Japaridze Tarot

gregory

I shall investigate ! Thanks :)

ETA won't work. Oh well. My train leaves at 10 am....

FLizarraga

Welcome, Steve! :)

That is a wonderful deck. I wish I could go to Paris just for the opening.

Dee Ell

Welcome, Steve! :)

That is a wonderful deck. I wish I could go to Paris just for the opening.

Me too! From what I can see of the deck online, the artist's work reminds me of a mixture of Odilon Redon (my all-time favorite artist), Dali, and Kandinsky -- would love to see these paintings in person!! How large are the original paintings?

Curious Dragon

Wow, those are gorgeous. Not sure I could read with something so abstract, though. I love the idea of naming the suits by their elements. If I had lots of money I'd buy these just to have. Maybe someday.

earthair

Just got my post and WOW, this deck is very special. Beautiful, energetic control of colours and form, and most of these cards offer subtle new interpretations on standard RWS meanings. But the most impressive thing is how so many of the majors (and the Stranger of Winds!) are reversible as art. :) Sturdy box, quality card stock and superb LWB- which is a full colour proper book. Almost too special to read with...

Nina*

I love the art. Almost decided I wanted it. Then I saw the Moon card........................ :bugeyed:

Well.... at least then it's not a problem I can't afford to buy new decks these days.

ImTarot

I am so getting this deck. Put it on my wish list. Hopefully I can get this deck for Christmas.
Some may not like the name changes but I sure do. I have decks with traditional names and non traditional. I wonder about the card stock?

earthair

I am so getting this deck. Put it on my wish list. Hopefully I can get this deck for Christmas.
Some may not like the name changes but I sure do. I have decks with traditional names and non traditional. I wonder about the card stock?

Card stock is thicker than Legacy of Divine, but slightly thinner than Chrysalis if that's any help?! the 80 cards measured in a stack are 3cm exactly.

earthair

I love the art. Almost decided I wanted it. Then I saw the Moon card........................ :bugeyed:

It's even freakier reversed! :D

The only cards I have issue with are 4 fire, 5 fire, 7 winds. It looks like a mis-matched art style compared to the rest of the deck, almost like a different artist painted them. Personally I would have stuck to a basis of acrylics instead of changing medium, especially to gouache+ink. I think the best cards are those she painted on larger 61x35cm canvasses.