"Defacing" Decks

nisaba

sapienza said:
I just couldn't work with the 'blondeness' of the deck and had to try SOMETHING.
<darkly> You *do* understand that now that you've removed the surface blondness, the deck's real nature will go underground and it will develop a strong Inner Blonde? Can you live with that? Now, as I see it, you have two choices: binning it ... or sending it to someone undeserving ...

<suddenly glances around OMG - I'm missing my weekly dose of thrilling televised lawn bowls for THIS???

sapienza

I have to state here that I really have no issue with blondes. It's just that unless you live in the Nordic countries this deck just isn't representative of the general population. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

grailmaiden

I really like the black borders sapienza - makes the images more lively.

grailmaiden

shamoness said:
I hated my Universal Waite and my Radient Waite. So I distressed them with a small sanding block. Then I stained them with walnut dye. I distressed the edges as well and let the dye seep in.

I can´t imagine how this looks - very original idea. Do you have any images you could post?

canid

I wrote very small on the backs of my Sybilla oracle deck the corresponding tarot(s) cards. The backs look like a regular playing deck, all those swirls & stuff so it's not noticeable unless you're looking closely. Other than that, I'm trim happy.

Stormdancer

lark said:
>Drew a pair of shorts on the Ten of Pentacles from the World Spirit deck...oh, and also a wreath of flowers on the bottom of the woman in the Devil card...sheesh a little to avaliable she was.

OOOhhh....I did this too, but the woman in the Devil card is kinda sorta wearing a skirt. Wish I could figure out something to fix the Sun baby...he is just too freaky for me....maybe take an eraser to the face???

Stormdancer

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
Yes, sometimes I think the hair colouring was really a bit of madness in some ways. I just couldn't work with the 'blondeness' of the deck and had to try SOMETHING. It worked really well for me, but I can understand it would be quite unnecessary for a more balanced individual :laugh:

What a hilarious story! And I have to confess, the scans made me laugh, but in a nice way! I mean, you can obliterate the blondness, but not the "smiliness". Unless of course you blacked a few teeth out too. I know of course what you mean about the Robin Wood, and I can understand why you did it.

It's like dressing Paris Hilton up as a Druid and somehow thinking it's Pagan...

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
It's like dressing Paris Hilton up as a Druid and somehow thinking it's Pagan...
<grin> And there was me, all these years, thinking Paris was the Arch-Druidess of the World.

gregory

When you say deface.... what exactly constitutes.....

I know someone who has coloured her Ironwing. It looks stunning..... and someone else who is in the process of colouring her Astrotarot (more understandable.)

Rev_Vesta

Hi.... I have had lots of laughs reading through this thread...

I love my tarot decks as they are...........

Native American tarot, osho Zen and RWS..and now medicine woman.... and all stayed as they are......

but my Oracle decks I have added little white sticker typed keywords
on Wolf Song Pack, Crystal Oracle and Medicine cards.....and thinking I may do that with Scared Geometry...

have found them much more usuable, and have discovered a couple of the decks nearly disappeared in someone's handbag, it was just a joke, they loved them now I had added the stickers, they wanted to leave me their deck so they could have mine.... no way hozahe......lol....

Vesta