Help with a reading? I'm having trouble with one of the "outcome" sets

Sordim

I decided to give myself a reading, but I'm very novice in general which is only amplified by the fact that I'm completely new to reading the Thoth deck.

The spread had 5 groups of three cards. The center group was the situation at hand. Or more specifically the center card was the situation and the two on either side augmented the situation. On the lower right was the karmmic influence on the situation/me myself, while the lower right was the stressors or psychological aspect of the reading. The top right and left are the future. If they are opposed then the right is the natural progression while the left path would require action to fullfill. It appears though that they are in sync so I'm reading this as the left augmenting the right.

Just as a warning if you don't pick it up, I've posted the cards left-to-right except for the center, where I put the center (more important) first.
As I've been feeling a little lonely lately the question I asked was "What can I do to be happy with my relationship status."

Everything was going good until I got to the future part. Everything there seems like a mess.

Center:
Center: The Aeon
Left: Hermit
Right: Queen of Disks

I'm not surprised to see the Aeon here as I've been pulling her frequently. This has been getting frustrating as I feel she has a harder to grasp concept. Considering I've been doing a good amount of soul-seeking lately I feel she is telling me that I'm about to make some kind of transformation, or that now is the time to ask. I feel that this soul-seeking is nicely present in the hermit, but I'm confused as to the Queen of Disks. Maybe she's the kind of girl I've been looking for?

Bottom Right:
Left: The Universe
Middle: Prince of Cups
Right: Fortune

The Universe is making me feel like it's telling me that karma is going to be nice to me, and I feel like this is also shown through with the Prince of Cups representing me (I am a male Scorpio). Fortune here shows a trifecta. I feel this is telling me that I'm on the right path and am perusing things for the right reason and that my efforts are going to be paying off soon...

Bottom Left:
Left: Futility (7 of Swords)
Center: Works (3 of Disks)
Right: Knight of Swords

I'm torn here. Lately I've been more outgoing and putting in the work to maintain relationships with friends and coworkers. Though it has been feeling like I've been working for little to show as I'm afraid I may have missed my window in maintaining a good number of friends as I've hit a point in my life when many of my friends are moving away.
On the other hand I'm really hard on myself and often find myself trying to claw out of bouts of depression. Not sure which one to read into here

Top Right:
Left: Ruin (10 of Swords)
Center: Victory (6 of Wands)
Right: Satiety (10 of Cups)

This is the start of my struggles to read this spread. When I first flipped ruin I read that as linking with futility and telling me that I'm progressing down the wrong road. Then I flipped success and satiety. Right now I'm reading this as telling me that if I follow the raod I'm on I'll find what I'm looking for, but it will be at a great cost.

Top Left:
Right: Cruelty (9 of Swords)
Middle: Interference (8 of Swords)
Right: The Devil

The joy of "negative" cards. Right now I'm reading this as I'm bouding myself to addiction and am not looking in the right place. Though Cruelty with Interference is possibly meaning that I'm in for some struggles with an outside influence. Then how do I link The Devil?

danielnogo

Have you ever considered that the cards are telling you to learn to love yourself and learn to be satisfied as the hermit?

Sordim

I've thought a lot of things. I was more interested in figuring out what it was saying and why than anything else.

Fianic

Situation at hand:
Center: The Aeon
Left: Hermit
Right: Queen of Disks

You need some quiet self reflection to make some progress.

Karmic influences:
Left: The Universe
Middle: Prince of Cups
Right: Fortune

You hold a lot of resentment from the past, and you need to turn that around with some optimism.

Stressors:
Left: Futility (7 of Swords)
Center: Works (3 of Disks)
Right: Knight of Swords

You're being way too impatient with your development. Trying to rush things would be a wasted effort.

Natural progression:
Left: Ruin (10 of Swords)
Center: Victory (6 of Wands)
Right: Satiety (10 of Cups)

You'll be able to successfully move on. Mentally and emotionally.

Alternate future:
Left: Cruelty (9 of Swords)
Middle: Interference (8 of Swords)
Right: The Devil

This feels more like advice to me than anything else. Don't worry or obsess too much about it. You'll just be hindering yourself.

Hope that helps.

lightrailcoyote

I agree with others' take on this. I think this reading is mostly reflecting back to you your own anxieties (the Cruelty card) and pain that's from the past.

How you phrase questions can be tricky and the cards are sometimes clever with our questions. You asked "How can I be happy with my relationship status?" and the cards said "Here's how you can be happy, period."

Good luck!

Sordim

Thank you for your help.

I'm curious as to how you (Fianic) read the Natural Progression and Situation at hand. Your other interpretations I can get how you linked them together but I'm at a lose for those two sets. Your interpretation makes a lot of sense but I'm having trouble connecting the lines from point a to b.