Christmas Tarot

Morwenna

I like the images on the gamecrafter Christmas deck but wonder if the images were just arbitrarily assigned to the cards? ie. the 10 of swords image looks like it should have been used on the 10 of disks. What do others think?

That was my thought too. Otherwise, very pretty! Because of that 10, I'll be up in the air for awhile.

VGimlet

I will probably be getting this at some point, even if it isn't a reading deck.

One wonders how many of the swords could even be done, especially in a deck using gentle. nostalgic imagery. :p

tarotbear

One wonders how many of the swords could even be done, especially in a deck using gentle, nostalgic imagery. :p

Maybe with some illustrations from some of Hans Christian Anderson's delightful stories such as 'The Little Match Girl' where she freezes to death on Christmas Eve ... ? })

ctrymaus

Maybe with some illustrations from some of Hans Christian Anderson's delightful stories such as 'The Little Match Girl' where she freezes to death on Christmas Eve ... ? })

That's actually one of the images in the Snowland Deck! I forget which card, as I do not have my deck to hand, but it's there!

CountryMouse

RavenTree

Still holding out

Looking over these decks I'm still not ready to bite. I LONG for the perfect Christmas/Winter deck to be made. Surely someone will tackle it!<whispers overloud so seven stars will hear> :)

ctrymaus

A Christmas Tarot mini-review

This is the one from Gamecrafters. I got mine today. I love the Victorian artwork, and the card stock is nice. The cards are slightly larger than regular playing cards. But I don't know how readable this deck will be.

As far as I can tell, there is no LWB or downloadable file for meanings. It seems that stockings are swords, candles are wands, berries are pentacles, and cups are cups. But intuiting the cards is going to be hard. It would really be nice to know what the creator of the deck had in mind with each picture.

Also, although the card backs are pretty, they are not reversible. This is not a problem for me, but others might not care for this.

If you absolutely love Victorian and/or Christmas artwork, this will be nice for your collection. I haven't actually tried reading with it yet, but it maybe *could* be made to work as a daily draw deck or an oracle deck.

I'm not sorry I got it, because I love Victorian Christmas pictures--I'll be happy to have it for the season. :)

CountryMouse