The General Principles of Astrology

Aeon418

It's expensive because it's a big, high quality hardback.

Would it help you to understand the astrological aspects of the Thoth deck? Yes, but no more so than any other good book on astrology would.

You might be able to pick up the earlier editions for much less. The once famous American astrologer, Evangeline Adams, collaborated with Crowley on an astrology book. Unfortunately she stole all of Crowley's notes and published them under her own name, boosting her reputation in the process.

Astrology, Your Place in the Sun. (1927)
Astrology, Your Place Among the Stars. (1930)

kwaw

Aeon418 said:
Unfortunately she stole all of Crowley's notes and published them under her own name, boosting her reputation in the process.

Astrology, Your Place in the Sun. (1927)
Astrology, Your Place Among the Stars. (1930)

My understanding was he was paid a fee as 'ghost' writer? That not right?

Aeon418

kwaw said:
My understanding was he was paid a fee as 'ghost' writer? That not right?
The arrangements surrounding the Crowley - Adams collaboration are few and far between. Crowley tells us little and Adams doesn't even mention Crowley once. Some people have theorised that Crowley was paid as a ghost writer, but there is no evidence at all that this was case. What is known is that Crowley had the use of a place called Adams Cottage while he was writing material for the book and his comments in chp.77 of the Confessions:
I dined at Cosegrave's house one night. He had asked Evangeline Adams to meet me as being a famous astrologer. The meeting led to a lengthy association. She wanted me to write a book on astrology for her. The plan failed through her persistent efforts to cheat me out of the profits, and her obstinate ignorance of the elementary facts of nature combined with an unconquerable antagonism to the principles of applying common sense to the science.
Crowley didn't even realise that his notes had been published until 1936. His letters of complaint to Adams' publishers still exist in archive.

The OTO currently hold joint copyright with the Adams estate.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Would it help you to understand the astrological aspects of the Thoth deck? Yes, but no more so than any other good book on astrology would.

Have you read it Aeon?
No? .... Okay.

Yes? .... prepare yourself for an avalanche of Ravenesque astroloogical questions. ;) (eg. Is it 'normal' astrology. tropical, sidereal, based on the G.D. astrology etc etc blah blah)

(I dont think I've heard of this book before?)

All Is One

Nothing to do with anything

I am a scorpio with a gemini rising and I waste my life writing poetry (with a leo moon )

What would you do?????

7Nica7nor7

seduce a madam

All Is One said:
I am a scorpio with a gemini rising and I waste my life writing poetry (with a leo moon )

What would you do?????

If you really have wasted your life writing poetry, you must be good at it.
If you are not good at it, then you should study deeply on the masters.
Then make a life out of it.

You may seduce a madam that has lots of money with one of your poems.
or you can write books, teach poetry, read a book on the park on a loud and characteristic estrange poetic voice. or sale radio and tv commercials. lol

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Have you read it Aeon?
No? .... Okay.
Yes? .... prepare yourself for an avalanche of Ravenesque astroloogical questions. ;)
Fire away to your hearts content. :D
The book covers tropical astrology.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Fire away to your hearts content. :D
The book covers tropical astrology.

Ah , it's about 'astrology' and you said it might help to understand the astrology in the Thoth deck ... I got it wrong, i thought the book was ABOUT THE ASTROLOGY USED IN the thoth deck, which to my understanding is not tropical but based on the G.D. system, attributing parts of constellations (off the ecliptic) to cards, as well as ecliptic constellations (part of Pegasus, part of Hercules, etc)

Thought I was on to a possible solution that has been bugging me for a while ... but no ... RATS!

However if any one knows what I am on about (in this specific area) ... fire away !

Aeon418

ravenest said:
and you said it might help to understand the astrology in the Thoth deck
Yes I did. But I also said it would help no more than any other good book on astrology would. ;)