Have you ever used a pendulum?

Libra289

For the first time last night, I lit a candle and called upon my inner guide to help me make a tough decision. I used a pendulum and 3 tarot cards per option and was stunned with the results.

It was about an offer I have been given, the cards and pendulum showed that it is infact a great opportunity for me. However, the pendulum told me not to act and that I also won't receive any news from the offer ... but that I will indeed GET that particular offer in the end.

How is that so? I wasn't influencing the pendulum by being biased as the options and cards were covered/face down.

Libra289

Any ideas?

closerwalking

Back a while ago, I was going through a year long training in Breathwork. and we were taught to use the pendulum to get guidance such how long to have a person do the different phases. I had a strange experience during that time. At the time I was renting rooms in my home and had two women living with me, that I did not know very well. I was sitting downstairs exploring using the pendulum. and one of the women stormed downstairs accusing the other woman of stealing something in her room. The other woman denied this. In a quandary, I used the pendulum to discern which woman was telling the truth. I asked about the accused woman first, my gut instincts were that she was innocent. The pendulum starting swinging in harmony with my gut instincts, but then suddenly the accuser flew downstairs again, still agitated. and suddenly my pendulum started swinging the other way. I realize in hindsight that the pendulum was communicating to me about the woman entering the room. At the time, I thought the woman's energy had taken over control of the pendulum and that the message coming through was her belief, which made me question the validity of using pendulum. I think it is a very interesting too and that it is valuable to clarify who or what one wants to communicate with, realize that it is neutral tool in a sense and will pick up, communicate the strongest influence in its field. it is a bit like learning a different way to communicate and esp. while learning this, it is helpful to check in and make sure one is interpreting correctly. also helpful to discern difference between ones own hopes and wishes, versus inner truth. also discern the difference, ie recognize the voice of the guide versus the voice of hopes and wishes, that can drown out the voice of the guide.

Libra289

Back a while ago, I was going through a year long training in Breathwork. and we were taught to use the pendulum to get guidance such how long to have a person do the different phases. I had a strange experience during that time. At the time I was renting rooms in my home and had two women living with me, that I did not know very well. I was sitting downstairs exploring using the pendulum. and one of the women stormed downstairs accusing the other woman of stealing something in her room. The other woman denied this. In a quandary, I used the pendulum to discern which woman was telling the truth. I asked about the accused woman first, my gut instincts were that she was innocent. The pendulum starting swinging in harmony with my gut instincts, but then suddenly the accuser flew downstairs again, still agitated. and suddenly my pendulum started swinging the other way. I realize in hindsight that the pendulum was communicating to me about the woman entering the room. At the time, I thought the woman's energy had taken over control of the pendulum and that the message coming through was her belief, which made me question the validity of using pendulum. I think it is a very interesting too and that it is valuable to clarify who or what one wants to communicate with, realize that it is neutral tool in a sense and will pick up, communicate the strongest influence in its field. it is a bit like learning a different way to communicate and esp. while learning this, it is helpful to check in and make sure one is interpreting correctly. also helpful to discern difference between ones own hopes and wishes, versus inner truth. also discern the difference, ie recognize the voice of the guide versus the voice of hopes and wishes, that can drown out the voice of the guide.

Thank you, but it's so hard to separate what you expect and what is truth. There have been times when I've used tarot and tried to stay objective and had a horrible reading for myself ... only to find that the situation is actually a lot more positive.

Maybe I should meditate before readings :)

APT

I've tried using a pendulum several times and it's a no go for me. I have no idea why, but I can't get it to work. It won't move! I've tried several times, with two different pendulums but no dice. I take that to mean I am just not meant to use this method. I know it works brilliantly for others, though.

Libra289

I've tried using a pendulum several times and it's a no go for me. I have no idea why, but I can't get it to work. It won't move! I've tried several times, with two different pendulums but no dice. I take that to mean I am just not meant to use this method. I know it works brilliantly for others, though.

I handed my sister my pendulum to use. When I asked it to show me 'yes' and 'no' it worked...then when my sister tried it wouldn't budge :p

SunChariot

For the first time last night, I lit a candle and called upon my inner guide to help me make a tough decision. I used a pendulum and 3 tarot cards per option and was stunned with the results.

It was about an offer I have been given, the cards and pendulum showed that it is infact a great opportunity for me. However, the pendulum told me not to act and that I also won't receive any news from the offer ... but that I will indeed GET that particular offer in the end.

How is that so? I wasn't influencing the pendulum by being biased as the options and cards were covered/face down.

I don't think anyone knows how any kind of divination works for sure. But it does.

In answer to the other question, I tried for a long time to learn the pendulum. I never got good at it. Once I got it to tell me the timing of something, to within a 3 minute timeframe and it was right.

But normally I am not good with pendulums. I can't keep my mind out of it as I am sitting there tryign to see where it is going to move, whatever answer I hope for will be in my mind and affect which way it swings.

With cards I can keep my mind out of it, but not with the pendulum.

I tried a good 6 months to get it to be accurate for me. Until I gave up and realized it was not a good tool for me.

Babs

Sibylline

For years, I owned a pendulum that didn't budge at all. I never got around to giving it away. So get this...

Within the last 2 months, it started working. I have no explanation why it suddenly started to work for me (with great results). The only thing I can think of is that my spirit guides decided to communicate with me via the pendulum. In fact, I get the feeling that they find it a fun exercise.

To avoid biased pendulum readings, I always say out loud that only my spirit guides are allowed to move the pendulum. That seems to help.

Cenozoic

I always feel a strong tug when I use a pendulum, and they'd usually either spin or do a line (back and forth) motion. The readings are fun, but I find that my arm does get tired from holding it up for so long while trying to be ever so patient with it. I even find myself holding my breath trying to not affect the direction of the pull. But I haven't used a pendulum in a while.

APT

I handed my sister my pendulum to use. When I asked it to show me 'yes' and 'no' it worked...then when my sister tried it wouldn't budge :p

Your sister and I are in the same, non-moving boat. :laugh: