To senior members questions about ethics and evil/negative?

Padma

Its like the more I respond the more they get attached

That is the thing - don't respond!!! And then they do not attach :)

ETA as has been said here, try not to get personally involved with your sitters. Do the reading and move on. Have strong boundaries in place, rules for yourself and your sitters, and insist they be respected, or refuse to read. If someone is too negative for you to read, then tell them you will read some other time for them - don't be specific - or say you cannot read for them that day - and leave it at that.

Barleywine

Vampires ... omg I got like a ton of them. Like fly on honey. I cant seem to get rid of them either. Its like the more I respond the more they get attached.

Do you ever as cards how you can protect yorself from the so called friends. And if you ever taken the advice, how successfull were you at stoping them?

Not for myself, but I did for my wife. The advice of the reading was to cut off communication with the individual. After a few unanswered phone calls and unreturned messages over a period of a couple of months, that person got the point and gave up. Fortunately she was too far away to just drop in. Since we moved away from the suburbs and into the woods, we don't often encounter the problem.

earthair

This is towards the senior members of tarot reading community:
1. When you meet a person whith negative energy/aura. What is your belief in what has cause this? I mean do you belive in evil spirits/demons?

I think of people like cups full of energy. Everyone has good and bad days when their cup is full of different amounts of different energies. But some people have more dark energy than naturally fits in them, or worse, seem to be all empty cup with no energy at all. I don't believe in evil spirits, just imbalance or absence of energy.

2. Would you read for this or about this person if you are asked? Or would you tell them to leave.

After having had some bad experiences in this area, I probably would not go near them.
If I thought they were being deliberately hostile then I might call them on it, and ask them to tone it down.

3. Have you ever read for someone and the reading was telling you there is someone extreamly negative/within vicinity of this person. Do you read into details of this somone or you just advice to distance them from this individual?

Yes. Unless it's their significant other, then I think you've got to dig deeper and offer possible solutions, not just say 'stay away' :neutral:

4. If you do belive in daemons, would you pull cards into the details of this being or just leave it alone?

Thank you for response. :)

I don't, and it hasn't ever happened...

bluelagune

That is the thing - don't respond!!! And then they do not attach :)

ETA as has been said here, try not to get personally involved with your sitters. Do the reading and move on. Have strong boundaries in place, rules for yourself and your sitters, and insist they be respected, or refuse to read. If someone is too negative for you to read, then tell them you will read some other time for them - don't be specific - or say you cannot read for them that day - and leave it at that.

Thank you. I doubt ill be able to just say no. Im too much of a people pleaser but saying some other time sounds respectful.

bluelagune

Not for myself, but I did for my wife. The advice of the reading was to cut off communication with the individual. After a few unanswered phone calls and unreturned messages over a period of a couple of months, that person got the point and gave up. Fortunately she was too far away to just drop in. Since we moved away from the suburbs and into the woods, we don't often encounter the problem.

What questions do you ask of tarot when the person is gone but the enrgy remains?
and if you ever read in these cases, what advice was given?

bluelagune

[earthair]I think of people like cups full of energy. Everyone has good and bad days when their cup is full of different amounts of different energies. But some people have more dark energy than naturally fits in them, or worse, seem to be all empty cup with no energy at all. I don't believe in evil spirits, just imbalance or absence of energy.

(Blue) well, I do understand this and agree with this but sometimes the energy is so bad, I sometimes wonder if there is something worst.

[Earthair] After having had some bad experiences in this area, I probably would not go near them.
If I thought they were being deliberately hostile then I might call them on it, and ask them to tone it down.

(Blue) iv seen a readed about three years ago, when I started telling her how much bad things were in my life and how many issues I was having, her mood changed. But now looking back, where did I get all this negative energy?

(Earthair) Yes. Unless it's their significant other, then I think you've got to dig deeper and offer possible solutions, not just say 'stay away' :neutral:
(Blue) hm thanks

VGimlet

1. When you meet a person with negative energy/aura. What is your belief in what has cause this? I mean do you believe in evil spirits/demons?
I do not believe in evil spirits or demons. I do believe people can have negative attitudes or actions which give them a kind of negative energy. I have also seen this kind of energy change in several people. Negative to positive (and also the other way.)

2. Would you read for this or about this person if you are asked? Or would you tell them to leave. I have never run across someone who had such negative energy I wouldn't read for them, but I did read for someone once when my gut instinct said "don't do it" and I regretted it. He was a jerk about it afterward. I wasn't being paid, I volunteered to read at a party, and his reading has been my only really negative experience reading cards.

3. Have you ever read for someone and the reading was telling you there is someone extreamly negative/within vicinity of this person. Do you read into details of this somone or you just advice to distance them from this individual? I have done a few readings for people and have warned them to be careful in their dealings with the person. One was with money, one was with cheating, and I guess there have been a few others over the years. I do try to be detailed when the cards give me detailed information.

4. If you do belive in daemons, would you pull cards into the details of this being or just leave it alone I don't believe in demons, but if I DID I might try to get more information if needed. I don't feel spirits would care what I'm doing with my little cards.

bluelagune

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
In my personal experience Ive met some negative energy people. However, when I cut them off, it seems to set them off even more. They seem to latch on for dear life. I wondered what makes me so attractive. This is just regular life. However, considering reading proffesionally Im conserned Ill end up attracting these types of people. The evil spirits idea Im thinking puting up protection but if these negative energy people are drawn to me, there is nothing really I can do.

1. When you meet a person with negative energy/aura. What is your belief in what has cause this? I mean do you believe in evil spirits/demons?
I do not believe in evil spirits or demons. I do believe people can have negative attitudes or actions which give them a kind of negative energy. I have also seen this kind of energy change in several people. Negative to positive (and also the other way.)

2. Would you read for this or about this person if you are asked? Or would you tell them to leave. I have never run across someone who had such negative energy I wouldn't read for them, but I did read for someone once when my gut instinct said "don't do it" and I regretted it. He was a jerk about it afterward. I wasn't being paid, I volunteered to read at a party, and his reading has been my only really negative experience reading cards.

3. Have you ever read for someone and the reading was telling you there is someone extreamly negative/within vicinity of this person. Do you read into details of this somone or you just advice to distance them from this individual? I have done a few readings for people and have warned them to be careful in their dealings with the person. One was with money, one was with cheating, and I guess there have been a few others over the years. I do try to be detailed when the cards give me detailed information.

4. If you do belive in daemons, would you pull cards into the details of this being or just leave it alone I don't believe in demons, but if I DID I might try to get more information if needed. I don't feel spirits would care what I'm doing with my little cards.

closerwalking

I grew up in environment full of people who hated themselves and were poor, drunk etc. not all of them but you get the picture. I did not want to believe the world I was in, so I created a fantasy world. But the dark things kept pulling me down. I resisted this for a long time and then surrendered to this. entering dark night of the soul. exploring this Jungian way. Learning a lot about shadow world in the process. I believe that folks can be under the influence of discordant thoughts, beliefs and emotions. and in some instances this can take over them, be the dominant thing controlling them. But I also believe that everyone has a true self that is whole and good. and that everyone has Help available to them. I'm not necessarily the one ideally suited to help them but there is help out there somewhere for them, when they are ready. I used to be attracted to and attract to me, all those dark type folks, but the more I befriend my own darkness, the more this is shifting. It has been my experience that whatever I am working on, I attract those sort of folks to me. sometimes gifts show up in strange packages. I'd say if these sort of folks are being attracted to you, then find what part of you is similar to them and befriend it. then that hole closes.

gregory

I don't read for money - but I will read for anyone unless they actually frighten me. OR unless I am certain (and it's often not easy to tell !) that they have some degree of mental illness which means I could do more harm than good.

I don't worry about their dark forces, negative auras or whatever - they can handle those. There's no reason they should affect me - so no, I don't use any kind of "protection" either. My intent is good enough to deal with that side of things. As far as "reading into the negative" goes, I don't really know what is meant by that - but I use dark decks a lot and they don't seem to adversely affect me or my sitter.