Hearing Crowley's voice

lightrailcoyote

Years ago, I went on a trip to England with a rather odd itinerary. I was to be spending about a week wandering Cornwall, so I made sure to arrange a stop to the Boscastle Witch Museum. I don't remember a lot about the museum except they had a recording of Crowley doing an invocation that you could listen to. I was really surprised by his voice. I am not sure if there are other recordings out there now, but this was a nice treat, even if he didn't have a booming, commanding bass like I had hoped.

Placebo Scotsman

If you use studio production equipment to lower the pitch of his voice a tad you can get him to sound a bit like Winston Churchill.

I know of one rock group that resampled so him for a song of theirs

Otherwise it's more like Truman Capote with a British accent

Israel Regardie's discipleship to Crowley ended when he started a letter to Megatherion with "Alice, you bitch"

Recordings of his voice would get released on small runs of cassette tapes and CD's every so often but not by any major label

ravenest

If you use studio production equipment to lower the pitch of his voice a tad you can get him to sound a bit like Winston Churchill.

Crowley ? Like Winston Churchill ???

Get out of here! :laugh:

http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/VolumeV/jpg/crowley_parodying_churchilO.jpg

I know of one rock group that resampled so him for a song of theirs

Otherwise it's more like Truman Capote with a British accent

Israel Regardie's discipleship to Crowley ended when he started a letter to Megatherion with "Alice, you bitch"

Do you know why he wrote that ? The old boy WAS being an absolute bitch to Israel (in more ways than one ;) ).

ravenest

Ethnic .... 'humour' ? Like in Magick Without Tears Ch 73 ?

Zephyros

Ethnic .... 'humour' ? Like in Magick Without Tears Ch 73 ?

For example. Still, as with many things Crowley, I have a hard time nailing down what exactly he thought about anything. He says, somewhere, some things that go against what he says in MWT, although I can't remember where.

ravenest

There were various reasons for that.

Aeon418

He says, somewhere, some things that go against what he says in MWT, although I can't remember where.
Like the objective nature of the HGA in MWT compared with Crowley's more subjective stance in the scholion to Liber Samekh?

Zephyros

Like the objective nature of the HGA in MWT compared with Crowley's more subjective stance in the scholion to Liber Samekh?

Close, but I meant about Jews. :)