DECK OF THE MONTH: MARCH

merissa_88

Hi everyone!

Theme TBA (if anyone has an idea, let me know)

Please feel free to join me and I'll add your name, deck, and "project" for the month!

Feel free to post readings in this forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

WELCOME!

Please post a comment to include the deck or decks you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread. It belongs to all of us!

Most importantly, have fun!

*** WHEN POSTING ABOUT YOUR DECKS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR DECK(S) THAT YOU ARE USING ON THE "TITLE" LINE FOR EASY REFERENCE***
MaryHeather:The Secret Language of Tarot and Cosmic Tarot
Rose Lalonde: Daniloff Tarot
merissa_88: Xultun Tarot and Tarot: History,Symbolism, and Divination
Chrystella: Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot
Clockwork Ghost: Fallen Angels Oracle

MaryHeather

On tap for March- Language of Tarot and Tarot of a Moon Garden

I've slowly been working my way through The Secret Language of Tarot, by Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone. It's a lot to digest, but I'd like to finish it this month. That means more time with my Universal Waite deck.

Despite the purchase of 3 new decks in one week, I'm really feeling drawn to Tarot of a Moon Garden for my daily personal readings.

I think these are doable. I think.

closerwalking

I'd like to join this and work with Vision Quest Tarot deck. Sorry I am new to this deck and am realizing that I need to work with this deck alone for right now. So am withdrawing from this thread. I may join with a different deck later on.

Rose Lalonde

Daniloff Tarot

I'd like to join with the Daniloff. I've rounded the corners, so I'm ready to get my hands on them. Many of my decks aren't based on RWS, so this will be a chance for me to touch base again with that style of reading. Also, I'm interested in the way the Daniloff is done in a style similar to Medieval Romanesque art and has a staged theatricality (masks, puppet limbs) -- a combination that seems to carve out a more formal space for readings than I'm used to.

merissa_88

Welcome MaryHeather! I've never heard of "The Secret Language of Tarot". I'll have to check it out.

merissa_88

I'd like to join with the Daniloff. I've rounded the corners, so I'm ready to get my hands on them. Also, I'm interested in the way the Daniloff is done in a style similar to Medieval Romanesque art and has a staged theatricality (masks, puppet limbs) -- a combination that seems to carve out a more formal space for readings than I'm used to.

That deck reminded me so much of an historical deck, but it's modern. I wonder if the puppet imagery makes it more "psychological"?

merissa_88

Mythic Tarot

I finally have chosen a deck for the month, although I'll probably be cheating a little with the Xultun.

The Mythic is one of those decks that I have put off studying for years. I'm glad I've finally started working with it. Tonight I'll start reading the Robert Place book.

Rose Lalonde

That deck reminded me so much of an historical deck, but it's modern. I wonder if the puppet imagery makes it more "psychological"?

For me, yes, in that it creates a sense of distance and the impression that the deck is something to be thoughtfully analyzed. (I don't mean that in a dry way. The Daniloff seems kind of like seeing a play at a grand theatre with a procenium stage, where you're more reminded by distance and by the frame or curtains around the set that you're watching a play than you would be if you went to a small theatre with a thrust stage where you're right up on the action.)

I finally have chosen a deck for the month, although I'll probably be cheating a little with the Xultun.

The Mythic is one of those decks that I have put off studying for years. I'm glad I've finally started working with it. Tonight I'll start reading the Robert Place book.

I'll be curious to read any updates. I had a huge facination with Greek mythology back (too many years ago) in middle and high school. (I don't have the Mythic, or any other deck by Place, but I've ordered his Alchemical 4th.)

Chrystella

I'm new to this. Is the purpose of this thread just to share our monthly projects? Is there anything else to it?

I recently purchased Paul Huson's amazing Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot and I'm working with it this month. I began with a deck interview and have been doing a single-card daily draw. I can tell this decks wants more more more! I love its energy. Already a favourite.

Rose Lalonde

I recently purchased Paul Huson's amazing Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot and I'm working with it this month. I began with a deck interview and have been doing a single-card daily draw. I can tell this decks wants more more more! I love its energy. Already a favourite.

Dame Fortune's Wheel is one of my favorite decks too. :) Often I don't have the same decks as those being posted about here - not suprising with so many decks out there! - but DFW is one of the decks I've learned the most from.

If you haven't already seen it, Huson has a free, extended LWB that goes into more detail than the one that comes with the deck. The pdf can be downloaded here. A little of ithe intro covers ground he talks about in Mystical Origins of the Tarot, but most of it is more deck specific.