Styles of Lenormands you prefer

ana luisa

I do love the images and the style but what REALLY sold me visually was the DOG card. It seems SO happy and content and, of course, I am a dog fanatic :)

MoonGypsy

spelling, etc. :) i typed too quickly...

i was happily able to find the Mertz set on USA Amazon!

i had written to the Marketplace Sellers [The Stork Group in MD] and asked if it included the cards; i heard back from them this morning, and YES it is a [German] book and 36 card set. So i ordered it. :)

BTW, the Stork Group has 3 more left! ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/351706775X/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Evidently, a couple more peeps must have decided to go for it, as there is only one left in the Stork Group Marketplace seller. [ in the USA] and they have raised the price to $73 something.

The cheaper priced ones are based in Germany.

greatdane

I see why people love the Mertz

Being so new, I am trying to not go crazy and it's not too hard maybe because I'm new. I got the Berenika decks, Mysteries of the Old Castle and the Lilac and Cherry Twilight because they are fairly limited and I could still (barely lol) afford them. I can't spend a ton on decks. I am also getting the Gina di Roberto lenormand oracle again and hope this time the printing is good. And that's my start....There are so lovely ones I see out there that will be published before the end of the year or early next and I will see how I feel then about adding to my small collection. Now on to actually reading :).....

greatdane

Lenormand Oracle by Gina di Roberto

THIS is a style I really love. It's the vintage look but without the inserts and today I got a new copy from Book Depo. The last time was a couple years ago and BAD printing and well the backs weren't so great. THIS ONE IS MUCH BETTER! So yes, this is definitely one of my favorite styles. Old classic without inserts, rare. For 8 dollars inc shipping, I'm thrilled, this is definitely a keeper.

ana luisa

THIS is a style I really love. It's the vintage look but without the inserts and today I got a new copy from Book Depo. The last time was a couple years ago and BAD printing and well the backs weren't so great. THIS ONE IS MUCH BETTER! So yes, this is definitely one of my favorite styles. Old classic without inserts, rare. For 8 dollars inc shipping, I'm thrilled, this is definitely a keeper.

And you'll be glad to know that it reads like a charm. :) Although not visually elaborate, it is one of the most talkative and clearest Lenormand decks I own.

greatdane

oh I believe you Ana Luisa! :)

I really loved it before, it was the horrid print quality. Now I really love it because I'm not distracted by the double lines of the old one I had. I love the simplicity, the style. Now I have this one, the Mysteries of the Old Castle (which I plan to use for Fall and Halloween) and the Lilac and Cherry Twilight. I think I'm good for starting at least :).

greatdane

Vintage German Lenormand by seven stars

OH WOW. It's like the Lenormand Oracle, same basic images, but so much better! I LOVE the cardstock. And it's really not expensive. This and the Lilac Twilight are my two go to lenormand decks now.

heron

Revolution mini

My Revolution Lenormand mini arrived this morning from Ohm Sweet Ohm, and I have to say it's as near perfect as d****t. It's so cute and delicate and detailed and textural and atmospheric and evocative for me of the Revolution period. Plus the included alternative versions of various cards are fun to have. And it's SO mini that I can do a GT spread just by clearing clutter from a corner of the coffee table.

Whether I'll ever learn to read "properly" with it is another matter, but I shall try. Can hardly wait to get those "Philippe" meanings memorized. It does have playing card symbols but they are inconspicuous unless you look for them. And no verses.

It was pricey but not exorbitantly so (@ £20-ish) and well worth it.

Seraphina

Hi Heron, I have the Lenormand Revolution, not in the mini size though that was out of stock, I've had it a while now and I think it's style is gorgeous!
I haven't used it yet, as I'm learning with another deck, but I will at some point... I think £20-ish is very good price!