No more decks for me for a while :(

Barleywine

One thing that's helped me engage with my current decks and stop looking for new stimulants is interacting with the Your Readings forum. I get to pull out the decks used by the posters there - if I happen to have them - and use them to help interpret the target cards or spread. These are often decks I haven't taken out in a very long time. If I don't have a deck, I use both the RWS and the Thoth (my standby), honing my experience in combining cards every time.

Clockwork Ghost

Thanks for all the replies, I only just found this thread again and saw there were three pages of them ;)

Yeah, I went into my cupboard and pulled all the decks out and started sorting them. Pulled out ten that I'd like to start using, and have begun just holding them, reading them, and getting a feel for the imagery. One of the decks I discarded for use was my H.R. Giger Baphomet deck - it's the silver lined limited edition copy, and is signed by the artist, so I'd prefer to keep it in mint condition. The deck also has always disturbed me - it's simply not a tarot deck. For one thing, it's just the majors, and the images don't match the cards. It's ridiculously pretty, but I think it would work better for magick than for tarot.

I'll update my profile with my new favourites once I've whittled the ten down to maybe six.

Richard

I buy only about one deck a year. My most recent purchase was a disappointment because, although the art was sublime, the printing got the colors wrong. All my negative experiences have made me less eager to get caught up in the herd instinct to buy the latest and greatest. My bank account thanks me. :livelong: