Book of Law Study Group 1.11

Aeon418

These are fools that men adore;

Adore sounds like "a door", which is the menaing of the letter Daleth(4). Manifestation?

both their Gods & their men are fools.

But add the letter of the Gods, Aleph. (a+door)
Aleph(1) + Daleth(4) = Heh(5)

I wonder if there is a connection to the Adorer in verse 21?
Or maybe the "secret door" of the adorations?

Aeon418

Trivia

Looking in my Liber Legis concordance I note that "adore" and all it's variations (Adorer, adorant, adorations) only appears in chapters 1 & 3. It is completely absent in chapter 2.

The intimate sounding "Adorer" and "adorant" are found only in chapter 1. While the more formal "adorations" are reserved for chapter 3.

The word "adore" appears four times in the book. Once in chapter 1 and three times in chapter 3. The context in which the word is used differs with each chapter. In 1:11 it is combined with "fools". In 3:37 it appears three times as part of the adorations.

The word "fool" appears once in each chapter. "Foolish" only in chapter 2. But "fools" crops up six times. Out of the six, four are in chapter 1.

ravenest

If I'm not me, who am I?

Aeon418 said:
Why are so many people unhappy these days? Well what do you expect when people constantly wish they lived like someone else. Looked like someone else. Or actually were someone else.
You are you for a special reason. Why wish to trade places with another? Surely that is the height of folly and a blasphemy against yourself.

OH YEAH! Try working in the film industry :laugh: Once I was asked if I could be anyoneone I wanted to be, who would I be?

Eh ???? strange ... I said, "I'll leave things as they are thanks.". ... And, of course, was not believed.

Ross G Caldwell

ravenest said:
OH YEAH! Try working in the film industry :laugh: Once I was asked if I could be anyoneone I wanted to be, who would I be?

Eh ???? strange ... I said, "I'll leave things as they are thanks.". ... And, of course, was not believed.

I believe you ravenest. Frankly, the only fear I have is to become somebody else (I could qualify that statement, but let's keep it simple). My life is a precious treasure that I cannot imagine one person in millions having. Not too many people would want to trade lives with me, but I can't imagine a better one. Nevertheless, I believe everyone else finds their peace, or at least tries.

But I believe that question, as it is phrased, is wrong. It should be - "If you HAD to be someone else BUT YOURSELF, who would it be?" This makes it a fun challenge, and an exhibition of your values.

One time in a group we were asked that question, among others (like "What bird would you be?"). I considered things like gender, fame, accomplisment, overall goodness and benefits to society, longevity, happiness - I was trying to balance personal with public greatness, as well as the all-important "would I like to BE this person?" "Do I like this person"? -... I came up with Louis XIV (my bird was the Eagle).

One of my colleagues, a humble man, chose Michel Colucci, better known as Coluche (this was a French group). I didn't yet know much about Coluche, but as I learned over the years, I wonder how arrogant they must have thought me.

Ross

ravenest

Perhaps the fools we adore are false projections of our own egos?

Beira

I am perceiving this line as saying that mankind is after fool's conceptions of who is worth to be followed. There is certainly much more to it, but let's explore this.
With the current ways wars and world politics are going, maybe also our idea of having so much control over it through democracy is quite wrong.
Yes, we do have a vote but how many countries (and I think of my poor, torn Italy..) make you choose a candidate or another that are just clean (but empty) faces that will do the bid of the usual fat cats? A lot of times (think of little councils..) both the runners have the same "power" behind them.
Illuminati indeed..
In a sense, if there were a class of truly illuminated people that have actually achieved spiritual illumination, and have been truly educated to the burden of responsibility and love of servics to the community that should lead a true ruler, we would be better of than with this bunch of fake tanned, botoxed and brainless politicians that are just after their share of the cake.
But who's to say?
After digging a bit in the commentaries, I like to pick a concept from Eshelmann (I like him quitte better than Marcelo Motta, but I don't know them besides the commentaries).
He says that the verse can be read as: who worship men is a fool. This actually links theverse with many precedent ones, and continues on the line of taking away our worship from men (celebrities, politicians..) and put it on our Khabs.
This is something positive to do, so I like to keep this verse with this hue for the moment..