again, Pablo for bringing it into existence!

eltarot78

Hi rivermeg
I'm glad that the deck has arrived and that is to your liking.

agviz

...I used the Akiles Diamond 1 machine that I bought to corner round my Lenormand decks...

I checked out the Akiles Diamond 1; wow that looks like a great rounder. You don't play around when you round those corners!

eltarot78

A new ad

Hello everyone

I am conducting a campaign to raise the funds needed to make a "industrial publication"
auto financing it with decks I have produced.

offer a week's deals

for those who already have the TdM II 1st or 2nd edition.
I would like that could have the 3rd edition ( because practically, according to eye experts, treated 3 different decks).

for those who already have decks for this week I offer the 3rd edition TdM II to u$s 29 (each)

and have 5 copies of the 1st edition and 2 copies of the 2nd edition to u$s 25 (each)

agviz

I'd like to voice an idea for a future Robledo Dodal, should a new printing become available. I have no idea if you are looking to do more Pablo, so pardon my brainstorming. ;)

I find the traditional Dodal size a bit large to shuffle (same with the Flornoy). I think a perfect size would be 4.75" or 4.5". I assume that would be smaller than the original Dodal decks, but that little difference would make a big difference for me.

Also, I love the background paper texture and the shading of the recent Robledo TdM and I think it would be great to see those things implemented in the Dodal. Pablo's eye for shading is great and would really bring the Dodal into a whole new light.

Anyone feel the same or have ideas to share?

agviz

Pablo, do I understand correctly that there might be a large scale printing of your TdM should the funds become available?

eltarot78

Hi Agvis,

the Dodal is work that I have pending, and which will require a great extra work, since the forms of work, file sizes, textures, etc.. were rather more precarious I could learn.
I'm self taught and my work is largely trial and error.

one of my intentions was to do it in the same size as the TdM II, for that would have to see how many more people share "the vision".

and yes, you have understood correctly,
all this work is to raise funds and face a large-scale publication.

agviz

Understood about the huge undertaking it must be to develop the Dodal in that direction.

Great news about plans for a large-scale publication! :thumbsup:

eltarot78

Understood about the huge undertaking it must be to develop the Dodal in that direction.

Great news about plans for a large-scale publication! :thumbsup:

Thanks you :)