Sheridan-Douglas Tarot: new printing

Lee

Alfred Douglas said:
" [...] Then write another book on the Tarot - it's about time you did."

So that is what I plan to do.
Wonderful news! I'll look forward to it with great anticipation.

-- Lee

gregory

Alfred Douglas said:
So that is what I plan to do.
You could start a preorder thread here..... :D I'll buy !

And thanks for not rejigging the book - it always hacks me off to buy a 'new improved' when I have 90% of it already in the original ! (though it is a bit beatup... maybe....)

Alfred Douglas

Tarot book

Don't hold your breath, Lee and Gregory. We have to sell a few Tarot decks to pay the printers first. But I'll post a message when it's about to happen.

PS What's this about the Pennines, Greg? Steady on lad - I'm a West Riding man mesen.

gregory

Alfred Douglas said:
Don't hold your breath, Lee and Gregory. We have to sell a few Tarot decks to pay the printers first. But I'll post a message when it's about to happen.

PS What's this about the Pennines, Greg? Steady on lad - I'm a West Riding man mesen.
Just outside Alston, JUST in Northumberland.... I'm a Bucks born girl myself (though it has since been dragged into Berks.) Within sight of Windsor Castle !

Antonius

I would just like to add to everybodys comments and and say how great it is to hear of Sheridan reprint,although i now finally own one of these decks after a long search,infact i have 2, one is well worn the other mint!.
Just like so many of you my first ever book was The Tarot by Alfred Douglas and it served me well in conjunction with 1jj swiss,back in 1972 as a beginner i would use the black and white images from the book as a memory tool so as to associate pictures to the 1jj swiss plain pip cards (im sure most of you know what i mean) and now at last these images in my mind are in full colour!.
I would be interested to hear if anybody else used this method ???
I will probably buy the reprint just to see how it compares to original as i also collect.
If you love the 70s era decks this is the one to buy!

Lillie

Does one of yours have the purple white mottled backs?

I'm looking to see if anyone else has one like this.

Mine is thinking it is the only one in existance!

And unlike the others it shuffles beautifully with no stick at all.

I just checked your collection list. Nice!
What's your old RWS? A, B or C? I am the proud borrower of a B, in it's box with it's book. cool or what?

And your Llewelly Thoth, USA or Hong Kong Printing?

See, I'm nosey about these things!

Oh, and by the way, Hello, welcome to AT!
Sorry, I should have said that at the beginning.

Fulgour

Antonius said:
I would just like to add to everybodys comments...
Hello :) Antonius! I truly enjoyed your comments...Thanks!

Antonius

Hello again,and hello Lillie, i dont think your being nosey(LOL) i love to talk Tarot,
as for my Sheridan decks they both have the very deep purple backs although the colours are slightly inconsistent (the backs that is) throughout the whole deck,some are slightly darker while others are a little lighter.
As for the stickyness i think this must be an indication of lack of use as the mint ones are a bit sticky,while the well used shuffle perfect.
My Thoth Llewellyn is printed in USA,and as for my pamela coleman......well maybe you could help me here im not sure if its A,B,or C. it comes in its original red box with book which also fits box,the backs are a browny mottled colour.
Oh and going back to sheridan the fool card has an orange sun in both decks.

Lillie

My deck with the mottled backs have a yellow sun, and when compared to the purple backed ones there are some differences in colour tones.

It's nice to know that the stickness goes with use.

I had some sticky ones, and I couldn't shuffle them!, they kept stcking together.
Good to know that it will sort itself out!

The pamela variants can be found on Hollys site.

http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/index.html

The key to it all is the sun card, and the famous 'Oh shit!' line.
It's a great site and will tell you everything you want to know.
Tell us which one you have, when you find out.

Isn't it lovely how the book fits in the box. it's so damn neat.
They don't make them like that anymore!
It's the cutest thing I have ever seen!

(apart from the dog on the sheridan 7 of pents! That just wins the cute of the millenium award.)

Fulgour

Heliotropical Enigma

Lillie said:
The key to it all is the sun card, and the famous 'Oh shit!' line.
This seemingly extra line (a lone squiggle) is on all editions,
except the Mary Hanson-Roberts Universal Colman Smith...

If you add ALL the lines around The Sun itself the number
is very revealing~ and I don't think it was a mistake at all.

Much like how the Sunflowers are all facing towards YOU!